logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (19 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
3. (22 mins ago)

Posted:    wayne chase

paint chipping on hood

a&b kia
Benwood, West Virginia
Back in may i noticed my kia soul had paint chipping all over the hood, so i took it to the dealer they said they would have to have a kia rep look at it.In mid june that rep came to the dealer to take a look, he said it looked like i drove behind a salt truck, now i have about 200 little paint chips about the same size, this is not the result of driving behind a salt truck, faulty paint job.Almost two months later the rep told the dealer to tell me to let my insurence company fix it.They are trying to get out of paying for the paint job, why did it take so long to tell me to scam my insurence company, i will not do this, my insurence company will be notified of kias plan.This is how kia operates, this will not stop here, all i want is for kia to make it right.
Comments United States Car Dealers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2010 by   BurgerMeisterMeisterBurger 0 Votes
Knew someone had the same thing with a car many years ago. The hood and lower doors fade right out. What year is it? Probably less than 3 yrs? If it's newer it's a crappy paint job. How many cars go years without being washed until they fade, and then you get a few that end up looking like yours after 2 years. "Oh, it's salt, it's stone chips, you must have been behind..." Yeah, I followed a salt truck for 20, 000 miles. Here's your sign. Why isn't the windshield cracked? I can't tell you how to fight it, but maybe take it to someone who knows body work/paint and get an expert opinion (free estimate, ask for the cause, may be worth it to even pay?) before your insurance covers it. Hi Brenda.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   Soul~Stryss 0 Votes
I have a Kia Soul. I strongly feel the paint job could've been done better. I, like you, also have chips yet I don't like anywhere close to salt, etc. My car is washed and detailed gently once every other week at least.
I went to the dealer and they gave me a paint pen to attempt to cover the knicks up. It just made it worse. One chip is sooooo deep that I can see the steel of the hood. I've seen a small few on the KIASOUL.com forum, and
KIA-SOUL.com make similar complaints. Nothing yet on the SoulHamsters.com forum .
You need to get on these forums and post a complaints so others who have this prob will also post. I know for fact that corporate KIA watches these forums to get idea's and to see what they're doing wrong. Last year a complaint was made by many people on the forum in reference to panel being scratched where the seatbelt is. KIA contacted those people, claimed it was a "re-call" and had the panels replaced.
It wouldn't hurt. There are alot of individuals out there with the same problem. Corporate KIA will be prone to listed if more of us complain as a group and not a lot of separate individuals.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by   BurgerMeisterMeisterBurger 0 Votes
These Kias are made where?
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   Betty Lamb 0 Votes
I bought a Kia Spectra 09 in Nov of 2009. When at the dealership in town here, I noticed that there was a funny spot on the hood, but didn`t think much of it. I`m so sorry now. There are all of these spots everywhere on the car. I love the way it drives, but by next year at this time I will have a bucket of rust. The problem seemed to get worse when I took it out on the open road. I also was told that it was the color white, bird poop, tree sap, or from the sun. what a joke on us all who work hard and think that we are buying something decent. Kia should be run out of the country.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   Jeanette C 0 Votes
Molten red is the worst one for chipping. Have not seen one yet that wasnt a chipped up mess. Mine looks like it is 20 years old and driven on gravel roads at high speed the entire 20. I live nowhere near dirt or gravel and have always taken car of any car I had. I trade every 2 years but this red kia soul is now ready for the scrap yard after a few short months. I am taking offers on it right now.
 12th of Sep, 2010 by   Megill 0 Votes
I own a 2010 kia soul + and my car is covered in small paint chips. And the least little bump causes paint damage. I love my Soul for comfort ride and gas milage however the paint issue is a true turn off. I have never had a car where the paint damage and chip so easliy. If only Kia would do someting to fix this problem I would whole heartly recommend this car to everyone. My fear is that my nice new car will look like a pile of junk wihin a year some of the chip spots appear to have the look of surface rust starting. I agree Kia needs to re paint these cars free of charge.
