logo
search

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (30 mins ago)
Kuwait Airways
Rude behaviour and cruelity by the Captain and Chief cabin crew
2. (1 hr 22 mins ago)

Livecareer.com Complaints & Reviews - Not sure how they keep good rating

Livecareer Contacts & Informations

Livecareer.com

Posted: 2012-01-18 by    Jiigay

Not sure how they keep good rating

Livecareer.com
livecareer.com
I thought I was purchasing the $4.95 7 day trial version of the resume template... I experienced some formatting issues but wasn't too concerned for $4.95. I also converted the template to word for ease of modification.But I was charged 34.95 in June and then 34.95 again in July, both charges included an additional $1.04 foreign transaction fee...The deception is a significant concern, since the website comes up first on the list when googled...they also have an A rating with the BBB--not sure how they keep that rating. I will discuss with my Visa rep how to block future transactions, and may have to converse with the fraud department in order negate the additional payments. From other comments on your website, it apprears that several people have experienced the identical scenario. The BBB website indicates they have received 12 complaints in the last 6 months. Most of which are Billing related.I will contact them as well.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2012 by   Katrina_LiveCareer 0 Votes
Dear Jiigay,

I work at LiveCareer. Our apologies for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Our renewal policy is listed clearly in normal size font with the subscription option, on the payment confirmation page and in the purchase confirmation email. If you do not cancel we will assume that you are still using our service. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search.

To cancel your subscription simply contact us by phone, email, or chat. We also have a self-cancellation method available in your account settings. Inquiries can be emailed to customerservice@livecareer.com and the toll free phone number for customer service is 1-888-816-0576. Please contact us if we can be of any service. We are available 7 days a week from 6am-midnight EST.

Best regards,

LiveCareer
 28th of Nov, 2014 by   Ivette hernandez -1 Votes
I too was scammed even after I cancelled within the seven days subscription trial period I had to have my bank take an overdraft charged to my account and they are also being contacted to resolve the issue
 19th of Jan, 2015 by   logic9655 0 Votes
yes they scammed me too after I sent email to cancel so the money could get credited back. They since have been charging me for four months of 35.80$ which isnt even any of their fees and I cant access any resume or any type of formatting. the site wants me to add my financial information in to access the site but they have been charging me for 4 months and 143.20$. Im complaining to state attorney general, federal trade commission and Better business bureau. I didnt realize this was happening because I thought it was taken care of. i wasnt getting any financial statements and audio transactions were not understandable. stupid
 4th of Feb, 2015 by   jrussell14 0 Votes
I thought I was signing up for a monthly subscription of 7.95, instead they charged me $95! I asked to cancel, sent the email, it's still active. When I responded in an email, asking for a refund they quit talking to me. All this happened within 48 hours! I realized the moment after I hit enter and the receipt popped up that I had made a mistake, now I don't know if I will get my money back, and I need it because I am unemployed.
 24th of Mar, 2015 by   AHSmith 0 Votes
Fraudulent company! Watch your online banking daily and I recommend not purchasing anything on line. My husband was checking our account this morning and noticed a $0.32 charge which came through our account on 3-16-15 which we did not authorize. When I called our bank, they alerted me to another charge of $39.80 on the same day. We are working with the bank but when I call the 800-652-8430 listed for Livecareer, you never get a human being on the phone. There are only 3 options and none that you can get a human being to speak to you. You messed with the wrong lady buddy! I will never recommend this company to anyone and furthermore, I will warn everyone to not buy anything online and to watch your banking accounts like a hawk!!
 25th of Mar, 2015 by   Katrina_LiveCareer 0 Votes
Hi AHSmith,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Our phone and chat lines are up and running. We take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people.

Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account so I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

Best regards,