logo

Lowe's
700 North Galleria Drive
Middletown, New York
Phone: 845-692-8044
I contracted with Lowe's to have a roof installed in 2005. They in turn contracted the work to a roof installer (failing to adequately check his credentials). The roof installer hired by Lowe's in turn hired another contractor to install my roof ("Subcontractor"). The Subcontractor slapped new shingles (in an uneven fashion) over my old roof shingles and failed to replace any of the original flashing. As a result of the shoddy workmanship performed, my roof developed leaks that had never been there before. As a result of all this, I've incurred extensive interior and exterior damages and living in my house has been challenging. At no point did Lowe's check the quality of the work being performed (or the persons actually performing the work) during my roof installation. To date (12/08) Lowe's hasn't made any serious attempts at making us whole and has failed to stand by the work performed by the installers they contracted to perform the work.
Comments United States Roofing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Feb, 2009 by   timedrop 0 Votes
I had a nightmare installation of flooring by Lowe's contractors/subcontractors...the only thing that worked for me was searching the internet for tons of complaints regarding Lowes and their contractors shoddy jobs. I compiled a list of everyone I could find and threatened Lowes with a class-action lawsuit. My money was refunded the next day. BUT...I had to sign an avidavit that I would not pursue any legal action against Lowes by cashing their check
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   twill 0 Votes
Sorry to hear. It is the way the big boxes operate. Charge you top dollar and then squeeze their "subs". I say "subs" cause I doubt their legit anyway.
This is my friend in Middletown. Maybe he can fix the problems that they left you with.

Company Serrano II, Inc. Address 1 80 Wisner Ave, Rear Bldg.
Phone 845-692-2226
Email: info@serrano2roofing.com Website: www.serrano2roofing.com
 11th of Aug, 2010 by   d steverson 0 Votes
I paid Lowes to install a thirty year 130 mph art. shingle on my home July 2010. The job was contracted out. A Van of Mexican day workers showed out at 7am on August 10th to do the installation. They finished around 4pm. The sub contractor showed up around 9 am introduced himself then left he returned an hour later with a piece of drip edge and asked one of the day worker to install it. I was asked to sign a piece of paper stating that it looked ok it said nothing about being installed correctly. The sub contracted left again to pickup more drip edge strips. It tooks another couple of hours. He return with ton of strips. He then returned to his pickup truck and and slept the afteroon away with the air conditioner and motor running. He left about 3pm. He said the guys will be here cleaning up for a while. The front roof looks ok. The back roof looks shoddy. The overall job looks shoddy. I have asked someone at Lowes to come out and take a look. i don't know if they will.
 9th of Oct, 2010 by   dontdo 0 Votes
I also am complaining about their carpet, etc... WRONG color, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL. My dog got injured, my furniture got damaged. I will not pay them and I do not want carpet from them. 1 month later they are still harrassing me and now I want reimbursement for my damages.

Can a Bus Beat a Plane?