JB HUNT

Scam and cheating

3.9
JB HUnt
jbhunt.com
I was recently terminated from JB Hunt for being involved in an accident that was not my fault according to the police report. But JB fired me they stated that I was still under the 90 days. Thats the only explanation I received from them. I asked why I was terminated and was hung up on. I have been trying to contact some one in HR but everytime I call I get hung up on.
Complaint comments Comments (15) Complaint country United States Complaint category Job & Career

Comments

7th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes

JB HUnt
jbhunt.com

I was on the closed loop from ohio to laredo texas, durring this time i had 2 different trucks, the first was a recovery truck, the second i had to get from chicago terminal .
this unit was in fyda freightliner 3 times for the same issue of the low voltage.durring christmas break i refused to drive the truck as it is unsafe with electrical short..i got threatened that they would involve police and charge me with theft for the truck and report on my DAC the truck was abanded..how ever the whole time the truck is parked in my driveway and i had 2 days of communication with fleeet managers..EVERYONE knew where the truck was and why i was not driving. j b hunt is not a good company.we need more drivers involved with wrong doing done to them and we can file a CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT
 9th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
The same exact thing happened to me. JB Hunt is full of shit. I never had an accident in my life and they are charging me with a preventable accident for something that was not my fault. I wouldnt advise working for this company. Also, they tell so many lies in orientation about being payed good.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
J.B. Hunt is not any different than any other top driving companies out there. There will always be someone that did not feel they got a good shake. But if you really feel that J. B. Hunt did you wrong than do something about it like call or even better go to a terminal and ask to talk to there director. He can get it straight for you by calling the HR department. I have worked for J.B. Hunt for 5.5 years and I no they can be difficult but who said life was easy. All trucking companies are under the gun when it comes to hiring drivers sometime mistakes happen. before you left did you ask to speak to someone about your case or did you just give up and go home because thats what it sounds like to me. Any way who is in charge of you. Think about it. This is probably not the answer you were looking for. Sorry
 23rd of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

JB Hunt

I purchased a TV on 09/19. J. B. Hunt, a third party carrier for Best Buy, was to deliver it between 1:30 and 3:30 09/23. They finally delivered around 5:30.

After speaking with a "supervisor, " the reason for the delay was a routing issue. I am in the same city so they put me LAST on their schedule.

All the while, they kept telling me it would be between 1:30 and 4:30. There does not appear to be much honesty at J. B. Hunt.

The same "supervisor" said I was "valued." I did not feel valued. they offered a Best buy gift card for my inconvinence. We all know that will happen, when pigs fly!

Make sure you do not use J. B. Hunt for ANYTHING!!
 26th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was fired from jb hunt's appliance division (DCS/Whirlpool) when I entered a gated community and the arm came down...I had to make an immediate left turn and did not see it come down. It broke off...and I did not know this until after the fact, when I was fired for "leaving the scene of an accident". They would write u up for anything, on one hot day I had to do a full install and took off my uniform shirt and was down to a T-shirt. A builder specialist who was sent to help me took pictures of me and emailed them to the stupervisor (sic) and I was written up for that and was told it bordered on insubordination which ment I could have got fired then...this company is the worst I ever worked for in my life and I have had my fair share of lousy jobs. Avoid JB Hunt at ALL costs. Have not seen my dac yet no telling what these clowns bled all over it.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by    +1 Votes
i was recently terminated from jb hunt. i got home on july 31 at 4am. parked my truck. on august 1st i called dispatch and they said i would load until august 2nd late am. i was having a bbq and had a beer. they called and said they needed me to load at 6pm on august 1st. told them i couldn't do it and the reason why. they said that i wasn't on my home time. jb tries to run a driver's life even when he's at home.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

