logo

Account blocked

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

max white, ivory brites, dazzle white, Texas Complaints & Reviews - teeth Whitening

max white, ivory brites, dazzle white Contacts & Informations

max white, ivory brites, dazzle white

Posted:    pam

teeth Whitening

Teeth Whitening
Texas
All I can say is BUYER BEWARE-- having ordered some of the free trials!! I must say I was shocked to see charges I did not authorize. Read the fine print as your joining a teeth whitening club that they charge monthly for as much as 88.00 really-- you could go to a dentist and get your teeth done for what this would cost you-- after getting caught up in this-- I called one place to cancel as I had not recieved their FREE TRIALwas told that the order has been sent and I would be charged 59.95 now what part of TRIAL am I not understanding? I asked why didn't they just show the charge as 59.95 to which the response was you have 14 days to send it back WHAT????? My suggestion people is don't order the FREE TRIAL-- for all you folks that have been ripped how about us getting together to do a class action on these companies praying on us--- One more Ddazzle white when I asked where they were located -- South Asia
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of May, 2009 by   Yoko -2 Votes
Talk to your bank or credit company ASAP!

I ordered trial kit last night and realized something wrong . They will charge for the amount the money ( for me it was $60) you did not authorize. They will charge the amount monthly if you don't cancel . If you already order them try to cancel.

I called my bank and they will cancel my card. To avoid unauthorized charge it seems the best.
 8th of Jun, 2009 by   Rose -1 Votes
I also ordered the trial, and was charged 85.95n for two months and never received the products i spoke with my credit card company and they called the max white people and acredit has been issued, I lso let the better business bureau know and they are doing an investigation. Also when you call them directly the people on the other end of the phone are none english speaking.
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   evie -1 Votes
I am having the same problem! With the cahrges accrued and the overdraft fees applied, this whole ordeal has cost me over $300!!! I went on using my ATM card thinking I was okay, and when I viewed my balance online I saw that I had been charged multiple times, even AFTER cancelling my "membership". I didn't realize I was joining a club for suckers. Boy, do I feel dumb!
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Wright Mom in PA -1 Votes
I just got suckered right before I found this website. I ordered the free trial with the promo code for $1.95. I got the confirmation # and kept checking my email and NEVER got one. I immediately checked my paypal acct and was shocked to see a $1.95 AND a 59.95 charge!!! I flipped! I got on the phone with paypal AND did the online chat with some Annie chick to find out WHY they charged me the extra 59.95. She tells me that it is just a "pending" charge and that it won't be on there and no money was taken out. BULL...it is gone! I get off the phone with paypal and I tell Annie to flat out cancel me, I don't want the trial, I don't want anything they have and put my money back in my acct. Here's what she says...
Annie: You have been removed from the auto ship program and you will not be receiving any further shipments. As per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to before placing your order, your card will be charged the discounted rate of $59.95 for the first shipment of Dazzle Whitening teeth after the completion of the trial period.

WHAT???? No way, NO charges! So I call them and get Steven on the phone. He cancels everything, I tells me I will get all my money back in the acct and I won't get the sample. GOOD, I don't want crap from you people. NOW, I have to wait 2 -3 days for all of my money to be put back in my acct??? If they can take it in seconds, they can put it back in seconds, right? And this Cathy Anderson person with her little blog...that's where I found this info. Apparently, she has blogs in the city where you live! She has blogs everywhere and they come up near you and she says that's where she lives! What a SCAM. She tells you to use 2 different products for the full effect. People, beware!!! I will be back to post if and when my money is put back in to my acct.
I saw the ad in my Comcast email sidebar ads area. I WILL be contacting Comcast on this one, too!
 10th of Jun, 2009 by   Wright Mom in PA 0 Votes
I filed with the ftc...https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   hounie 0 Votes
I've been reading the comments w/ the complaint of extra credit card charges being the main issue. My question is "Does this stuff really work?"
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   ASMW +1 Votes
I just received mine today - I think it works, but not worth the hassle of cancelling the clubs . . .I cancelled my credit card to be safe. I do not need any more stress. I think we all can do just as well with other the counter stuff or our dentist. I will send mine back at the end of the trial, but I also wanted to be sure to only be charged the shipping.
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   mrmike381 -7 Votes
If you read the whole page it tells you you have 10 days or 14 days to cancel!!! and it's not in small print!!! you always enter your credit or debt card number before reading everything on the page? ... thats just being lazy and you should be charged the extra money! its not a scam you're just lazy!!! you're slandering companies for your own stupidity. shame on you! everything in life has a catch, next time READ the whole page before you push enter!!
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   eughr -3 Votes
The exact grayed text you should read with attention:

