logo

Posted:    jas80

Do not last

Itasca
Chicago, Illinois
i been using this website for while now, i never have had any problem until i realize they are being smart ass with changing price quickly.. i have notice everytime i call them or chat with them regarding product availability or any question regarding product...they increase the price right away.. happened to me many times. but what pissed me off when i ordered some Victorinax Shirts and after proceed the payment method when everything wet alright i get email about my Order summery i found they charged me new price.. i call them back the lady behavior was so unacceptable and rude. finally i cancel my ordered and i am never going back to that site ever again.. i bought all the high range stuff like spyder, Victorianax, Alpine, North Face, etc. but now i won't dare to spend single penny on that web site.
Comments United States Clothing, Shoes & Acc
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Itasca Boots complaints
Itasca Boots - Fraud
Itasca Boots - Beware

Comments

14th of Feb, 2009 by   lynne eggler -1 Votes
I bought my husband a new pair of Itasca Swampwalker 686333, the zipper came apart after wearing them maybe 10 times during gun season. I would like my money back. Please contact me. 607 369-2148. I don't have the receipt, because who would think the zipper would break after only wearing 10 times.
 12th of Apr, 2009 by   poor quality product -1 Votes
The soles on the Itasca boots appear to be a common issue. We have two family members who purchased the same boot. Both love the look and feel but the soles are crumbling after the first walk in snow??? How does that happen? We see others having the same issues. You can't sell garbage and expect to stay in business. People love to purchase but they do talk when they feel they have been taken. Businesses do not prosper if their product is garbage. Got it?
 11th of May, 2009 by   The "Mark One" -1 Votes
I am trying to return my Itasca boots, they flippin suck!! The very first time I used them they leaked right thru while turkey hunting. DO NOT BUY THESE BOOTS. Two of my hunting buddies had bought them as well and before I even set foot into the woods, they told me my boots would take on water. Can someone aid me in trying to find the web site so I can return these boots. Most stores won't return boots after they have been worn once. amarkpas@yahoo.com Thanks Mark
 28th of May, 2009 by   hamm3rtime +1 Votes
i bought a pair of swampwalker 2's and I havent had a single problem with them
 31st of May, 2009 by   Michelle Pullen 0 Votes
COMPANY BOOTS SUCK!!!
 5th of Jun, 2009 by   hookie 35 0 Votes
I have a pair of worthless Swap Stalkers. Complete garbage! Leaked the first time out. The all the seams came apart. Can not find any contact info. Never again!
 8th of Oct, 2009 by   P. Tripp. 0 Votes
Purchased a pair and used them on a Wyoming elk hunt this past month (09/09 )and they fell apart after 5 days. They (itasca bushmaster) are junk I will NEVER purchase another product from itasca again!!!
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   Herm 0 Votes
I bought a pair of the swampwalker 16 boots early this year to wear for this years shotgun season. They did'nt even last through the season. Since I bought more than 90 days ago, Gander Mountain would not take them back. (ninety day policy). The rubber split every place that they bend. Leaked like a sieve. Must have at least 5 holes in them.Does anyone know how to get a hold of the company? They don't seam to want anyone to know how to get in touch with them. THESE BOOTS SUCK!!! Herm
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   bigger g 0 Votes
Itasca
by C.O. Lynch Enterprises, Inc.
2655 Fairview Ave., N.
Roseville, MN 55113
800-225-2565 651-633-8800
FAX: 651-633-9095
Sales Mgr./Mktg. Dir.: Jeffrey Berc
For 30 years, Itasca has been manufacturing
high-quality footwear for the outdoor industry.
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   MitchB 0 Votes
I too have bought Itasca boots only to have the heel collapse into the sole after only a week and a half of use. Up to that point I loved them. I was looking for a company website when I came across this one. I would like to complain as well but also offer a solution. I believe I have figured out what is causing this issue. The cells in the sole are too big, at least in the heel portion, to support my weight. I weigh 230 lbs. I am curious to know how much hamm3rtime weighs since he has had no problem with his boots. My solution would be to make the cells much MUCH smaller. I have cut out the lining in the heel area of my boots to see what I could do to fix them. The cells are huge at least 3/4 of an inch square. Currently I'm filling in the cells of the heel area with shoe goo. I have cut a new paper liner out of automotive gasket material to lay over the top to hold in the steel shank. I've got one boot done and so far it looks pretty darn good. Now the hard part is leaving the boots alone for a couple of days to allow the shoe goo to cure. I think I'll get a pair of those gel arch supports to put in them to help distribute the weight better. Darn I just noticed that you can attach pics. I would have done that If I had known before hand.
 27th of Apr, 2011 by   Kjjjj 0 Votes
All products can have defects and it seems people only want to compain when things are not right that goes in general as a society...keep receipts when shopping and the first problem you see with them contact the manufacture. If you have worn a shoe over 90 days I can see why the retailer woulnt take them back it usually goes that way, I bought a pair of sneakers that started falling apart and since I wore them they would not take them back. They have many great reviews, and its unfortunate that there are just bad products made sometimes, but that goes for all products, pants, shirts with incorrect stitching that falls apart, bad food at restraunts. I would say next time contact the manufacture to resolve the issue and keep receipts.
 6th of Oct, 2011 by   Lee Halvorson 0 Votes
I bought a pair of Itasca "hard Commerce" boots for ork because they were light in weight and had a steel toe. I shelled out $80 plus dollars and they dissintegrated my second week of wearing them. $30 Walmart boots last me a year before they even start to fall apart.TOTAL GARBAGE!!!
 22nd of Oct, 2011 by   Jay chicago 0 Votes
I bought a pair of Itasca "hard commerce" boots for the steel toe and waterproofing, they fell apart with 4 weeks. Total Junk, useless boots. Gander Mountain sells them and they woundn't even return them. Gander Mountain passed the buck and told me to call the manufacture. I will NEVER goto GANDER MOUNTAIN again. The sales person told m e they were great boots. All I have to say about him is he was a LIAR! The toes fell apart and were no longer WATERPROOF.
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   nobootsforschool 0 Votes
I bought two pairs of boots for my boys and both pairs are falling apart. The liners felll apart along with the inside of the boot. I can't find a email or any thing to get ahold of the company the boots are absolutly JUNK I will never ever buy another pair again. we only had both pair for not even a month.
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   Mark Curtis 0 Votes
I bought a pair of Itasca Icebreaker Men's boots from a local discount shoe store. Took them home and wore them one time. Next time I went to put them on I noticed that the side of the rubber boot had split wide open. Took them back to the store I bought them from and noticed that the other boot was split as well while showing them to the store clerk. Rather than get a refund they had one last pair in my size so I decided to try them. Wore them twice and the rubber sole has already cracked wide open. Didn't know it until I walked out in the rain and my sock was immediately soaked. Taking them back to the store tomorrow and asking for a refund. Will never buy Itasca boots again.
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   dave ci 0 Votes
i just got a pair of itasca hunting boots, i wore them 3 times, i pulled the laces to tighten them and a rivet holding the eyelet on popped and hit me in the eyebrow. i like the boot but they are made cheaply. luckily it didnt hit my eye. i will never buy a pair from this company.
 28th of Mar, 2013 by   anthony gray 0 Votes
To who it may concern