JB Hunt

We recently purchased a washer and dryer set from Best Buy. The employees at Best Buy were great! However, the company Best Buy uses for delivery is terrible! It is J.B. Hunt. When our first washer and dryer set was being delivered, I was given a delivery window of 2-4, but the delivery men did not show up until 7:30 that night, and then they dropped the dryer in our driveway. I had purchased a floor model, and I could not get another one. I went to Best Buy, and picked out a different one, and was told I'd haved to wait for another week to get it delivered. (I had already sold my other dryer, expecting my new one, so now I had to go to the laundry mat!) The sales person at Best Buy worked hard to move up my delivery date, and was able to move it up a few days. When the second dryer was being delivered, again I was given a 2-4 time frame, but once again they did not arrive until around 6:30 that night! One of the delivery men asked to use our restroom. A little later, we noticed that our second new dryer had now been somehow dented! (They were not going to tell us, my husband noticed on his own.) They offered us a $50 gift card or said we could order another one and go through it again. We took the gift card, not wanting to deal with this company anymore, but were not overly happy since the dryer is originally around $799. About 15 minutes after they had left, one of my sons went into the bathroom to discover that the worker who had asked to use it had clogged our toilet and not asked to even use a plunger or mentioned it to us. The toilet was filled with filthy toilet paper and we spent the next 30 minutes cleaning and sanitizing our bathroom. As a result of this experience, we will no lnger shop at Best Buy.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Although I understand your frustration, I have seen a lot of trucks on the road that try to run people over, literally speeding up to hit my truck, I followed one Sun Trucking company one day because he deliberately try to hit me then speed away in the company truck, there are plenty truck driver who drive safely on the road but some have no respect for the law of the road so I can see why the company is hard in this aspect.
 8th of Nov, 2011 by    -1 Votes
J.B. Hunt is a corporate company out for themselves and employ many drivers. its not just the drivers its everyone within the company but as a driver i do agree that they are criminal negligent and always make it look as if the driver was at fault even when it clearly wasnt i have seriously considered giving up driving a truck, 3 yrs with no record and after one year with J.B. hunt not only did i get my very first ticket i had my first accident that i did admit fault to but in the end i was fired for something i was not at fault for but didnt fight termination i was sick of the stress i was constanly put under and couldnt stand the hardships it put on my kids my family suffered right along with me j. b hunt tried to starve me out and gave me no miles and constantly kept me in high accident areas so i was grateful to leave except that they left me in an area that was 50 miles to the nearest bus station at 5pm in the evening with only a $50 comcheck to pay for a cab to go 50 miles to catrch a bus home. they said they would provide me with boxes to put my belongings in and never did, they cut my truck off while i was making a call and removed the battery cables and left me there in 36 degree weather without a way to get anywhere or enough means to do for myself and expected me to abandon my personal belonging to catch a bus home. i dont know what happened that night but since then i havent been able to use my right arm and now not sure if i can get another job, it is criminal they treat animals better than this dont they? in the time i worked for J.B. Hunt i never recieved any of the detention pay i was supposed to recieve, my family was put in hardships my kids went hungry I had to move twice because i couldnt make rent in time and then got left in the cold literaly and had to inspect veryt closely work done to truck in shop because write ups were never done and had to return truck to shop to get it legal before accepting another load and when i tried to report it to safty that the work was not being done to safty calls were never returned and i was ignored . hr is a joke you can never get an answer.
 9th of Dec, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have worked as a driver for jbh as a dcs driver for almost three years now. I can tell you, they are a total rip off. My current rate per mile is .42. I do get that rate, but because of how they scalp the crap out of you I lose about $230.00 per week in miles because they do not pay actual miles. Per year it averages out to approximately $13, 000.00 in unpaid wages. Also, when I was hired I was told no New York City. However, six months into my employment they decided to add NYC stores. I rebuttled this stating the conditions I was hired under, and they threatened to fire me. In the diver manual they have a $30.00 pay that is known as congested area pay that says...ANY Driver who goes to or through the city will be paid this extra pay in addition to mileage. We were not being paid for it and they still continue to send us there on a daily basis. All the time, stress, and safety hazards in a company that will not back you for anything, and will most likely throw you under the bus...and they will not give you a single cent more to run there. When I confonted HR and management about this, I was told the DCS was exempt from this pay even though their manual says...any driver. My safety record with jbh is spotless, and as I stated earlier I am still running for them going on three years. They just re-uped our contract for another three years and never even included a raise for our crew. My account still has all of the original drivers who came on to start this account plus a bunch of new hires. All of us are good drivers and really bust our humps for them. I believe the approximate total profit for jbh nationwide after all expenses last year was close to $40 billion and they say they cannot pay us better. I am looking for an out from the whole transportation industry. I have been a professional driver for 12 years with no accidents or tickets. In closing, jbh is the perfect example of a huge corporate mega machine. They won't even let you enjoy your paid holidays off. Most they try to force you to work. Don't work for them.
 20th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
Henry of KLLM on 2009~03~19 and ALL other Drivers;

I am working on helping the entire trucking industry. I am age 60 with 3 million miles of quality experienced driving. It is not I am any luckier than any other driver. It is my Chinese Wife that made me keep all my documentation. ALL OF IT. Now it is 13 years later, and HireRight/DAC Trucking Solutions is back to bite me in the butt, stick a knife in my back, cause considerable loss of time energy and money. So much effort for nothing. I am one that can win.