"Offer Details: When you order today you'll be signed up as a member of our exclusive preferred customer club. You will be billed $4.95 for the shipping of your 14-day day trial, then once you choose to continue whitening with the DazzleWhite Pro System the low member price of only $58.76 per month for every month. (Shipped as a fresh, 3 month supply every 90 days.) And remember, there’s never any obligation – you can cancel your membership at any time by calling 866-989-2686. You have also unlocked your fourteen-day and twenty-eight day trial to the celebrity-proven Insider Secrets Tips package and the Comprehensive Weight Loss eBook package for just $3.24 and $7.14 a month thereafter (shows as "Web Access" and "Membership"), should you choose not to cancel. Prior charges for bonuses are non-refundable but subscription can be cancelled and future charges stopped at any time. To cancel, call toll-free 866-989-2685 for Insider Secrets and 1-800-989-5907 for the eBook package. No obligation, CANCEL ANYTIME! All bonus offers come with a monthly newsletter."
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   mrmike381 -6 Votes
THANK YOU EUGHR!!! <----- someone with common sense!
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   eughr -4 Votes
You're Welcome MRMIKE381 !
 15th of Jun, 2009 by   si 27 +2 Votes
Sounds like you two guys are on the dazzlewhite payroll! My fiancee in tears, call your bank anything like this is misleading and therefore a SCAM! Our bank has details and are looking into it. Its hard to cancel, hard to get in touch, conflicting advice and they block you from live chat if you ask too many questions do not be sucked in by this.
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   terri logsdon +2 Votes
THIS IS NOT A FREE TRIAL!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! I returned the dazzle white product soon after I received it ( 2-3 days). I couldn't stand the taste. I did just as they asked. I shipped it back with proof that they signed for the item. Within one week $58.75 was taken from my account. What a hassle. SCAM!! SCAM!!!
 17th of Jun, 2009 by   si 27 +1 Votes
£38 pounds deducted immediately plus £7. Unable to contact dazzlewhite easily my phone company waivering my attempts due to cost of my phone calls. sleepless nights, cancel your credit cards, my bank suspects identity theft I've changed my phone numbers. The product arrived, I was left a calling card as I was at work, the postage was underpaid!! Taken advice contact police, contact bank. I'm not collecting the product at all it will be returned to sender at no more cost to me that is what the post ofice have advised me. My bank is raising transactions as a dispute. The hostile manner of the staff at the company I was blocked on live chat, I've cancelled my credit card as third parties have unlimited access, the terms & conditions are brutal & changeable, the prices are all different within minutes, the shipping fee increased 3 fold during the offer, NOT FREE TRAIL THE BIGGEST HEADACHE EVER I feel so dumb, it's cost me big time in emotional stress. Do what I did, refuse delivery & it will be returned to sender, massive lesson learned, Ive taken identity theft insurance out for next few months as I am so scared. If in UK it can take 3 weeks to get product & you haven't even the time to get it back to them if you chartered an aeroplane yourself. BLOCK INTERNATIONAL CALLS FROM YOUR MOBILE IF YOU IN UK< CANCEL YOUR CREDIT CARD & TALK TO YOUR BANK IT's A MAJOR SCAM.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   mrmike381 -2 Votes
hahaha, yea...i had NOOO problem canceling!!! I DON'T WORK FOR THEM AND THERE IS A FREE TRIAL!!! my teeth arn't that much whiter though and i'm only 25...but there is no scam here! it's sad you guys are prob twice my age and have no logic. if it was such a major scam AOL would have taken them off there web site a long time ago. some things are marketing tatics...not a scam...big difference. when you call and cancel they try to give you it for half the price...just say no and have a good day!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   mrmike381 -3 Votes
also take note in what EUGHER posted... how many different #'s are there, i'd put money on you guys only called ONE #!!! read read read the whole page!
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   diligenceisnotenough +3 Votes
The problem according to the law isn't the "grayed" text, which by the way would constitute an effort not to highlight but to hide the indicated text, but the misleading come on by "Cathy Anderson" implying that all she did was pay for the shipping of the trial product. To compound matters the payments are being made through the Federal wire transfer system which would make it the crime of fraud by use of that system. Such a crime is punishable by up to 20 years in a Federal prison. Defend them if you must but the underlying willful intent is to mislead and deceive which is the classic definition required for the crime. Utilizing a come on by a fictious person who lives in every city to get you to get the trial is about as classic a deliberate scam as you can get.

