logo

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and scam

Magic Jack
magicjack.com
Magic jack is a scam i would not recommend this product i would not put anyone through this *** *** junk and having that little girl lie for them on site shame on you magic ***. They need a law suit on them and especially no phone number for customer support they must not like it either for them to have magic jack and not have phone for c/s whats up with that and there chat clients are not good also they must of just started to school on customer service and still in kindergarten, magic jack you need to be put out of business and a big law suit.

Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008 by   Owen Dussard 0 Votes

Unable to receive incoming calls - Magic Jack

UNABLE TO RECEIVE INCOMING CALLS!!!
 30th of Aug, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Lets start off by saying Please save yourself the head ache DON'T BUY this product. The entire infomercial looks and sounds great but they don't tell you upfront is that its really not a 30 day trial but rather a 15 day trial cause after 15 days they charge your credit card like they did mine.

They don't tell you that if you ever have a problem you WILL NEVER speak to a live representative, cause the company does not have a telephone.

They don't tell you that if you wish to send your product back it will take them 45 days to issue you a refund.

They don't tell you up front that in order to have 24/7 phone access your computer can not go into hibernation or be shut off, imagine if you have an emergency at night time when your computer is usually off and don't have access to a phone, ? or if you have a burglar and need to contact the police?

When you do call 911 they don't tell you that your actually speaking with a internet computer and not that of your local police department which by the way you have to be sure you give them all kinds of information Home address, name, phone #, etc) before they even dispatch anyone out to your home.(I don't know about you guys but I have small children, who are to young to memorize this information, and trust them to know that in a hectic situation/emergency they are going to be able to assist this internet operator to get some help in time? I mean what if something ever happened to mommy or daddy and they needed the police but didn't know the information because their to young 5, yrs old?

They don't tell you that you can not make any phone calls that require you to input #s such as if you call your bank and have to input your ss# good luck because every number you press is multiplied by 2 try inputing your account # ssi# or anything that is requiring verification data of you, sorry you can't so if the company your calling does not have a customer service rep wgile peek hours your out of luck.

They don't tell you that you have to dial your area code to make phone calls within your own city, so to call your next door neighbor you must first dial your area code.

They don't tell you that you can not be on your computer doing work because every time someone in your house picks up the phone or a call comes in a box pops up which you have to minimize, and yes you have to minimize it for every call going out or coming in, trust me its a pain especially when your spouse work is done primarily on the pc, try writing a word, power point, excel, while every 10 seconds you have a box popping up on your working screen, now you can take care of this problem by simply unplugging your phone, thus eliminating anyone in the home using the phone, or receiving calls, but hey at least you get your work done without any annoying boxes interrupting you.

They don't tell you that once you connect the magic jack to your computer, your going to be using up your systems resources, & have to update all your pc's direct x functions, so if your not a computer garu your in trouble, or you can just call their tech support and speak with someone who can walk you through the process... oh no wait sorry they have no live person you can talk to if you need any customer assistance or tech support you have to go online and chat with them. by the way good luck getting someone to log in to the chat area to assist you, lets just say that if its less then 2 minutes your one of the lucky ones.

I don't know about you folks but I wish someone would of told me all this before I spent my time and money buying this product cause now the end result is that I have no product as i sent them back and I have no money cause they have yet to date to issue a refund, and I cant speak with no one cause oh yeah there's no phone # to call the company, corporate or either wise. In closing i hope i was able to save someone the ordeal and head aches I have gone through with this company, I just hope I get my money back, I'll keep trying its now been 18 days and counting since I spoke, sorry chatted with a customer service rep. If you do purchase this product I wish you all the luck, but I'm sure I will be reading more posts about this great $20 a year phone service, I guess its true what my dad always told me if something sounds to good to be true 9 out of 10 times it usually is.-Iaz Family, Las Vegas Nv Good luck!
 11th of Sep, 2008 by   Joe from Mississippi +1 Votes
I have Vonage and it has a lot of good features. Pretty reasonable to. Because of my wife and kids having cell phones we rarely use the home phone. I was looking for something even cheaper than Vonage. I have seen the MagicJack commercial numerous times and was going to give it a try. Steve, like any new product you will have complaints. I read several, but was still interested in purchasing. But after reading ALL that you have been through, I wouldn't touch this product if the gave it to me with free service. I thank you for this post and you have by far been through more than any other consumer being scammed by TragicJack. Guess I will be sticking with Vonage a little longer.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
Just to let you know, if you use the free trial for magic jack, and use a debit card, they will charge you right away! I didn't even authorize them to charge my debit card and they did anyways. I am now dealing with live help, and they say i have to contact them in 2-3 hours b4 they can help me. Also i had no money in that account so now I'm gonna be charged a overdraft fee. It also takes up to 3 days for them to refund my debit card, but by then i will have already endured a overdraft fee.
 26th of Sep, 2008 by   carolyn mclendon 0 Votes

