logo

Gigats.com
unprofessional
4. (22 mins ago)
Giftwithlove.com
This site is ridiculous and complete fraud
5. (25 mins ago)

Posted:    gfaigen

can't unsubscribe

gfaigen
gfaigen@faigenenterprises.com
I have been trying to unsubscribe from match.com almost the day after I subscribed to it. There isn't a place to unsubscribe and the websites they gave me to unsubscribe do not work. It should be illegal for people to be forced to remain on their website and they should not give false information about how to unsubscribe.

I have their name in my junk mail but I still receive mail every day. This complaint is on principle of freedom to not be intimidated by a website. HELP GET ME OFF!
Comments United States Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2010 by   marie wright 0 Votes
Correct--there is no way to unsubscribe from Match.com. I signed up for a 1-month trial in Sept 09 and they have been billing my charge card every since. They never told me I had to unsubscribe. They offered me a 1-month, 6-month or 12-month subscription. They are still billing me. I think we should take out a class action suit. I have read that even when you change your card number they follow you to the next charge card number and keep billing you. I think they also send fake Matches, and spam your box with them. I could not reach them by phone but was put on a "call back at another time--all representatives are busy".
They told my bank I was supposed to unsubscribe--well they never told me that--and furthermore there was no way to reach them as all emails went unanswered, without even notification that the email was sent or received. Total FRAUD. MATCH.COM should change their name to THIEVES.COM. I would like to shut them down with a Class-Action suit.
 17th of May, 2010 by   flickle1 0 Votes
i have also been caught by this scam, my advice to anyone is to phone you bank and tell them to issue you a different credit/debit card and to block the old one..
 28th of Oct, 2010 by   smoofsmif 0 Votes
I agree.. I have had it with Match.com! Can't believe that they can get away with this! When I tried to cancel my subscription, I got to a page that stated the following:

"You have an active Match-Pass.

Your subscription is due to be renewed on November 4 2010.

Before you delete your profile you must first cancel the automatic renewal of your subscription via your "My subscription" tab above."

There is no way to cancel it from "My subscription" - Only upgrade!! Don't know what to do??
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   SamanthaMcFarlane 0 Votes
Same thing with me. I have been charged for at least 6 months after I cancelled, sent numerous emails, followed their instructions AT LEAST 10 times and still nothing. I am waiting for my new credit card to come through then I am cancelling my current card for good. This is bullshit! I'm a student and money is tight, I can't afford the hundreds of dollars they have charged me for nothing.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   smoofsmif 0 Votes
Try this number : 0800 3685858
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   JimTheScribe 0 Votes
I hate Match.com. I've been caught in the system for years. My DAILY matches are often the same people. I feel as if I already know about 70 percent of the "matches" that I receive, some from as far as 300 or 400 miles away.

I would advice everyone to stay off this site and its "sister sites."
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   greenman9 0 Votes
I have just tried to delete my profile!! I couldn't find a corner as they said, yet in doing so i came across your comments . Fortunately i have not subscribed!!!
It is i think a common trap we are led into !! the Government should be aware of these practices ??? yet they are allowed to continue, to let the public be deceived, no change they're!!! Any site that wants your card details NO, NO, NO !!! check with your bank first !!!
 1st of Jan, 2013 by   la mechanic-fed up 0 Votes
Somebody help me! I honestly don't know how I got on match.com but I can't find a way to get off no matter what!

Rental Cars: 5 Tips for a Better Deal