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   strangecraft 0 Votes
I have the same problem with my 2010 Kia Soul. I love it, but the chipping paint and soft plastic inside the car is a real let down.
 15th of Apr, 2011 by   Tally2011 0 Votes
I have a molten Kia soul 2011. 3 months after I bought it we noticed lots of piant chips! Right now I am trying to get the Dealer in Janesville, WI to fix it. They have had for 1 week already and have not decided what to do about it. I also have been having problems with the windshield chipping. I have read multiple other complaints about the same problems and I will sue under the Lemon Law if they do not fix it. I plan on taking other people's complaints to court with me as evidence. So please post if you have had the same problems. Thanks.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   bigman6foot9 0 Votes
I live in South Korea, where the car is made in Gwangju. I also have the same problem on my Soul where the paint is chipped all over the car, they also told me it was from the salt truck which is too funny they do not put anything on the roads in winter and I do not drive in the snow due to such bad drivers here in Korea. Kia is a sub par company and are only interested in making the dollar just like American companies. They refuse to fix anything and they also will never admit when they did something wrong. So I feel the only way you will get a repair from Kia is to file suit.
 2nd of May, 2011 by   stratg6 0 Votes
Interesting i have a kia sorento 2011 and the hood rightside by the passenger side wiper is chipped away and now it is rusting they the dealer says it must be some kind of stone chip but no damage any where else
 14th of May, 2011 by   Trwhitt33 0 Votes
I just purchased a 2011 Kia Soul (molten red) 3 weeks ago and after 4 days, I took it back to the dealer. I thought it was damage they had done when putting on the sealant so I raised a fuss about the knicks and paint chips and eventually they repainted my front bumper and touched up the hood. Not even 2 days later I see more paint chips and another knick on the bumper! I am pissed that I will have to pay on this car for the next 6 years and already I'm super worried about rust and the car is not even a month old. What do I do??
 14th of May, 2011 by   *Brenda* (user blocked) 0 Votes
Cheap car, cheap paint. Complain to KIA corporate.
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   chas5427 0 Votes
just bought a 2011 kia soul. have had it about 2 months and already am noticing a lot of small chips to the paint job on the hood and lower body. have added a hood deflector and splash guards hoping that will reduce the damage. but, it is obvious that the paint is highly susceptible to chipping. this car already has more chips in it than the 2003 focus that i traded in.
 23rd of Oct, 2011 by   sicktomystomach24 0 Votes
I purchased a brand new Kia Rondo in march of 2010. My wife noticed in september 2011 all over the car white spots, at first thinking it to be dirt but upon further inspection paint chips. Counted and stopped at over 450 chips. On the hood, on both fenders on all 4 doors, on the panels below the doors, on the pillars on each side of the windshield, on the roof, on both pillars on each side of the windshield, on the panel behind the back doors at the edge the paint is completely chipped away for about a 4-5 inch strip, in all wheel wells, I have chips in unusual places such as the edge of the hood facing the windshield ( must be magic rocks) chips inside the handle well on the back door, again the odds for stone chips to hit at these locations and cause chips would be like hitting lotto, not once but many times as i've been told by a reputable paint and body shop. Had Kia look at it immediately and they set up appointment for the Kia rep to come look at it on the 15th of september. I was provided with a car loaner by Kia. The appointment was cancelled until the following day. Word was that the warranty would not pick up the repair cost because the kia rep said it was stone chips. I asked about the many chips and the unusual locations and was told i must have used an ice scraper on these locations. I called kia and spoke to a case manager and oponed a case. Kia rep which is the only one that covers my whole area would be again coming for a further look at my vehicle. When I questioned this saying if he evaluated this the first time what makes me think he's going to change his mind. My case manager said after speaking with this rep that he had to cut appointment short due to an energency and didn't have time to look over car thoroughly. Interesting since when I spoke with the service consultand at the dealership he said the rep was there for 4 hours. The next appointment 5 weeks later. I patiently wait and this time on october 19th I take time off from work to be there. I find that