logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
REDUCTIONGURUMD.COM
Bogus charges and fake subscription
2. (16 mins ago)
De Vere Financial Planners
Warning
3. (32 mins ago)
Certegy / Walmart
declined to cash paroll check
4. (34 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
5. (52 mins ago)

Kohl's Complaints & Reviews - Ripoff and horrendous customer service

Kohl's Contacts & Informations

Kohl's

Posted:    Ahmed

Ripoff and horrendous customer service

Kohl's
I was paying for merchandise with debit card at jewelry/makeup counter. I do not use this card as a credit, ever. I slid the card into machine and before I even saw the options for debit/credit, the clerk handed me a receipt. I asked her how that happened as I didn't even press a button. Any button. It never even went to a credit/debit screen! She told me it's considered a debit if the card has "debit" on it and not to worry, if I had I return, I'd get cash back. I later purchased more items and the front register did the same exact thing so I figured they were telling the truth and this is the way they do the debit transactions now. Um...NO. I could not get cash back two days later when I returned an item. I asked for a manager (no name tag) and she told me the money would be immediately returned to the card.She said "I use my debit in here all the time, and the money goes right back on the card when I return anything." I believed her because Macy's does this. The only difference is they REALLY do it, Kohl's does not. After 3 days of not seeing my money, I called customer service who without asking even my name, told me to call the bank. I had already told the customer service clerk I called my bank twice. She said, well, I have to keep calling them. I got very firm with her and asked her why she never even asked for my name or any info to look into the matter of my money.I asked for a supervisor and got put on hold for a long time. This happened FOUR times, each time I was told that Susan, the supervisor said to FAX the receipt to them. In other words, no one was going to help me and that was that. The clerk, Jen, simply talked over me until I said our conversation was through, I was filing complaints with her name on them if she didn't get a supervisor in the next few seconds. Another person got on named, Gail, and she was not only nasty, she didn't want to hear my questions and as I was explaining what I needed, she continued repeating over and over louder than I was speaking, "But, how can I help you..but how can I help you..." I told her she could help my by answering my questions.She refused to give me anyone's employee number or last name so I could identify them in the complaints I now had to file. She stated each one of them were the only ones "there" with those first names. I had asked both customer service"people" for the name of their ceo and administrative address, neither one of them knew! Gail, the exremely nasty one told me to go online and look for it! She told me she couldn't help me, there was NOTHING she could do. I said there's always something that can be done if one wants to truly help and do a good job. She then offered me coupons but not my refund!!! I now have to file complaints with BBB and C.A. for this refund. I'm disgusted and want everyone to know what a lousy place Kohl's is.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Mar, 2010 by   Fedupwith kohls 0 Votes
I bought a coat for my granddaughter that was on a special sale for that day. It rang up eight dollars over what it should have been. I told the cashier and she called back to someone with the phone. Then she said "This is the price". I bought the coat because of my granddaughter. I went back and looked at the sign but it did not matter. The sign said something different than what I had paid but no one cared. I lost eight dollars because of it. I did not want to disappoint my granddaughter.

Also on other occasions I noticed that they go around an hour before the sale ends on the power hour sales to remove the sale signs. They are gone an hour before the sale ends.
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   dirtycuban1211 +3 Votes
Here we go...

1. Guarentee that you made a credit purchase. I guarentee it. Check your reciept, and near the bottom, if it says anything along the lines of Visa Credit, MC Credit, AMEX Credit, or DSCVR Credit, then it was a credit transaction. If you didn't press a credit option, that means that it automatically went to a credit option. Which means you signed for it as a credit, which means you legally aggreed to the terms that they put in front of you.

2. There's only so much that can be done over the phone. If you continually call and harass (yeah, i said it, harass) the employees, how helpful do you really expect them to be? If you have a problem, go to the store and speak to someone face to face to resolve it. This is the best way to get it fixed.

3. The money should get back to you almost immediately. If it doesn't, then that is the banks fault. Talk to them, find out if they hold returns through the card before giving you the money. We don't have a button that says "Immediately give back customer's money". We simply do the steps to return it to the account, the bank being the one that gets the wired cash return.

4. We're not Gods. I'm not God. Anyone working in any dept. store is not God. There are limits to what we can do. When someone says "There's Nothing I Can Do, " it really means "There's Nothing I Can Do". Not nothing the store or company can do. I can't do things that my manager can. My manager can't do things that the district manager can. Chain of comand, learn it well.

5. To the person that bought the coat for their granddaughter - if the sign says one thing, and you paid another, then you can get a price adjustment. You have to have the right sign, of course. But if you think you do, then walk with an associate to the sign, show them the item, and watch as they either say "I'll fix this" or "No, that's the wrong sign". Also, yes, we have to change the signs before the sale ends. Because if we didn't, then we would have incorrect signs up, which would be a greater hassle.