refund - Magic Jack

I sent the magic jack back, you received it on sept. 6. Ihaven't gotten my refund yet.
 2nd of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I have had the magicjack since March of 2008. I loved it. The calls were clear and reliable. I enjoyed my service for almost six months when suddenly there was no dial tone on my phone. I checked the software and I was able to dial and make calls using the microphone and speakers on my PC, but not using a phone extension. I mean, isn't that the point of the MagicJACK? That it is supposed to be a jack so you can dial from a phone.

Thinking that I could report the problem, I got online with their live chat. Chad (the live chat rep), took me through almost an hour and a half of "try this", and "Now try this". I did everything he asked and it still did not fix the problem. At about one hour and twenty minutes, I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was then transferred (via chat) to Mylene (who claimed to be a supervisor). She began to diagnose all over again. I stopped her and said that I had been through all of this and that I just wanted my 20.00 product replaced. I told her that there clearly was a problem and that they should stand behind their product and replace it. She flat out told me that she WILL not replace until they can diagnose the problem. She then began to give me more "Try this". I told her that I had no intention of allowing her to waste more of my time. I told her that I would file a complaint about their poor customer care and give she and Chad a low review. She told me to go right ahead. This is exactly the kind of crap that has been allowed during the "Bush" administration. Legalized rip offs. DO NOT FALL FOR MAGICJACK! You will be disappointed sooner or later.
 6th of Oct, 2008 by   Sistahgyrl 0 Votes

refunds - Magic Jack

Does anyone have the actual phone number to magic jack?
 7th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
I purchased magicjack and well within the 30 day return period, I decided to return the unit but couldn't get an RWA. I was finally told that there was no record of my purchase within the 30 day return period. I have proof of purchase in the form of bank visa statement showing the payment. There is no way to communicate with magicjack to contest this gross error! The customer service link is virtually hidden. Once in the Customer service site and your request is made, there is no way to contest magicjack's position! This must be a scam if there is no way to air complaints.
 11th of Oct, 2008 by   Former ICG 0 Votes
you guys should file the lawsuit ..f***king I can't get the phone number to call them too.
I'm in Canada. So it different for me to handle the situation
 24th of Oct, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes

They don't tell you that they are going to redistribute your personal information to other customers in their database like they did mine.

They dont tell you that you can not make any phone calls that require you to input #s such as if you call your bank and have to input your ss# good luck because every number you press is multiplied by 2 try inputing your account # ssi# or anything that is requiring verification data of you, sorry you can't so if the company your calling does not have a customer service rep wgile peek hours your out of luck.

They don't tell you that you can not be on your computer doing work because every time someone in your house picks up the phone or a call comes in a box pops up which you have to minimize, and yes you have to minimize it for every call going out or coming in, trust me its a pain especially when your spouse work is done primarily on the pc, try wrting a word, power point, excel, while every 10 seconds you have a box popping up on your working screen, now you can take care of this problem by simply unplugging your phone, thus eliminating anyone in the home using the phone, or receiving calls, but hey at least you get your work done without any annoying boxes interrupting you.

