logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hughes Net
Horrible internet provider & service!
2. (51 mins ago)
Nice, Polite Ways of Working and Hassle-Free Execution of Projects

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Majic Window, Wixom, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Horrible treatment with their employees!

Majic Window Contacts & Informations

Majic Window

Posted:    Valerie

Horrible treatment with their employees!

Majic Window
Beck Rd..
Wixom, Michigan
www.majicwindow.com
Majic windows is a horrible company. Hard work means nothing to them. The General Manager and just about anyone else in the company of authority are all family hire on's-inlaws of Rod Rue the owner who married a bulldyke who left him with the intent on taking him to the cleaners. He only keeps them on so he will not have to give them a real wage and so he can keep the woman happy. The GM instructs workers to lie, promotes only his party buddies and friends and treats everyone else like dirt. Rod Rue is a good man but is married on family are trash. He has very little if no idea what is even going on with his company and if he did he would have a heart attack. I would not buy anything from this company.
Comments United States Building, Construction
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Oct, 2008 by   keith wysocki +1 Votes
The state of michigan needs to investigate these guys. IF YOU PURCHASE FROM THEM I WILL GUARANTEE YOU ONE THING AND ITS
NOT A GOOD WARRANTY. I CAN GAURANTEE YOU ONE THING NO SERVICE THATS FOR SURE.