I bought a pair of rubber itasca hunting boots october of 2012. Used them for one hunting season and they have like tears in the tops an bottoms. I paid 130.00 dollars for them at dunhams. I would really like someone to email me back regarding this or I can concact my lawyer. I am really not pleased with them.

Anthony gray
 11th of Apr, 2013 by   andjmas 0 Votes
i had gotten a pair of Itasca hiking boots with steel toes and after 4 weeks of wearing them the heel crumbled and on top of that there are metal bars in the shoe that came out. to make matters worse those metal bars are rusty. Itasca is the worst company and cant believe i got them. i had gotten these shoes from big 5 sporting goods and when i go there again I'm going to inform them about this.
 11th of Apr, 2013 by   Deb1eyeScott 0 Votes
Cool thing is Festers FB following is down to three circus midgets . . We are going to print some legal documents tomorrow on Clayton Nelson . . Very sick man to say the least . . Will include phone numbers . . Again his following is down to nothing . . Need to flush him for good !
 12th of May, 2013 by   LoveTheWinter 0 Votes
I agree that the Itasca boots are no good. Gently worn boots by my son in the garage helping his father during the winter months led to the complete separation of rubber base and suede upper within four months. No walking or playing in the snow or the woods. Bought on ebay but they lasted beyond the seller's 30 day return policy. Has anyone thought of contacting the Illinois Attorney General to complain about the company?

Last Year's Wall St vs Main St Predictions