logo

Tobiasmayer
No shoes no refund
4. (52 mins ago)
NetOne International Inc.
Sent me a telephone bill, but I am not their customer
5. (1 hr 17 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-05-04 by    dlmmnm

SCAM

Just Energy
Michigan
After having Universal Gas & Electric for four years and then changing their name to Just Energy, I had had enough of my gas bill going up and up - the utility bill was at least $600.00 a month for the three coldest months in a row each winter, I knew I would have to pay the early termination fee, but I felt I would save myself some money in the long run and I was moving as well. Not only did they rip me off every year, within ONE MONTH of my notice of termination, they sent my account to a collection agency!!! In addition to taking extra money from me, they want to ruin my credit!!! I WOULD ADVISE ANYONE WHO IS THINKING OF SIGNING UP WITH THIS COMPANY, NOT TO DO IT!!!
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Nov, 2010 by   bill tait 0 Votes
Just recieved a collection agency notice on behave of just energy, we always paid our bills for everything, there was no previous notice, contacting them they said we owed them $500 period . For what ? we still don't now dates times etc... no info just pay or else !
 21st of Mar, 2011 by   hunt1210 +1 Votes
I have never seen any thing like this in my last 7 years experience, people don't pay their bills and then they complains!!
 27th of Mar, 2012 by   Beybeygurl +1 Votes
Don't Do It! You will be sorry. I just turned away a Just Energy rep. I learned my lessoning back when they were Energy America! They got me gooooddd. Never again. My friend.
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   Petsounds +1 Votes
I just received a phone call from "your gas company" mentioning that we were eligible for discounts we were not using. When I spoke with the representative, something seemed fishy, so I asked him whether he was with DTE, our energy supplier, or whether he was trying to sell us something. We are on the national DO NOT CALL list and are not supposed to receive sales calls. He assured me he was not trying to sell me anything--just informing me about discounts to our DTE gas bill. I let him talk for a few minutes, until it became obvious he was, in fact, trying to sell me something, at which point I asked him the name of the company he actually worked for. He said it was Just Energy, and that was the end of our conversation.

It seems to me that any company that is trying to sell you something and tries to deny that is not a company you'd want to do business with.
 17th of Oct, 2012 by   IwinUlose +1 Votes
I just turned away a Just Energy salesman from my front door. Same pitch about saving money. His rates were the same as my current gas and electric supplier! He didn't do his homework very well!. He seemed annoyed that I didn't want to "save" on my rates.
 20th of Oct, 2012 by   LaurenLove +1 Votes
I was interviewed to work at the Bingham Farms Just Energy branch back in May, 2012. The Office Manager, Jason, conducted things in a seemingly laid back manner. When he called me for the initial interview I made it clear to him over the telephone that I was not interested in sales as my last three jobs were in sales and led me to 5 years unemployment. Also, sales people ARE LIARS wether they're aware of it or not! Once I was made aware that I had been UNINTENIONALLY scamming elderly people at First Choice Home Health I stopped and was terminated for not meeting sales quotas. I decreed that I would NEVER work a sales job again even if life itself depended on it and I haven't.

Jason informed me that the postion WAS NOT SALES. Boy was I relieved and looked forward to my interview. When I got to the interview there were about 15 people all waiting in a conference room which we'd all been ushered to by the innapropriately dressed receptionist. Our names were called one by one to be "interviewed" by "Jay'.

When my turn finally came, Mr. Jason kept the "interview" brief and asked me why I submitted my resume to Just Energy. The only question I was asked by the way. I briefly explained that the deceptive description on Career Builder made the job sound like something new and nonsales that I might be interested in. He went on to inform me with a slight attitude that he would forward MY resume to the company call center where they were hiring for OTHER positions.

I was then directed to use a website to submit ANOTHER online resume. I found this a bit odd and was put off by his seemingly rude attitude toward me but didn't question it as I'd had a long day and was ready to go home and retire. Well, I submitted an app to the "CALL CENTER" site I'd been referred to. And wouldn't you know it, I never heard from them. The following week I called "Jay" who answered his own phone and pretended not to be himself when I announced the call coming from me. I immediately understood that the position I'd shown up for originally WAS for SALES and Mr. Jason being quite disgruntled that I did not want to join his team of snake oil salesmen intentionally sent me on a wild goose chase out of spite! He is very immature and unprofessional! If this is how he conducts himself professionally, please understand that Just Energy will never care how they treat their customers. It's ALL ABOUT MONEY! Sad but true!
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   m jarman +1 Votes
I just had a man at the door that tried to push his way into my house to see my bill with semco demanding that he see the rates i was being charged and very pushy did not exsplain what he was there for or that he was offering me a differant option to semco, i was shaking like a leaf by the time i got rid of him and he told me he was coming back later, next time i will great him with my pits and my gun, thats how upset he made me!
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by   young5nv +2 Votes
i work for just energy and did not receive any pay even when i made sales i was told that they did not go through and some sales where with family and it showed up on they bill
 17th of May, 2013 by   csmc +1 Votes
We had a 'salesman' for Just Energy come to our home in Battle Creek, Mi. last evening to try to get us to switch our gas supplier. I left him standing on our front porch with the glass door shut between us while he tried to BULLY his way into getting us to sign up with this company. Luckily, the mosquitos were thick and hungry for blood and they were swarming him as he pushed his spiel. He kept saying I just didn't understand that Michigan had deregulated the gas suppliers and that I needed to change from what I had. He didn't know that I had lived for the last 10 years in NY where we were deregulated and got to choose so I was very knowledgeable about how this works. They NEVER pushed a company there like this Just Energy is doing. I kept telling him "no" and kept on it saying basically "you're stupid and don't understand anything", I let him get eaten up for about 15 minutes (enjoying watching him swat at the voracious critters) and then told him I would not change and to leave. He had been very insistent about wanting to see our bill, but that would never happen!! I saw another one in the same uniform walking another street in our neighborhood. I feel sorry for the people who will be bullied into letting them in. I would say "Just Shut the Door" to JUST ENERGY.
 26th of Jan, 2014 by   Amber Renee 0 Votes
2 weeks a just energy rep showed up at my door saying he was affiliated with DTE. and he told me I was eligible for a 5% discount because I pay my bills on time. now after reading this I am worried about how much my bill is going to be. isn't there any legal action that can be taken to stop this?

Saving on Thanksgiving Dinner