6. One last thing. If you are really that upset over 8 dollars, i'll give it to you. Out of my pocket. In cash. Just so you will shut up. It's 8 dollars. That is an hour at minimum wage. That is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of life.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Kohl's Employee (FNKE) :)
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   kristina06 -1 Votes
Kohl's really does have horrible customer service. Sure if you manipulate the power hour savings with the coupon and Kohl's cash you might save a little bit of money but the markup on merchandise is already so high that when you take 60% off it really just brings it down to Wal-Mart prices. To the person that said handle it at store level, I try to do that but nothing ever happens thats why I call corporate. I would love to resolve an issue at a low level. The reason we harras is because you hide behind the phone, even hang up sometimes. There are nice managers but there are also managers who have issues personally and it spills out into their customer service. Kohl's does not follow their own policies. They change the rules as they go along. You work for Kohl's and want to help me resolve an issue? Please do. I need a good employee to midigate because I have a current issue with Kohls. You want to prove Kohl's cares? email me at andries06@aol.com and help me then. I'll write all about it if you can help.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   dirtycuban1211 0 Votes
I have nother post, entitled "Tell Me What's Wrong...". Post the issue there, and i'll tak a look at it. Or post it here, so that if you have a problem similar to someone else's, it will save them the hassle of complaining.
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   FalseAdvertisement 0 Votes
FALSE ADVERTISEMENT: BUYER BEWARE!

I bought a Hamilton Beach electric can opener from Kohl's for a friend where the top piece comes off and you can wash it and it was a

heavy stainless steel piece, I went back to Kohl's to buy another one and I was a little skeptical when I was looking at the floor

model and the partial boxed one (partial, meaning the way it was packaged part of the product is exposed so you can actualy

see the contents) so when I got it home I found that the stainless steel piece was made of cheap silver plastic i went to return it

and only recieved 19.61 back because some kind of ridiculous fees they applied. I just tossed my new credit card I got from

KOHL's. Now I don't trust Kohl's or Hamilton Beach Products. They definitly over price things and try to make you look like

you got a mark down. And on top of that Target was selling the same thing for 20.00.
 7th of Jul, 2010 by   FalseAdvertisement 0 Votes
The Kohl's one was 24.99.
 25th of Jul, 2010 by   Aidan +2 Votes
FalseAdvertisement:

They did not charge you any fees. What happened was this. You said you got a new credit card from Kohl's. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you applied for that card at the time of purchase, or activated your new card at the time of purchase, and received a 15% off discount on your transaction. When you returned the item, the receipt showed that you'd received a 15% off discount, and that 15% was applied to the item. So when they gave you your money back, they gave you back what you paid for the item after the discount and tax. You've lost out on nothing. Yeah, the product was crappy, and I'm sorry you didn't like what you bought, but please, don't give up on us so quickly. We'd love nothing more than to have you shopping with us.

Did the associate who processed your return treat you rudely? Did people coerce you into buying the item? Every store has an item or two that just aren't as good as they should be. But that in no way means that everything we sell is crappy...why not come back in and look around. Don't make a judgment out of anger...you could miss out on a lot.

And martinis: Quit being such a douche. I'm sorry you're not making enough money to make you happy...that doesn't mean you should be getting on a public forum and badmouthing your job. You better hope I never find out your name, because I will report you to Kohl's so fucking fast your head will be spinning.
 2nd of Aug, 2010 by   Aidan +1 Votes
There's a HUGE difference between saying you don't like your job and running around the internet telling Kohl's customers off on behalf of the company. You're acting as a representative of the company, when you claim where you work. And you're giving out a bad image. The company could press charges for something like that. It's damaging to their image, and could potentially cost them a lot of money.

And no, actually. Everyone I work with likes me. Cause no one I work with has given me cause to report them.
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   spazzomatic 0 Votes
EW EW EWEW, Everyone needs to relax and listen to me...
I work at Kohl's. Our whole policy is to make sure you leave and COME BACK AGAIN. I dunno what store you work for, and I'm beginning to see, from reading these postings, that each store is run completely differently. My store, for example, has managers who tell us not to bother them for adjusting prices, because our motto is "Yes We Can, " this empowers associates to adjust prices disputed by you, the customer. We will adjust a price for you, even offer you a final discount for your inconvenience, but understand that you get more flies with honey than with vinegar. If you're a BITCH and yell in my face with your breath hot with hostility and lack of flossing, then we won't help you and will take joy in giving you the run around. I mean, this happens, o- maybe 5% of the time, do we get people who harass us over the phone and demand our government issued names because their blender was too expensive. Talk, just TALK TO ANYONE WHO WILL LISTEN. This means, do not shout and get MAD because life is too short to give yourself a heart attack over the juicer you're buying to lower your blood pressure. Just use your words, please, we're all humans with emotions and families to support. Have compassion, people aRE willing to help you...
Oh, and we HAVE to take down the 'power hour' signs around 1pm, or the tardy people will want a discount you woke up EXTRA ;) early for!!! I will say that weekend sales should NOT have time periods, I find customers hate to be restricted by dates and hour-related sales... THATS the thing people should be getting mad about. Not that communication skills have dipped since people learned you can scream loudest online, where no one can see you ; D

New Gadgets to Monitor Home Power