JUST CHECK THE BBB THEY DON'T LIE
 28th of Nov, 2008 by   The Person +1 Votes
Funny how you say very shady at best. If this is the case then that has to make you very shady at best. Doesnt seem to me you work at a company for three years and sell over three million dollars worth of this companys product all the while raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars with no issues for three years. Then all of the sudden you no longer work for them and they instantly become shady at best. I am sure you didnt recceive the money you say is owed for a reason. Maybe the last three years while you were selling all this product for the company you forgot that uncle sam still gets his and you havent been giving him his. Now they finally contact the company and put a hold on any money owed since it isnt really your money. Just thought I would chime in.
 20th of Apr, 2009 by   We the people -1 Votes
LEARN TO BE MORE PATIENT MY ASS, THE ONLY REASON YOU GOT YOUR MONEY, IF YOU EVEN DID WAS BECAUSE YOU WENT CRAWLING BACK TO HIM. ITS EXACTLEY HOW YOU PUT IT THE FIRST TIME THE COMPANY TREATS YOU LIKE SHIT IF YOU LEAVE AND DOESNT PAY YOU ANY MONEY OWED PERIOD.
ITS FUNNY TO SEE YOUR COMMENTS AFTER YOU LEAVE AND WERE WRONGED, THEN THE TUNE CHANGES HEN YOU COME BACK TO THE "SHADY COMPANY".
 21st of Sep, 2009 by   MI3344 +1 Votes
WOW...is Hanson's or Wallside hiring people to trash other companies? Every company has it's ups & downs at some point. I've heard & dealt with them as a customer. I am very satisfied with my new windows & salesman who sold them to me. I think it's great that he hired family to run the company...who doesn't hire family when you have your own business? Family - you can trust, others - you have to wonder & take a while to fully trust.
 21st of May, 2010 by   mlw -1 Votes
I also have had nothing but problems with this company!!! From getting tossed around from person to person to get matters solved. I even had a repair man out and he said "oh yeah, that salesman will lie just to get a sale" ( John Stover-sales person). I have had a repair man to my house 3 times, once to see the problem, once to install a new lock(did'nt fit and had to re-order), then again for the new order part and STILL did'nt fit!!! So after 3 days off NOT paid sitting and waiting for them to get their crap together it is STILL NOT FIXED!!! I left a message for the general manager Alan Brooks and imagine this he did NOT call me to even find out what the problm was. SO HERE I GO AGAIN :( THIS COMPANY IS HORRIBLE. I would contact the owner Rod Rue but even the employers tell me I will NEVER reach him. I am still going to fight this battle even if I have to get a lawyer involved!!! I WILL WIN!!!
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   Ronda in Tecumseh 0 Votes
I called Majic Windows today to ask to have someone come and check the tension in my windows. 2 of the 11 windows are fine, but the others take 2 strong arms to lift to open. Their reponse? They wanted to charge me $75 to have someone come and look at them. So much for a life time guarantee. Next time I won't buy Majic windows.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   Whistler719 -1 Votes
Majic Windows was real good about showing up at my house to sell me their products, but as far as quality workmanship? The person responsible for installing our siding trim actually told my husband to finish it himself! Now, the trim is falling off of my house, and the windows have locks that don't meet the standards advertised. All the screws in the lock mechanisms are stripped.
I am just curious...how did that Majic Windows salesman know I had just received a loan to perform improvements on my home? Hmmmm.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   Ped OFF 0 Votes
I have also had nothing but problems with this company. They are rude and have no intentions to satisfy customers. They are the priciest company around and all they want is your money. SHADY SHADY SHADY. I got a quote from weatherguard and it was $5000 less than majic. I called majic to tell them that I did not want to go through them and all they could say is you have a contract with us. I was never informed that I had only 3 days to cancel my contract and now I am in a fight to get this canceled. I told them that I cannot get the loan for the windows and again they said you have a contract with US. We can charge you anyways. I called the customer service and they said I had to talk to the salesman. WHY? Dont they have an acct manager? The lady said "I am just a receptionist and I cant help you" rudely I must add. I called the salesman and he never even called me back after 3 messages left for him. Now I have an attorney who advised me not to speak to the company at all. They will get whats coming to them for ripping people off. I have heard nothing but complaints about them. DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST!! I did not and now I'm paying for it with aggravation.
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   Angry Customer 0 Votes
My boyfriend has had so much trouble getting his windows fixed. He just had them put in, 2009 they messed up the installation so bad they leak cold air. Not just one window but all of them and the one window in the master bedroom leaks really bad at the seems you can see the light outside, it literally is so cold polar bears would love it in there, we stopped sleeping in there it got so cold.. The front window pushes in if you lean on it. Calling people to come look at this problem is bs.. now every time i call the phone line is busy wth gives.. Spoke to some jerk named Allan Brooks and boy was he very anal to say the least. i bet his windows in his house don't leak. YOU BUY CHEAP CRAP AND SUFFER. WITH ALL THE MONEY ED SPENT ON THESE WINDOWS YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD HAVE HAD BETTER SERVICE AND BETTER INSTALLATION. bad business ..
 4th of Mar, 2011 by   UNHAPPY _CUSTOMER 0 Votes
I totally agree>>>>>>>>>when i purchased these windows one of the things that swayed my decision to go ahead and buy from them was the "LIFETIME GUARRANTY" my a**!!! i have had someone come out and fix the SAME window with the SAME problem three times. I called them to come and fix it for the FOURTH ime and was told i had to pay $75.00 ??? FIX the problem CORRECTLY the FIRST time and you wouldn't have to come back. it"s crazy that I have to pay for them to fix a problem that they can't seem to fix the first time. DO NOT RECCOMMEND THIS COMPANY at all. they do not know what customer appreciation and satisfaction is!
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   EnerBankSucks 0 Votes
We ordered 3 windows and 1 door-wall from Majic Windows. The windows 3 windows opened from the wrong side, quite possibly because the window manufacturer put the stickers on upside down. I called Majic Windows' President and asked for a refund. He knocked $500 off of the price! We settled for that. The installation job was a fiasco! Those dolts got mus and broken glass all over our house. It took a major cleanup after they were done. Some trim was very irregular and a windowsill sustained major damage that had to be repaired by a private contractor we paid for on our own. And, the finance company, EnerBank is a real piece of work. Their contract contained some undecipherable verbage that resulted in a massive amount of hidden charges and illegal charges. We are currently in preparing for a lawsuit with this company; more extra out-of-pocket expenses because of Majic Windows! We like our new windows, but we now question if it was worth it because of all the other little problems. Majic Windows; we used them because they were the only local window company with the type of windows we wanted. EnerBank: BEWARE !!! Stay away from this finance company! They are still doing the shady deals that got the Wall Street Bankers in trouble! Stay far away from EnerBank! BEWARE !!!
