Profile hacked into

My profile was hacked into on June 3rd and the hacker posted at the end of my profile something inappropriate. My password was strong and not related to me, I never accessed the site on a public computer and I have no idea how this happened. I contacted Match.com customer service and all they said is to change my password and that it "did not look like my profile was compromised". How does this happen? They supposedly screen everything that is entered in your profile. They need to employ better screening processes. Has this happened to anyone else? Maybe their data base was hacked into.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Dating Services
Was the above complaint useful?

23rd of Jun, 2012 by    0 Votes
I haven't had mine hacked, but I have seen the profile of other people that have obviously been hacked. The comments that are being left sound like the work of a teenager (or someone with that level of maturity). I'm watching my profile carefully, but considering shutting it down altogether if the Match folks are not going to take these situations seriously and look into them.
 8th of Aug, 2012 by    0 Votes
Match.com was hacked and my profile was compromised. I just spoke with match.com customer service and they either have hired the dumbest human being on earth or the have instructed him to play dumb as a CYA. First, the moron told me that my profile was compromised because someone sent me an email from outside the service, which I had to remind him that match.com is a members only service and the email I received was from another member, ... hello?... why else would I be calling? Then he told me that they have a warning in their user guide not to click on links, and I clicked on a link that sent spam to my contacts, the implication being that I caused this upon myself. I reminded him that his email service is proprietary and that is the purpose of purchasing a subscription as opposed to using Craigslist!!! So, I guess their stand is it's not their fault they were hacked it was mine!!!

Match.com  Logo Match.com