logo

Adore Organic Innovations
Shameful sales tactics
2. (21 mins ago)
FreightCenter
Misrepresents serevices offered by carrier
3. (28 mins ago)
Lowes GE Money Bank Credit Card
Lowes Credit Card
4. (42 mins ago)
Camperworld Utah
Fraud
5. (52 mins ago)
asstars.com
Seller suddenly stopped to reply

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Lazy Boy Complaints & Reviews - Recliners

Lazy Boy Contacts & Informations

Posted: 2012-06-22 by    Sandy Dallas

Recliners

Lazy Boy
This is regarding 2 Lazy-Boy recliners. Back in January I bought 2 matching recliners. These happened to be number 5&6 chairs. Four years ago I hurt my back really bad and could only sleep in my Lazy-Boy. We couldn't go on any trips without taking a chair. That's how we decided to buy two more and keep one on our older ones to take with us. Through the years I have told everyone if you want the best sitting chair get a Lazy-Boy. This was true until I bought these.

Here's my story. I had bought these chairs in January of this year, the furniture store had to order them as they did not have the color I wanted. I waited for 7 weeks and they delivered them. As they sat the first one down in the garage to get the second one I noticed the material was loose. I told the delivery guys this and they said the lady before me they had just delivered hers, she made the same comment. After sitting in the chair for just an hour or so when I got up the fabric was wrinkled, not just a little but really bad. Since it was after closing hours for the furniture store I waited til the next day. They called Lazy-Boy and wanted the man that fixes problems to come out and see what he needs to do. When he saw this he said I used to be able to fix this but they make these different now. So they ordered another seat for both chairs. Well they both did the same thing again. I had explained to both Lazy-Boy & the man at the furniture store, they are not sewing the fabric tight enough, It's loose. Lazy-Boy sent the same seats out again, this is the second time. These wrinkled worse than the others. They did not fix the problem they just kept sending the same problem. This told me they were not listening. All while this was going on I had a very nice representative helping me. She and the man at the furniture store both agreed I should get 2 more chairs made out of different fabric.

As of two hours ago the Lazy- Boy specialist said I will have to smooth out the chairs everytime I get out of them for as long as I have them. So they know it's a problem and won't fix it or do anything to to resolve this.

I have been so upset for the last 6 months, I trusted this company and was a loyal customer and loved the chair and fabric. I have been a loyal customer for the past 30 years. They now don't care about fixing it, and I have spent a $1000.00 from a manufacture who is not going to do the right thing. All I want is not to have something that looks terrible every time I get out of the chair. They knew this was happening and didn't even tell the furniture stores so they could tell their customers. This is a true story written from a dis hearted lady.

Comments United States Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Mar, 2009 by   Pam 0 Votes
Last fall I purchased on oversize Lazy Boy leather recliner. It seemed great in the store but when I got it home and place it on hardwood floors we found that it made so much noise that each time I would recline in it, the dog would run from it. We have called and been to the store and ask if we could exchange it and they just said to bad they would do nothing about it. $1600.00 down the drain. I will never buy anything else from Lazy Boy.
 19th of Nov, 2011 by   Katherine Sterling 0 Votes
Laz-y-boy, has been a real disappointment. We purchased a high end recliner from the company. It is so noisy, sounds like it will break any minute. Complained to the store we bought it from. Said that they would get back to me, never did. I went into the store again and they said the manager would call me. That did not happen, so I emailed Laz-y-boy twice and never got a reply. It did not even seem like the same chair that we purchased. I certainly cannot recommend the brand or service to anyone else.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   Brenda* 0 Votes
Conser a chair cover.
 22nd of Jun, 2012 by   Brenda* 0 Votes
* Consider. (Got a little light fingered)
 25th of Sep, 2014 by   Jeanette S. 0 Votes
I am undergoing a similar issue. I bought two identical recliners in March, 2014. I have always used lazy boy recliners, and drove 50 miles to a store which carried them. One chair is great. The other, shortly after I got it, began to bunch up at the foot rest, so that it would not go completely down. It appears that the padding separated between the seat and the foot rest. The store came to pick it up one month ago. I demonstrated the issue when the men came to pick it up. Yesterday, I got a call saying they could not find a thing wrong with the chair. They told me that a Lazy Boy representative would be at the store next week to evaluate the chair. I asked them to call me so that I could be there to demonstrate what I see is a problem, when nobody else can see it. If the foot rest on one of my chairs fully retracts, and the other one doesn't, isn't this a problem? And I agree about the noise from Katherine Sterling. Really hard getting out of my chair without waking my husband from "resting his eyes". :-)

ER's Full, Flu Season to Get Worse