 7th of Jul, 2011 by   HONESTLIL 0 Votes
ITS SCAREY!!! THIS COMPANY SENT A SALES MAN TO MY HOUSE THAT SAT FOR 4HOURS TILL HE GOT ME TO SIGN THAT STUPIED CONTRACT. HE NEVER WOULD EXPLAIN THE FINACING, , JUST WOULD SAY THAT HE HAD TO RUN A CREDIT CHECK FIRST. I DIDN'T WANT TO FINNCE WITH THEM IF THE INTEREST WAS HIGH. IT WAS OVER A HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND THE THREE DAYS PASSEDTO CANCEL CONTRACT AND I HADN'T HEARD ABOUT THE FINACING AND HOW MUCH I WOULD BE PAYINBG A MONTH. LOW AND BEHOLD 7 DAYS AND THIS DIM WIT CALLS FROM HER CAR AND SAYS SHE WANTS ME TO SIGN PAPERS. THE INTEREST RATE IS SO HIGH AND I GET THIS OFF THE WALL CHARGE CARD THAT THEY SEND YOU AND WANT YOU TO PUT THE COST OF WINDOWS 8, 000
O9N THIS CHARGE CARD!!! I REFUSED AND SAID I'M GETTING A LAWYER. THEY SAID I SIGNED A CONTRACT WITH THEM.
WE ALL NEED TO GO AFTER THIS COMPANY... ITS BAD BUSINESS AND THEY DON'T WASTE TIME CASHING YOUR DEPOSIT CHECK AND NOT RETURNING IT. I HAVEN'T EVEN GOT THE WINDOWS FINACED AND THEY HAVE ME IN A COLLECTIONS WITH A LAW SUIT
HUM... BEWARE PEOPLE OF MAGIC WINDOWS AND THAT MANAGER BROOKS!!
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   CLS MAJIC IS A JOKE +1 Votes
I only wish I came across this comment page before my dad sigmed his contract... My father is hanicap and needed a shower tub put in. So on march 26, 2011 deposit was made towrds a 5235 dollar job. Was suppose to be instulled april 25, 2011. oh problem with measurements ect. finally came out on july 19 and completely removed all working plumbing and tour out bath tub to the wood in the floor . ran into a mesurment problem once again and as of todaay aug 24 my father is with out a shower in his home. They will not return his drposit due to "he is not intiled to it" we have a lawyer and had some one out today who said they got thereself into something they cant fix now it will cost my dad 10, 000 to have his bahroom fixed due to their mistake they wont admit. They are rude and hang up on me.
I talked with there lawyer who had no idea ofthe situation..he was just told my dad refused to make payment on a finished job. i was like what they guuted my dads bathroom and nothing has been done in months!
BEWARE DO NOT go with MAJIC.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   rob44 0 Votes
I work for majic and I do understand where all of you are comming from. They do play favorites and the people in the office are shady asshole who have no heart. I do want to say this tho that not all installers are bad the guy I work for and I take pride in what we do. sometimes problems do occur and it takes a few trys to get it right but every company goes through that. i would have to say tho if you are looking to buy windows from us do your researh and dont let the heartless basterd sales people rip you off.
 28th of Sep, 2011 by   fedup0711 +1 Votes
Horrible! In the process right now of getting the run around from Majic. No one ever returns calls, no one is EVER in the office. I have left several messages, all the way up to the GM, and still have not rec'd a call back. They were quick to cash my check though - it's been 5 weeks and still no work done. I just wish I would have checked the reviews prior to giving them money. Run as fast as you can away from this company! If at least one person listens to this, then I've saved them a huge headache dealing with these people.
 15th of Dec, 2011 by   sensibleopinions -1 Votes
Wow! Reading all these comments about a company I used to work for is amazing. I do have to say I'm in agreement as I did work in the office with Alan Brooks for a long time. I'm not an ex-employee bashing because I was "wronged" or anything, I left on my own accord. However, I must throw in the fact that none of the people that run the place have a conscience and no, Rod does not know half the crap that his so called "family" pulls, but that is his own fault. It's sad too, because in the end, it's his name that will be drug through mud. But at the same token, none of those so called "family members" that run Majic Window obtained their jobs on merit.
 10th of Apr, 2012 by   Good JuJu +1 Votes
I will play devils advocate. I had ordered windows and had them installed in my house and my rental. They did an excellent job! Showed up on time, worked diligently and were knowledgeable. I did have a problem about 3 months later with some trim. I called customer service and they sent a repairman out 2 days later and solved the issue. He apologized for the inconvenience and offered me 4 tickets for my husband and I, along with our children to go see a family movie, Nice Gesture!! Well Done! Great Service, patience is the key, offer them up a pitcher of some southern sweet and you are in!!! I cant be more happy than when the lady of the week stops buy, !!! I think some people like to grouch because they are just unhappy and want to exude thay have been cheated.
****************** Karka, Karkm, Karkm****** Though are a heartless bitch!!! ****************
 15th of Apr, 2012 by   Rook3168 0 Votes
Alan brooks is a uneducated man who only has the job he does because he is related to family. In fact most of the people working there would be working at mcdonalds if they didn't have family there all uneducated. I had someone come to my house and beg me to let them give me a quote for siding. I told them I already had someone but they promised they could beat the price. So I made an appointment the next day at 11 am. What do you know nObody showed up. When I called I was told that the lady was to busy to call me. Guess what I spent my whole morning sitting around waiting for you and nobody called nobody apologized. When I tried getting Allen to call he tried once left a message and never tried again. I left several messages. If you can't get customer service to get a order how do u think they will treat you once they have your money.
 25th of Jun, 2012 by   Boysiv +1 Votes
I purchased magic windows for my house 7 years ago and while I love the product and the retractable screens; the service sucks. The screens are now starting to break, I have 2 windows with seal breaks and 1 window that has a hole in it that was our fault. I want to pay for a replacement, but I can't even get service for that. I'm afraid that I will just have to start replacing them with another product which really makes me sick because I too was swayed by the warranty promise. Stay away from magic windows, not because the product is bad, but because there is no customer support and they aren't worth the headache!
 18th of Jul, 2012 by   pauline getzie +1 Votes
We put a down payment down on windows from Majic in May. Have not heard from them or the salesman - except to want to add $1800 to almost a $12, 000 charge. Tried reaching the company -- phone was always busy -- called the salesman and left a message no return as of yet. My questionn is -- Does anyone know how we can get our money back and cancel these Majic windows?????

5 Tips on Finding a Real Estate Agent