I have my passport showing I was in Hong Kong, and MY drivers invoice of linehaul, and even my drivers log book. I NEVER EVER NEVER worked for Morgan DriveAway out of Indiana. They blasted me to DAC Services. Why? I had to run back from my Hong Kong pleasure with my wife's family, stop my truck from getting paid numerous linehaul runs, FOR $.20 CENTS PER MILE. Morgan bankrupted me. Of course I nailed them to the wall, told them Bad Karma is going to put you under. HA! they went bankrupt and under the dirt. So many Owner Operators they cheated, helped throw the shovels.

Yet here I am 13 years later having to deal with this. I can get truck jobs. I have and had a good truck job. Now I after another good trucking position. They use HireRight/DAC and I have to solve this for good, removing this false derogatory information, and pray it never appears again. I decided to make a stand, for all others that have such heartfelt stories of what has been done to them by rotten evilistic truck companies.

I have 3 million miles of KNOWING who those companies are. Most do not know that "MS Word Pad" can copy/paste 65, 000 pages. I am using it to collect all the data from drivers, DAC, DAC Fix, and companies.
Remember this; The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword!

I am not sure yet how much data I can type in this window, and all other such complaint sites i have found. So this is a test. I am making my contact available. Especially, most especially, to help ALL drivers, good drivers, that can not get a job DUE TO DAC or any other situations. I will always post what happened to me, and when/what/how I finally have my DAC fixed, gone, finished with the horror story, for I am no different drivers. Without work, I will starve. I have no money in the bank. No insurance. A 2002 van that will get me to work. Glitches against me. All this at age 60.

However, many people know me. Many people love me. I have impeccable character. I will not hold any truth back. Like how is it I still can live good? Ah, the luck of the Irish again. My Chinese wife is a Master Degree Nurse Practitioner with a yearly salary of $125, 000 going to the bank. However again. It is all coming to a screeching halt. Her job is gone soon, and I am being held up just a wee little bit. As soon as MY PROOF OF DISPUTE is presented to DAC and the company, I should be okay. It is not fun at age 60 to be scrambling for a simple driving job.

Anyway. Here is my info: Running Fire > RunningWolfsRun@gmail / and here is the plan. Your gonna love it. We all, ALL OF US, form CAAD! (opposite of DAC)
CAAD Services * * All trucking Company Aberrations`Against Drivers *
a Non-Profit Organization Dedicated to the Dedicated Drivers of American Highways

To not bother another company: Class A Drivers (also opposite to DAC); It can not be CAD so being used by this service company. It is okay, for we need 2 AA's anyway. This falls under the metaphor: “It is a wise Monkey that never Monkeys with another Monkeys Monkey.” I found this during a search. Such a name for this potential guardian group protecting drivers, is just tentative, after all, does any drivers out there really have any power to join in this battle? I will send out what’s called “An Invitational Consciousness” to such drivers or persons of interest to help fix this wrong. After all, there are miracles in the world, aye.

Any and All may contact me “Running Fire”: RunningWolfsRun@gmail.com
Most especially any of you that are of concrete letter of the law knowledge, that have money to burn to light the fires under these devious truck companies. We will begin the list of companies, promoting the evilistic ruination of drivers and the continued downfall of Americas economy. It starts with the rotten color companies:

Just a few of many: White/Blue ~ Orange ~ Blue ~ Brown ~ Yellow ~ Red ~
The worst of the worse: SWIFT ~ SNEIDER ~ WERNER ~ PRIME ~ JB`HUNT ~ CR`ENGLAND ~ KNIGHT ~ COVENANT ~ CRETE ~ US EXPRESS ~ CRST :
(the list is welcome to grow, however, PROVIDE PROOF, aye, Documented Proof)
We BLAST these companies in DIRECT opposition to any and all reports of DAC.
Keeping in the good nature of Good Karma, a better same name could read tentatively as:
CAAD Services * * All trucking Company Aberrations`Against Drivers *

