logo

Livecareer.com Complaints & Reviews - Not sure how they keep good rating

Livecareer.com Contacts & Informations

Livecareer.com

Posted: 2012-01-18 by    Jiigay

Not sure how they keep good rating

Livecareer.com
livecareer.com
I thought I was purchasing the $4.95 7 day trial version of the resume template... I experienced some formatting issues but wasn't too concerned for $4.95. I also converted the template to word for ease of modification.But I was charged 34.95 in June and then 34.95 again in July, both charges included an additional $1.04 foreign transaction fee...The deception is a significant concern, since the website comes up first on the list when googled...they also have an A rating with the BBB--not sure how they keep that rating. I will discuss with my Visa rep how to block future transactions, and may have to converse with the fraud department in order negate the additional payments. From other comments on your website, it apprears that several people have experienced the identical scenario. The BBB website indicates they have received 12 complaints in the last 6 months. Most of which are Billing related.I will contact them as well.
Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2012 by   Katrina_LiveCareer 0 Votes
Dear Jiigay,

I work at LiveCareer. Our apologies for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Our renewal policy is listed clearly in normal size font with the subscription option, on the payment confirmation page and in the purchase confirmation email. If you do not cancel we will assume that you are still using our service. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search.

To cancel your subscription simply contact us by phone, email, or chat. We also have a self-cancellation method available in your account settings. Inquiries can be emailed to customerservice@livecareer.com and the toll free phone number for customer service is 1-888-816-0576. Please contact us if we can be of any service. We are available 7 days a week from 6am-midnight EST.

Best regards,