Key Bank

Worst bank

Key Bank
I've had one terrible problem after another with Key. Some background: I started banking with them almost a decade ago when I was in college since they were right around the corner from my school. I was young and stupid. They started off by being just plain rude to me. It was common for me to go to the bank, deposit money, ask for my total balance, and then be told by the teller that I would have to check that at the ATM (for $2). Yes they charged a college student $2 to check her balance. Key hasn't gotten any better as the years hav progressed. Last year, for example, they reissued my debit card AND SENT IT TO AN ADDRESS I HAVE NEVER LIVED AT! They called me to ask me why I had yet to use th card they sent and that is the only way I found out what they did. When I asked why on earth they could make such a reckless mistake, they blamed it on outsourcing and offered no apology. Lately, I've had to deal with their horrible online banking system. It locks up contantly and whenever this happens, it necessitates a call to their customer service call center which is understaffed with long waits on the line for assistance. Earlier this week I could not get in my online account and called them. After some time I was informed that I "unenrolled from online banking" so that why it wasn't working. NOT TRUE. No one else has access to my account and I know I didn't unenroll myself! I reenrolled with a new account username. This morning I went in to check my account and guess what? That isn't working either! Even though this account is tied to so many things, I plan to untangle my assets and finally cancel ally accounts with them TODAY. Yes I am that angry. They are completely incompetant, rude, unhelpful, and their frequent mess ups indicate that they can't be trusted with much of anything, let alone my money. I've been spreading the word about this among my friends and colleagues and I hope this post also serves as a warning. Key is a terrible bank and with so many other options out there, nobody should ever have to bank with them. Don't do it!
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Banks
Was the above complaint useful?

Contact Us