Diligenceisnotenough
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   si 27 +3 Votes
answer to mr mike... we rang all the numbers. There is a one hour slot from 11am -12 noon to ring from UK, calls jammed. (& whilst at work you can't just get to the phone easily can you!) Problems cancelling & that the money has gone despite assurance it wouldnt go until product returned. The parcel was underpaid even though we paid for this too. I am a professional person of high intelligence, my bank is in agreement with me. Surprisingly your experience seems unbelievably different & you are definitly lucky & in the minority. I've said enough, on previous comment above. I am appalled at my experience & only care about these people & hope I can help them. To the people who have been duped read above please & take care
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   tjr +2 Votes
DO NOT BUY! This product was advertised as a trial period only to cost $4.95 for shipping and handling. Within 15 minutes after putting my credit card information in, my bank called me by phone. They informed me that several charges are trying to be applied to my card and did I authorize them. I told my bank "NO" I only authorized a single charge for $4.95. The bank told me that six charges were trying to be applied to my account from 4 different places. Two from Dazzle White, one for $4.95 and one for $58.76. Another two charges tried to go through for something called "Livestrong". Another charge tried to go though for something called "Natural" and the last was something called "RVSV" or something like it.

After talking with my bank I called Dazzle White and spoke to a representative that gave me a cancellation number for the subscription, but not for the $ 58.76. She informed me that I had to get the product first and then mail it back for a refund. Are you kidding! I explained the order had only been placed in the last 30 minutes. So within a timeframe of 15 minutes their company billed my acount 6 times, and 15 minutes later when I spoke with them and they wouldn't stop the order.

Thank God Wells Fargo called me so quick. Wells Fargo declined four of the six charges immediately and they said once the two Dazzle White charges are posted they will be able to decline those also.

As for the product "Dazzle White". Does it work? Who cares don't buy it! I've had my teeth whitened professionally before. It cost me $ 385.00 total for my upper and lower teeth. I was amazing how white they were after a 2 hour session with my dentist. If you look at how much this product will cost you in a 12 month period would be $ 705.12, not including the other crap they try to put on your credit card.

If you are having your teeth whitened by your dentist, your teeth are white when you leave their office. Who knows how long this "Dazzle Crap" will take to work.

As for a previous post from mrmike381 stating that its not a scam but only marketing tactics. "Scam" is defined as: A fraudulant or deceptive act, to cheat or defraud, the act of swindling by some fraudulent scheme. I guess in Mikes world Bernie Madoff's ponzie sceme was just a bad marketing stradegy!
 19th of Jun, 2009 by   AZ Burt +2 Votes
I think everyone here, including I, have learned to research ANYTHING offered over the internet that requires a credit/debit card. I cancelled Dazzlewhite within 24 hours of ordering after noticing a hold on my debit account (which overdrew the account).

I called 15 days later after seeing another charge on the account and was assured no other charges would be placed. The two other "tag-along" memberships must be cancelled separately! Curios that these two calls went to the same phone bank (same on-hold music). Just had to wait 5 minutes. Be sure to get cancellation confirmation numbers or copy & save any online conversations.

The product may or may not work, but their system of suckering the public DOES work as evidenced by all of the internet complaints. Problem is, this is an off shore company based in Cypress or Durham or one of many other "affiliated" companies.

Helpful Tips For Online Shoppers