logo

Business in Trouble???

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Kaiser Permanente Doctor, Santa Rosa, California Complaints & Reviews - Refusal to refill HRT

Kaiser Permanente Doctor Contacts & Informations

Kaiser Permanente Doctor

Posted:    Middletownmom

Refusal to refill HRT

Santa Rosa, California
I waited 4 mos. for an appt. with a female gyn, only to be told that she was not there that day and I would be seeing a male doctor. I have had no luck dealing with menopause symptoms and male dr's. After my female exam, I asked him about refilling my HRT and he point blank looked and me and said"If you take these you will get breast cancer and die". The man is an idiot. Typical male dr response to menopause. He is very uninformed and I have been to a female expert in menopause and have been very well educated in HRT. He never even asked during the exam about any of the symptoms I had told the nurse about. I had even told the nurse it was a waste of time to discuss any women's issuses with a male dr and she agreed. The only thing he offered was a prescription for a psych drug, which left me angry that he obviously thinks menopause is all in our head. I will be returning to my old dr and paying out of pocket so i will not have to suffer as I do at this time without my HRT. I am very unhappy with Kaiser and sorry our employer switched our insurance to them. I have never been subjected to more uninformed, only there for the paycheck dr's in all my life. I did email the dr I was suppose to see and let her know how unhappy I was with the visit and that I know all the studies on HRT and breast cancer. no response yet from any one at Kaiser. What a waste of time and money at that place.
Comments United States Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Mar, 2014 by   Sick of being Sick in CA 0 Votes
I am having the same issue on another topic. My thyroid and my potassium levels. I had to send research information to my doctor. He has not responded. I have a new female doctor that I wrote to before I could see her as the wait at Kaiser for an appointment is usually a month or more. I have not heard from her yet, but to be fair, they are allowed 48 hours and today should be the day I hear from both of them. Should be interesting.
In retrospect, the lack of knowledge and the quick attack (email response in all caps telling me how misinformed I am) has scared the heck out of me. I'm on Medicare and I believe I can only change insurers once a year. But, I will begin researching it immediately.
Kaiser is the worst insurer if you have any chronic conditions. If you are completely healthy, they're fine, just pray you don't get sick.

Staging Your Home for a Sale