I will see how this makes the post here, and I will visit other sites, with an increase in factual information. It is so sad from the so called USA President all the way down to trucking dispatchers, nobody will help the good truck drivers get a job. So many have forgotten Trucking is one of the backbones of America. Unfortunately with the American Dream GONE, trucking is added to the list of all other American ways added to the list of downfall: Farmers ~ Auto & Truck & Farm Equipment Makers ~ Airlines ~ Steel Makers ~ Ship Builders ~ NASA ~ ALL OF OUR MANUFACTURING GONE (thusly, no promises can be met, for without manufacturing ... THERE ARE NO JOBS), and of course the list of Truck Companies going under is too extensive to list.

What do we do? What real Americans always do, WE FIGHT. How? THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD! Let us see if this is a beginning. I imagine there are at least 3, 000, 000 drivers out there unable to get a job. What a concept that WE could have a company of 3 Million Drivers that DAC can not touch. HA! elect me president and my first order is to bankrupt all the COLOR truck companies. That would provide about 300, 000 jobs that would have NO HIRERIGHT DAC REPORTS!
Bundles of Faith and Compassion;
RUNNING FIRE

23rd of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I work for the dcs hd acct in joliet il the managers are kids who try to create a were better than you attitude and blame drivers for anything also shorts on your driven miles of 15% and lost detention pay are common. they refuse to take care of there equipment or drivers. Ive worked for jbh for 6 years now and am looking for a new job...Do your self a favor dont come here
 12th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
I WAS A JBH EMPLOYEE FOR 2 YRS I HAD A NO FAULT ACCIDENT THEY TRY TO MAKE ME AT FAULT WHEN POLICE SAID IT WAS DUE TO BAD WEATHER CONDITION ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR TOLD ME THAT HE COULD/T PULL UP WEATHER CONDITION UP ON HIS LAPTOP BUT HE PULL IT UP FRIDAY TOOK LOAD OFF RUN FRIDAY BUT PUT IT ON RUN MONDAY BUT COULD/T PULL UP THAT MORNING ON HIS LAPTOP THE HWY WAS GOOD BUT THE CITY STREET WERE BAD TRUCK SLID ON ICE AND CAUSE A MINOR ACCIDENT NO ONE WERE HUNT NO DAMAGE DONE WAS NOT TICKETED REPORT EVERYTHING TO SAFETY TOOK PICTURES DIDNT HAVE NO WRITE UPS IN THE PAST THEY SAID THAT I WAS AT FAULT WHEN THE LAW SAID I WAS NOT SO THEY TERMINATED ME THEY WANT THE DRIVER TO TAKE ALL THE BLAME WHEN DUMB ASS YOUNG SUPERVISOR DONT KNOW SHIT THEN THEY TRY TO BLOCK YOU FROM GETTING UNEMPLOYMENT FROM THEM AFTER YOU HAVE MADE THEM MONEY FOR YEARS NOT A GOOD COMPANY THEY ADD ON ACCOUNTS BUT TAKE PAY AWAY FROM YOU JAMES PATTERSON IS NOT A GOOD ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR HE DO NOT CARE FOR HIS WORKER HE DO NOT CARE ABOUT SAFETY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPEN NOBODY THAT FOR HIM LIKE HIM OR REGIONAL SUPERVISORS LANCE THE SAFETY GUY DONT KNOW SHIT HE TOLD ME THAT I SHOULD HAVE STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HWY BEFORE I MADE TURN ON TO THE STREET I TOLD HIM WHERE DO THEY DO THAT AT PARK ATRUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE HWY DUMMY I AM GOING TO SUE THEY ASS
 25th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have a accident on my DAC report because I backed into a loading dock correctly.
Jbhunt customer said I damaged there loading dock because I backed into it . There customer spotted me into it ...And by Law backing into a Loading dock is not a accident..Jbhunt said in a accident review the customer is always right ...And it does not matter what the police say or what the Law says.
 26th of Dec, 2013 by    0 Votes
Jb hunt is refusing to pay a refusing claim to are Company Wedge Tire...
It was there safety department that told us it was accident...
After I tried to file insurance claim with with them...There insurance company sent me a letter saying they do not pay insurance fraud...They even called the police on are company..It was Jb hunt was Jb Hunt safety department that would pay for there driver correctly backing into are loading dock that had old damage on it. Jb Hunt word means nothing

Contact Us