I don't know about you folks but I wish someone would of told me all this before I spent my time and money buying this product cause now the end result is that I have no product as i sent them back and I have no money cause they have yet to date to issue a refund, and I cant speak with no one cause oh yeah there's no phone # to call the company, corporate or eitherwise. In closing i hope i was able to save someone the ordeal and head aches I have gone through with this company, I just hope I get my money back, I'll keep trying its now been 18 days and counting since I spoke, sorry chatted with a customer service rep. If you do purchase this product I wish you all the luck, but I'm sure I will be reading more posts about this great $20 a year phone service, I guess its true what my dad always told me if something sounds to good to be true 9 out of 10 times it usually is.-Iaz Family, Las Vegas Nv Good luck!
 3rd of Nov, 2008 by   Tauna Barbieri 0 Votes
I think that MagicJack is completely misleading and I called them on it. In the FAQ they state that as long as you share the same area code as your family and friends, they will not be charged a long distance fee, but that is not true. You also have to share the same prefix (which makes sense, but they did not disclose this info). The only prefixes they have in my state are in the southern part and would be long distance for anyone to call me...including my kids schools, my work, etc. We returned the product the next day and it has now been 2 weeks and I have not seen the release of funds from my account. I did not authorize this hold, it doesn't make any sense if it is a free month trial period and for you do not have access to your money. I have chatted online with the agents several times and they keep telling me different stories. The first agent I talked to said they could release my funds immediately following the return of the product...that same day. When that didn't happen, I asked again. That second time they stated that it was policy that it takes 2 days to release the hold, and I asked her to show me the policy, but she could not. The third and a few times after, they told me that it takes 3 business days but it's been beyond that and I have yet to see my money. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and they said that I will have access to my funds within 3 days also, which is today. The money is still not there in my account and I guess I will report back to the BBB. Beware of this scam...they are not all that they are cracked up to be and they will do anything to hold on to your money!
 6th of Nov, 2008 by   bill apostol 0 Votes
i have had exactly zero unresolvable problems with magic jack. i purchased 3 magicjacks and had a problem with one computer. i used their online live chat support and they resolved the problem. the total time to get it up and running including the support was less than 15 minutes.

my kids have their own phone lines and i have a spare. i have had no problems since may... 7 months.

bill
 12th of Nov, 2008 by   t.tull 0 Votes

stopped working - Magic Jack

cant get phone device to work and cannot find a method to contact live person by telephone.
 13th of Nov, 2008 by   V. Lethco +3 Votes
I ordered the magoc jack on november 2nd 2008. I paid extra money to have it delivered in 3 days> I have not yet to see it and it has been 11 days. I just went on the live chat on there web site and now they say they dont have my order. I didnt not re-order I will have to speak with my husband first about this. But my mother in law does work for and attorney firm and If they dare try to bill me there will be trouble!! How can a company have a website and comercails on tv if they are just going to scam people. That is not patrioic. Unless they are from another country and this is one of them scams that go around. I dont know we will have to see.
 14th of Nov, 2008 by   Janeth 0 Votes
I used the magicj ack all the times, is great
 16th of Nov, 2008 by   shane 0 Votes
i went immediately and checked this out and the truth is i got a live assistant, his name was bruce and he was indeed a human being and not some internet bot. so everyone who says magic jack has no live/human support is untrue, and most likely are to stupid to even place a call corectly.
to stupid to take 5 minutes and read the damn instructions. i had no trouble at all and i never even seen a magic jack or its instructions. so to many retards blaming and condeming companies and it is their own stupidity causeing their problems.
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   Scotty McB +1 Votes
Magic jack is a great product, I will save over $2000.00 in 5 years by dumping my monoply phone company. You do need a fast internet service. This is one of the best investments I have ever made. Please ignore the previous comments, they apparently don't know how to use simple eletronics!
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   charmaine 0 Votes
The phone number for magic jack billing is 281-404-1551
 26th of Nov, 2008 by   kathy +2 Votes
the 1st comment is true..you know what S Brown(comment 2)..i think your from the company that's why your depending the magic jack...stupid...
 27th of Nov, 2008 by   pete 0 Votes
I think the magic jack is great I am getting rid of my phone. I have been eseing it for three weeks without a hitch it took five minutes to install and works great I wonder if you guys are just idiots?

Mechanic Scams