JTV

Posted:

JTV KEEPS YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO INDEFINITELY!

JTV- JEWELRY TELEVISION
jtv.com
After making a purchase some months ago, I noticed that my financial (credit card) information was automatically saved in my online account. I immediately called customer service and was told to wait and call back after the order was shipped. After receiving the items, I called back and was told by several customer service reps that my account was deactivated and credit card information erased. I logged in with the same login information to discover that not only was the account still active, but my credit card information was still visible under the section "Default Payment Method". I explained to Customer Service that their website does not give the customer the option to erase the credit card information, let alone ask before it automatically stores this sensitive data. While I was told again and again that my account info was erased, I was eventually informed during my last attempts to contact management that my "account may NEVER be erased", along with credit card info and any other sensitive data saved. (I logged in recently to find the account active with financial info remaining.) This is appalling, especially since I do not have any credit accounts with Jewelry Television. This is a blatant infringement upon my privacy rights, as Jewelry Television should prompt the account holder the option of saving the credit card info instead of automatically saving it. There should also be the option of closing the online account, and any other information associated with the account. Jewelry Television refuses to discard of MY private information, and takes no regard in admitting that my information will be in their possession forever, without my permission!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

25th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
File your complaint with the FTC - they have the power to investigate, fine and shut down violators.

8th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
I totally agree. The only option for me is to close my credit card with the bank and reopen a new one, so jtv.will not have the right info. It, s unacceptable what they do.

Contact Us