logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
2. (1 mins ago)
Carlo Mitchell
I donated money, but they started to take more money from me
3. (6 mins ago)
Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
4. (15 mins ago)
LightInTheBox
Do not use this company!
5. (35 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-03-23 by    Smitcr

Rip off

Lending Club
Oregon
I too was taken in by Lending Clubs duplicitous tactics. Applied - recieved pre approval, then by a representitive requesting additional information, then three emails instructing me to respond by email. Then they debited my checking account, sent yet another email turning me down based on my credit score. Funny I received financing through my credit union in half the time it took just to respond to all their rediculous emails. However, this is a rather inventive way of duping the public at large. Think of the number of applications they receive, they charge you, then turn you down. Regretably I fell or their ploy and handed over my checking account information.. Needless to say my account is now closed.

Lesson learned - never do business with Lending Club and Ebay because of their association.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2014 by   Nancy, CT, USA 0 Votes
I totally agree. I got the offer in the mail and apr started at 6.78% of course depending on your credit score. I was going to use it to consolidate my credit cards to one payment. They came back with an offer of 29.75%. That is totally ridiculous ! My interest rates are currently 1/3 of that. Why would I accept this kind of offer?? It is totally a hoax. Just another way to scam hard working people!!
 7th of Jun, 2014 by   MrData98 0 Votes
All you people whining and complaining, and falsely claiming that Lending Club is a scam need to just shut up. You didn't get your loan because you didn't qualify. Period. Doesn't mean that someone else won't take a chance on you. Doesn't mean you're a bad person. It just means you don't meet the stringent requirements of Lending Club. I applied for $30K for debt consolidation. Got through the process in two days. My money showed up in my checking account without any emails, conversations, etc. I just provided the information they asked for, they checked my credit, verified my account, and that was it. The never even asked for proof of what accounts I was going to consolidate; they just took me at my word that I would use the money as I said I would.

So please stop it with the talk of a "scam". Not every avenue is right for everyone. Doesn't mean it's a scam, just that it's not right for you.

Fraud Worrying Bankers