logo

Posted: 2012-01-11 by    PoorerandSorry

scam

Keranique
California
My hair has been naturally thinning with age so I am always looking for a product to help with that. Heard a radio ad for Keranique. Pay $7.95 for shipping and get $80 worth of product to try. Usually these types of deals are VERY particular about cancellation dates so two days after I received my order I cancelled the club it came with as well as autoship at $80 each month. That month I got a bill on my credit card for $80. I called and a very rude man asked if I had my paperwork. (I swear to you there were 8 or pages of gobbledygook that came with this trial. I said no but I had cancelled two days after my shipment. He said it doesn't matter, you still have to pay for the product because you didn't send it back and you didn't read your contract. I asked how I could get a month trial and return it if I didn't want more if I had to send it back. No answer---no help. I spoke to my credit card company and a month later they said I had to pay because Keranique said I didn't return the product in time. STAY AWAY from these scam artists. The product is not free to try---they will make sure there is no way you can cancel and that you will have to pay for the product---$80! ! !
Comments United States Cosmetics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

10th of Nov, 2011 by   Fed up in Virginia 0 Votes
Saw the tv advertisement, about trying a free offer of Karenique. Called and was advised that I had to pay the $7.95 of shipping and handling charges. I agreed, so the call went in to an long drawn out sales pitch, in which I eventually hung up. Two days later I received a service call from them, which said the reason for their call was to confirm my order, then again tried to sell me a bunch of stuff. I said no repeatedly until they gave up. Then today I received my shipment and promptly call them to inform them I did not want any future shipments to be billed to my credit card they have on file, I would rather order the products personally. Then the service rep informed me that the FREE trial offer would actually cost me well over a hundred dollars. I told her the advertisement said free, she said I could use it for free for 30 days then I had to pay for it. Hmmm, sounds like a scam. When they give free samples at the grocery markets they do not stand there and wait for you to hand it back if you don't like it. They are not in the bathroom with you to get any unused portion. These people are crooks. I did not use any of it and taped up the package and took it back to the post office as refused. I so hope there will be a class action suit against these people, I will so jump on board. With our nation in such hard economic times we should ban together not scam people to get ahead.
 13th of Nov, 2011 by   Care4SCAM 0 Votes
It happened to me too. I got charged of $79.95 for item I did not received. Whe I called Keranique, the customer service told me that it's suppose to be $150.00, and that I should have called them back within 30 days if I don't like the product. What?! First of all, where's the logic there? They're trying to sell something and then they want me to call me back to tell them that I don't like the product so I won't be charged. But If I like the product, I will be charged double the price I saw on TV? What kind if a sales strategy is that? NO! It's not a sales strategy at all... it's a SCAM. They're not selling the product, they want our credit card so they can charge us one time, big time! Imagine how many have seen that commercial on TV and got SCAMMED! What a dirty trick! This company should be sued!
 11th of Jan, 2012 by   JuliePooh51265 0 Votes
Try Ovation Hair Therapy. You can buy just what you need and aren't trapped into an auto-ship contract. Because I use a different product every time I shampoo, etc..., I don't go thru them as quickly so don't need monthly deliveries.
 7th of Mar, 2012 by   Texas / New York 0 Votes
I was told by the recording that I would receive the product within 3 days and it has been over 1 1/2 weeks and I still have not received anything. I called to cancel and was informed that once I received the product I could call them and get instructions on how to send it back to them. I asked them was I going to get a free shipping label since they charged my card the 7.95 and It took forever the the product to come. The operator told me that I had to send it back with my own money, so now I just gave $15.90 away for nothing. A total rip off. DO NOT TRY OR BUY if you do not want to loose any money.

Ms. Texas
 4th of Apr, 2012 by   love it =D 0 Votes
keranique is the most wonderful hair treatment I have ever tried in my entire life. I love it, and will NEVER use anything other than it. I used it for about 2 weeks, and my hair had already grown about and inch. It also made my hair look, and feel healthier. I absolutely love this product, and recommend it to everyone, especially black people. It can even be used on children, and contains all natural ingredients. It is also a great price for something so fabulous. PLEASE TRY IT TODAY!!! =D
 4th of May, 2012 by   jewlady 0 Votes
i kind of regret i ordered this product now all the bad comments i, m hearing.& who is this last comment coming from, saying it, s a wonderfull treatment, is it one of the sellers that work for thier company.i just ordered it today checked my account after reading one of these comments.& they took out what they say they would$7.95 so far so good i pray they don, t go in before the trail period is up & take out.& anyway they told me $59.00 instead of $79.00, after i comment on that price.so i, ll take a chance, if they f!! w/ my account wrongly i, ll contact the bbb, the, ll defintly handle thier ass!!!ets es l o l. jewlady
 11th of Jul, 2012 by   brucebutkis 0 Votes
my question to you is how do you think you deserve your money back seeing as you were clearly scamming the company. How do you think after 2 days then canceling the product is trying the product? Shame on you for trying to get something for nothing. Maybe if you had used the product for at least a few weeks and then returned it you would have gotten a refund. It's really a simple concept to play by the rules and you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and don't discredit a company or bad mouth them because you don't get away with it. And no I have no connection to this company simply researching information. Sadly there are so many bad reviews that are given unjustly by consumers who got what they deserve and want to use these forums inappropriately.
 11th of Oct, 2012 by   distantwings 0 Votes
There is nothing free in life except the air you breathe; so never expect something for nothing!
 16th of Jan, 2013 by   Plain spoken west coaster 0 Votes
Keranique is a scam company that gives all legitimate companies a bad name. To Bad that they are not closed down but get to remain open looking for new victims. Either it is a free trial or it isn' t a free trial - companies should not be allowed to mislead consumers - they should serve up just the facts and stand on their merits - not lookmtomdeceive people who have real needs and fears such as hair loss. Shame on these thieves and miscreants.
 20th of Mar, 2013 by   Mitime101 0 Votes
The tactics used by this company are despicable!!! Even after I cancelled I have been getting attempted charges to my card, thankfully I didn't deposit money onto this card, so the transaction failed! Horrible, horrible, horrible!!!
 11th of Apr, 2014 by   madjen 0 Votes
I too believe Keranique is a scam. Same thing happened to me! I should of known better! The product, garbage and over priced.

Convert Your Tax Refund Into a Home Improvement Credit