the rep had cancelled the appointment, but received no call as late as the 18th. I called kia trying to confirm appointment finally at 3:15 in the afternoon after calling kia they confirmed appointment and advised me to be at dealership at 10:00 am because the rep was coming there solely for me. Arrived 9:40a m and waited over an hour for the rep to arrive.Just as well since the evaluation was the same, STONE CHIPS!!!, but as an act of good faith he said he would paint the hood and... before he could finish I questioned why it wasn't fully covered, and how could I receive the amount of stone chips and in the peculiar locations, and i couldn't possibly be satisfied with what would amount to a discount off of the required full paint job that me car would need. He quickly changed his demeanor and said that I guess than we're done here. Taken aback by this I asked what he intended to offer, and he refused to elaborate all the while being smug about it. many times asking and many times refusing to finish with his offer as if this was some kind of game. A heck of a way to treat a customer who purchased 2 brand new Kia cars within the last 18 months at a cost of over $36, 000. After a line of questioning and not receiving any answers i asked how he could state something as rediculous as i used an ice scraper on the difficult to reach spots. The Kia rep replied I never made that statement, in fact he said this is the first time i'm seeing your car. Really!!! So an evaluation was made the first time to deny the warranty, and you're the only one who has the authority to look at and make this decision. How did that happen??? I asked the service manager he shrugged his shoulders. No answer, no offer we're done here it's time for you to leave. I do not drive over rough terain, I do not drive over construction sites, I was not pelted with salt from a salter while driving too closely, I did not drive behind construction vehicles and was not hit with a barrage of debris. My wife and i have babied these 2 brand new cars. Regular car washes, Adequate spacing behind other vehicles on the road. These are our first new cars and took great pride and care in new car ownership. Car vpaints are supposed to be the most sophisticated paint you can buy. It is made to withstand extreme weather and road conditions. What good is a warranty if it's not worth the paper it's printed on??? I will not stop until someone listens. Consumer affairs, small claims court, WNEP NEWS fight back, etc. Disgraceful to receive this treatment and response.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   bigman6foot9 0 Votes
In Korea if the new reporters get the information and do a story on the company they do a complete 360 and fix the problems looks like you will have to do the same and then file a law suit take lots of pics and have independent inspectors look at the car let them determine it is a sub-par paint job then sue the shit out of them.
 17th of Jun, 2012 by   Persechino 0 Votes
I BOUGHT A KIA SOUL IN DEC. 2012, NEW. IT IS CHIPPING BADLY ESPECIALLY ALONG THE LOWER AREAS AND SOME ON TOP. ALSO SEVERAL GLASS CHIPS ARE NOTICABLE. CAR DEALER SAID NOT THEIR PROBLEM. I HAVE THE MOLTEN COLOR. LOVE THE CAR BUT THE PAINT JOBS ARE CHEAP. COST TO MUCH TO HAVE IT REDONE. GOT MUD FLAPS SO HOPE THAT HELPS SOME. ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE MOLTEN PAINT BESIDES IN THE PEN..LIKE A GALLON? THE COMPANY REALLY SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE IN FIXING THE PROBLEM. FRUSTRATED!
 17th of Jun, 2012 by   bigman6foot9 0 Votes
The only answer is a class action suit, KIA in South Korea were the cars are made know about the bad paint but refuse to do any adjustments or repairs to the bad formula. the only action is to get it tested and then file a laws suit with a class action clause. Koreans hate bad news about company if it get coverage they will change their tune about paint repair.
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   RondoRedRash 0 Votes
I have a 2009 Rondo with the Molten paint color, and this problem is terrible. There are many hundreds of white chips in my hood and sides of the car, with more new ones appearing almost daily. This is a very cheap and brittle paint, and the contrast of the red paint to the white undercoat doesn't help any. My car is highway driven almost exclusively, and they don't use rock-salt around here, they use the salt solution spray. I'm certain Kia won't lift a finger to help unless there's a lawsuit. Their liability is too high...
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   bigman6foot9 0 Votes
KIA is Korean so they only care about their country men a very racist company.
 14th of Oct, 2012 by   badpaint 0 Votes
Same paint problem, with my Red 2010 Kia Soul. Otherwise the car is great.

Is The Oklahoma Tax Commission Shortchanging Some Cities?

Latest Groups