logo
search

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Vivitar
Rude/Wouldn't accept return that I am 100 percent positive I bought from store.
2. (0 mins ago)
Employee Coast

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Magic Jack, Massachusetts Complaints & Reviews - Doesn't work with DSL as promised

Magic Jack Contacts & Informations

Posted:    LeoV

Doesn't work with DSL as promised

Massachusetts
www.magicjack.com
Magic Jack does not have a customer service rep when you call, they try to force you to order on their hotline. They tell you it works with DSL, sure, it does, but you still need your phone service to use your DSL, therefore, you still have two bills. one for their product and one for your dsl. If you have a cable modem, then you may want to get it, but if you google: Magic Jack complaints, you may want to think twice, because the internet is full of complaints from them. Which is how I found this site. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jul, 2008 by   linda mitchell 0 Votes

Magic Jack - doesnt work,no customer support unable to return
magicjack.com
California
www.magicjack.com

There is no customer support to let me know how to return this device. It didnt work and slowed down and damaged my computer. They claim an easy return but unable to return.. Can you help me to get a return address?
 11th of Jul, 2008 by   william robinson 0 Votes
magic jack do not work on my computer and when i try to get help with it i can not get no one, and it want let me return it
 14th of Jul, 2008 by   sandra wolfenbarger 0 Votes
same thing, won't work, can't return..they won't give you anRMA which they say is necessary, and the form you are susposed to fill out is lacking a box to fill in your email address which is required to get an RMA number. so quess what? you can"t return that sucker no matter what. SCAM? you bet.
 2nd of Sep, 2008 by   jhymlog -1 Votes
..Com-on man! ..You don't need phone service for Magicjack!

Magicjack with DSL works perfect.. and you say it don't?

Works with 1000's and 1000, s of DSL users!

Just because you can't talk your Phone service to use DSL only
..You Blame Magicjack!

Plugin Magicjack.. and it works fine. Amazing how many say Magicjack don't work when it does...

If your PC doesn't work with Magicjack you blame Magicjack..?

It couldn't possibly be your PC ...could it? NO NO!

Update your PC Man! ..Try a 220v outlet! ..Repeat as Necessary!

..Amazing!
 26th of Oct, 2008 by   bosoxfan -2 Votes
But with DSL you are still using the phone line, therefore the phone company said there will be charges for any long distance made through the DSL connection, even if the line is DSL service only!! People need to know this before they get suckered into this thing.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   charalene tucker 0 Votes

Magic Jack - price

I was charge for service that i didn't ask for. the 2 year upgrade and express shipping/ the cost for the jack is 39.95 and that the only amount should be charge to my card
 24th of Nov, 2008 by   jhymlog 0 Votes
..Well you better get on the stick and tell all the airports, motels, food places and all the free wifi spots about being charged..!
...Try a 220v outlet -one ..more time!
 26th of Nov, 2008 by   Art McDonald 0 Votes

Magic Jack - Voice Mail
1137 Nightingale St
Braham
Minnesota
Phone: 763.202.4585

I have a number of voice mail notices on my emails for Magic Jack. When I follow the instructions to retrieve them I am told my password is incorrect, yet when I look at my original stuff that pw is the one that shows up. How do I retrieve my voice mails?
Thanks
 2nd of Dec, 2008 by   belinda 0 Votes
I was billed immediately - no free trial period as advertised. My card was billed twice what it was supposed to be. I cancelled my card so it can not happen again! I have contacted the BBB. Terrible product! Terrible service!
 23rd of Dec, 2008 by   RIZWAN 0 Votes

Magic Jack - scam of the year
magicjack.com

This is all scam, the whole thing, how come govt allow a bussiness to be started without the customer service, there is no phone and no proper way to complain about the service the magic jack promise. DONT GET SCAMED BY MAGIC JACK- SHAME ON BORISLOW AND HIS FAMILY
 29th of Dec, 2008 by   David 0 Votes
You're not quite understanding what the phone company is saying. You can cancel your phone service and still have DSL. Magic Jack doesn't make calls via your DSL line itself, it sends the call through the internet - it's called "voice over internet". So the phone company has no objection and won't charge you for using it. In other words, when you are using Magic Jack or any VOIP services like Vonage, the calls are not placed via phone lines, so the phone companies can't charge you for it.
 16th of Jan, 2009 by   Norman Bishop 0 Votes

Magic Jack - Mine Doesn't work
Norman Bishop
Newport
Oregon
Phone: 541-848-5923

I have current service paid until April of 2009---it doesn't work and I have no service at all---please have Magic Jack contact me at 541-265-3806 right away!!!
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   MJUSER +1 Votes
Of course you still have a DSL bill DUH!!! its the same DSL bill you always recieved before you got your Magic Jack did you think when you got your Magic Jack that was going to eliminate your DSL bill
 21st of Jan, 2009 by   Sparky6 +1 Votes
You cant be serious that your DSL bill goes away by using MJ can you?? You have DSL to access the internet, you could drop your phone number and still pay only for the DSL service. My MJ is working perfectly. If your worried about them "spying" on you, then sit in a dark corner with the lights off and cut all the wires entering your house!!! Let me let you in on a secret, just about every website you visit spies on you so, save money by using MJ and protect yourself on what you use your MJ PC for, but don't bash MJ for items beyond their control. They NEVER said that they would give you free internet to go along with your inexpensive phone service!!
 26th of Jan, 2009 by   Pete 0 Votes

Magic Jack - Wrong Number
New Jersey

I Bought the magic jack and I gave it to my sister and when I called the number to speak with her the [hone was answeared from somebody in Cairo Egypt. And I cant reach the magic Jack to find out what is going on.
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   tjw 0 Votes
I guess I was scammed, Magic Jack doesn't work, came with very vague instructions, I hope I am able to get a refund!
 24th of Feb, 2009 by   zmannyc2 0 Votes
All I know is mine is working fine, although I only got it a few days ago. It works over my dsl connection, even better than I was expecting. As for customer service, if you paid with a credit card, you have 60 days from the time you received the item to dispute it with your card issuer.
 6th of Mar, 2009 by   problemattic 0 Votes
Unfortunately, my phone company, through which I get DSL service, will not provide me with only DSL. I have to have basic phone service as well; at least a $50 per month charge, plus the cost of the DSL. So I cannot, as the infomercial for Magic Jack states, "fire" my phone company! Some phone companies, I understand, will allow customers to pay for only DSL, but I haven't found one yet. It would be great if Magic Jack made it clear that this is not often an option, and that their product will not save money for those in my situation. The informercial says nothing about the potential problem, and I have yet to find anything about it on their website. I understand the issue...just don't understand why it isn't made clear, and I wonder how many Magic Jacks are needlessly ordered by people in my situation.
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   framptn1972 0 Votes
I called my friend recently and asked him what his caller id showed, he s aid some s"atellite company" I thought wow it should at least show registered to me.
 10th of Apr, 2009 by   shjon 0 Votes
I dont have DSL so I wont comment on that. I have broadband (through comcast) I have had magicjack for quite some time now and I have NEVER had 1 single problem with it. I even use a wireless connection and a wireless phone and it works flawlessly. Magic Jack is not a scam and dont forget you paying $20 per yr for this service that comes to about 41 cents PER WEEK. Going into this I thought even if it only works part time or has some dropped calls I always remember that you get what you pay for and for 41 cents per week magic jack is great.

Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Spying