Intex Air Mattress

Air Mattress defect

3.2
Intex
Canton, Illinois
Purchased an air mattress, seam recently ripped down the middle, (no leakage but very uncomfortable) would like to exchange for another one but denied by store merchant, Fam King. I have contacted Intex, the manufacturer but no response.
Please assist me with this matter.
Darrell Grangruth
Complaint comments Comments (22) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mattresses

Comments

20th of Feb, 2009 by    +1 Votes
i also just recently purchased an Intex air mattress and in literally 33 days air was coming out of the valve. the seams are also made very cheap and thin so that i don't have a tear but just the seams are leaking. i know areobeds are more expensive but gotta say worth it. the material and the seams are so durable INCLUDING the valve which could be the worst part of their product. i am so shocked Paragon sport in NYC would carry Intex but not Aero. Not to mention put their name to such a shotty product.
 10th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
My intex mattress is loosing air ...I have to fill it every two days. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING AN INTEX AIR MATTRESS---Beware!
 26th of Sep, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I have purchased 3 of the Intex mattress this year. They have all three started leaking within a few weeks (4-5) and have had to be replaced. I have written several times as they have no contact phone numbers to no avail. They usually fail after return policy at retail operation runs out. Apparently the quality control division is on extended leave of absence.

6th of Apr, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I have bought two intex queen mattresses. Both lasted about thirty days before their seams began splitting. I will not buy another!!!
 30th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have had 3 Intex Air mattresses and insides come loose and i forms a bubble so you can not sleep on it.
 7th of Sep, 2014 by    +3 Votes
I'm very disappointed with these mattresses. Both of them the seams have come loose and huge bubble forms. Once that happens you can't sleep on them. A waste of money, $100 on each bed.
 7th of Dec, 2014 by    +2 Votes
I also bought the intex air mattress and within the second day of using it, i had to keep putting air in it. there are no holes, it stays pumped for a good hour or two and then as time goes on, it loses air and i have to keep refilling it. i would not recommend this bed to anyone. waste of money and time. and u cant return it to the store and no one calls you back. horrible.
 16th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
Why can't you return to store and exchange? I have my receipt and just bought it in January 30. The mattress seems to be losing air, as we have to refill at least twice a night. No visible holes anywhere.
 27th of May, 2015 by    +2 Votes
I have had 2 in the past 3 months and both of them formed a big hump that way you can't sleep on it. I had to and really hurt my back and still hurts really bad. This company index is selling defective products. I am going to contact an attorney about what we all can do about this. That way we can receive pain and ssuffering for them selling defective products. Please feel free to contact me at kylewatkins44@gmail.com
 28th of May, 2015 by    +2 Votes
We have bought 2 of the intex mattresses and both of the inside seams on top started to separate, leaving a huge bump in the middle of the mattresses. Right after the the 90 day guarantee. Representative hung up on us. Do not buy. We bought our mattresses from Cabelos near Wheeling, WV. Cabelos would not help us either.
 15th of Aug, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I have had 2 air mattresses through index with in the last 2 months that has ripped right through the seam! Both times the same way same place! This is ridiculous! I used to think highly of intex but not anymore!

2nd of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
I recently purchased two INTEX air supreme beds. I am so angry with this company that continues to sell defective products. These two beds require air about every two to three hours. My back is trash, am dependent upon air beds/mattresses to try and get sleep. This isn't my first rodeo with an INTEX bed. Had the same problem with the other mattresses several years ago. Decided to chance another purchase thinking that the company might pay attention to quality control. No such luck. Have to now go back to the seller and try to resolve the issue. Haven't had the beds a month yet. This is a case of buyer beware.
 29th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi,
I purchased an Intex Premaire Fiber-Tech Elevated Airbed Mattress w/ Built-In Pump Queen 64473E arrived 25th July. 25th October the top ballooned out and I can no longer sleep on it.
I contacted the seller, vminnovations, Vitali Lapko, 1421 Kingbird Rd, Lincoln, US, NE, 68521 and he has refused to honour the 90 day warranty.
In fact he offered the mattress with a one year warranty.
I have tried to contact Intex in the USA, I live in Europe, for assistance and the auto system does not allow for non USA customers. I have also written to ebay and finally Intex in Japan.
If this is an example of how TTIP will go, count me out, nothing from the USA.
I would like to have this complaint submitted to Intex but I doubt that anything will happen.
Geoffrey Brno, Czech Republic
 1st of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
Mine also formed a bubble. At least mine is on the side. I'll be forced to trash it soon, and replace it with a quality product.
My warranty ran out before I even got around to using it. Mine was purchased from a NC Big Lots store. It was under $ 40,
so it's hardly worth getting stressed over it. Usable life span seems to be about a month or two.
 2nd of Nov, 2015 by    0 Votes
We have 2 Intex mattresses and both have internal seams that have busted. I have just begun to see if there is recourse and this site came up on my first search. Has anyone here had any success with getting a refund or replacement?
 19th of Nov, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I purchased an Intex Queen size air mattress with built in air pump. I slept on it for five months just fine. Out of nowhere the mattress forms a huge bubble the full length of the mattress on one side; it looks as if someone is lying on one side of the bed. That's how large the bubble is! What the heck? I read some previous complaints about others having a problem with a bubble. What causes that to happen??? Obviously it is a defect in the mattress if it happens on multiple mattresses. The store won't refund for the mattress and it is useless to me now. I guess I should be thankful that I got five months out of it!!!
 5th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased two twin-sized Intex air mattresses, and they both bubbled up on one side. (I've been wondering if I can put one on top of the other, and get one suitable bed, but I doubt that will work.) I get the feeling that Intex will not replace them. I'd just like to know how I can recycle them. Hate to throw them in the trash.
 8th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
My air mattress is an Intex Queen size. For three months it was fine, then a huge bubble formed in the middle of it. I still use it because I cannot afford to buy another one at this time. Now it has formed a bubble underneath the mattress and the bed tilts from side to side. This morning I fell out of bed and scratched my back because the bed collapsed to the side. I believe this product was defective from the start. I will never buy another Intex product again. Has anyone else had this problem?.
 2nd of Feb, 2016 by    +2 Votes
I bought 2 intex twin air mattress on December 1st, 2015. My son' s mattress developed the big bubble down the center on top and bottom. He has fallen out c the bed twice in his sleep. This happened within 3 weeks of having the Mattress. My Mattress also developed a small hump on the top last week. Tonight my mattress totally deflated and the mattress has a hole underneath the on/ off button. I am sleeping on the deflated mattress on the floor. I called Walmart 2 weeks ago to see if I could return the mattress or exchange them w/o receipt they said no. I am pissed. Both mattresses were 49.99 a piece. I want my money back or to exchange for new ones!!
 17th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have just recently contacted Intex about my product #67734W and I told the representative that I receive my air mattress as a gift on my birthday and I do not have a receipt for my product and that my air mattress would not hold air overnight. The representative was more concern about my having a receipt for my product than trying to help seek the problem of my air mattress. I have purchase a lot of Intex products in the past, but I will no longer purchase anything else from this company. The representative that I spoke with refused to help me with my product until I can find a receipt for my product. When I asked to speak to her supervisor, she told me that she could not transfer me to her supervisor because they did not have phone lines that transfer. The number that I called to contact Intex company is 1-800-234-6839. This is their direct number. My air mattress did not hold up a good 30 days before it began leaking.

Contact Us