Indian Railway

EXCESSIVE RATE OF FOOD BY THE PANTRY CAR SERVICE

4.7
PANTRY CAR IN TRAIN
India
Subject: Complaint against the more charging for veg. meals by pantry car personnel’s staff.
Dear Sir,

I would like to inform that I undersigned travelled with my family members from Manmad JN. to New Delhi on 6th July2011. The information of which is described below:

PNR no. 815-6271801 & 835-6438680 Train no. 12137 ( PUNJAB MAIL )
Total passenger --- 09 Nos.

It is reported that I ordered the train’s pantry staff vendor for providing 09 veg. meals. I was thereby provided 09 veg. meals(THALI) without curd and lesser quantity of food as per scale. Not even that they demanded me Rs 540/- at the cost of Rs 60/= each, instead of Rs, 32/= which was Rs 28/- more as per Rate list fixed by railway authorities. When we asked the Pantry Car Manager Mr.Akhlesh kumar Pandey ) about more charging of meal he replied that they are supplying mix veg. chole paneer instead of Aloo-Tamater in veg meal(THALI), but, the fact was that I didn’t told for any changed menu . Before supply the meals we demand the menu & Price list from Vender Shalender tomer but he refused for the same .I asked other passengers and found that everybody was overcharged and thus cheated.
It means the train pantry staff was cheating all the passengers in huge manner by increasing prices of meal and supplying less quantity of food of substandard quality.i.e. A group of 05 passenger those PNR NO. 8256292265 From MMR To Faridabad were also cheated by the pantry staff they charged Rs, 300/= for 05 no. of veg. meals Bill no.3847 dt 6/7/11 Such kind of cheating should be stopped immediately and culprits must be punished.
The train’s pantry staff manager ( Mr. Pandey ) also argued with me in very rude manner when I DEMAND for complaint Book then he refused and told us that I have no any complaint Book. Please take necessary action against him for prestigious image of INDIAN RAILWAYS.
Waiting for your quick and efficient action and reply.
Thanking you,
Dated: 07-07-2011
Yours

P K SHARMA
sharma.pradeep01@rediffmail.com

Mob:08800988112
Complaint comments Comments (44) Complaint country India Complaint category Food

Comments

19th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - mis behavior from TC
India

I travelling from nasik road to newjalpaigudi (njp) on today date 19/04/2008 in train no 5645 bogie no a1 PNR 811 9830328
the TC from bhusawal onwords he drunk liqur and mis behavior with us useing bad words
please help us and look at above serious complaint
 21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
hello dear sir lalu prasad yadav ji,

i am good feel in indian railways

i want just a train shamli to delhi root

After 5pm

plz regard me

i am your faith fully

Dinesh Panwar From Bali Baghpat
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - reservatin

there was a reguler stop and till today(4.8.08) the train (2317) akaltakht exp stopped at najibabad station but railway computerised reservation system not allowing to purchase any ticket from any station to najibabad.
 1st of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
the official website has lot of pop-ups and advertisement which make the user uncomfortable. This site does not show the passenger and express train which do not have a reservation coach. Here a user must know the train name or number and also station code without this information he cannot search the trains. they have given the link for searching the station code but if the user does not know the correct spelling of the station name he cannot get the station code. one more think is for each entry you will have to go to get it from separate page. if you does not know the date of running of the train then also you are not able to search the trains.

But if you visit http://www.indiantrains.org/

The better way to search Indian trains looks great and it open fast, no pop-up, user friendly. Every information in a single page. This concept is good and some of the features like calendar, train running day has not come in a single website in this reviews. the most important features i have seen in this site that if the user does not know the station code then also he can see all the trains and it is only website which have a drop menu box for the important station from where you can choose the station name and also it has a date calendar from you can choose the date and it show the running day of the train so that you can know which day of the week this train is running. the other most important feature I have seen in this website that it show the train which does not have the reservation coach for the benefit of the user and they are showing the passenger train also which is also not available in any website. This site will enable the users to search train route and compare fares of most of the trains in India.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Respected Sir,

I want your help. On 10 Nov. 08 my train scheduled from Mugal sarai to New Delhi vie Mahabodhi Train. I have a reserved ticket but waiting which was confirm on that day. But T.T. was not help me for informing my berth seat. And also want me Rs. 400/- for a confirm berth. I completed my journey as standing mode while I confirm on Net my berth was RAC Seat no. 7 and coach S10.
Sir, I am very depress for this attitude. Please advise and help me for future journey. And also take any action for T. T. behavior.

Sincerely yours

Manish Kumar Srivastava
 17th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have a complaint regarding reservation policy of indian railway. I have booked two ticket for my brother and his wife. When we are booking the ticket we have opted specially the lower birth. As broter's wife is pregnent. This is Garib Rath train no.2204 from Amritsar to Saharsa on 16.11.2008. At the time of booking we get the ticket bearing seet no.41 & 44 in bogy no. J-11 being lower birth. When we boarded into the train we are shocked to see that both the 41 & 44 are middle birth. we have face a lot of problem due to pregnent lady with us. We contacted the TTE to solve the problem and at least provide one lower birth. But they have refused to help us. Actually this position because of non updation of seating arrangement in irctc.co.in In trains like Garib rath Passage seet have been made three seater. and it creats a lot of problem and in seating arrangement. I have no problem with Lalu Yadav arranging third seat in passage side. But it should be displayed at irctc.co.in. So that passenger can be assure about their seat.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Sir My Name is Nambimariappan, 58 j, muthuramalingar Street, Gandhi nagar, kvoilpatti-628502,
Tamil Nadu.I Was travel In 24/02/2009 from Madurai JN to Kovilpatti, K M 92, VIA VPT Train No:6127 Fare 33 Rs Ticket No:311910114 When I am Traveling In side The Train Lot of Passenger Standing including me
That time ticket checking/Conductors Was come The Place near virudhu nagar he is collecting from all passenger per head Rs 15.May It thing above 100 person and give few receipt Same i was paid rs 15 he is not giving receipt then i am asking same he is warning to me he told me without receipt only 15 otherwise more 250 rs Penalty I was paid rs 265 No.06 AA 196848 Up To kovilpatti i was standing position I Need reason for the Penalty?

Kind N Regards
N.MAriappan
 24th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - arrogwent behavior of unreserved ticket counter clerk
India

i have bought a current raiway ticket on bhusaval counter, i got very dheap and arrogent treatment there when i asked for complaint book the authority refused to give me the book.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - unhygenic ac coach
farakka express
India

On 19.10.09 I was travelling from Varanasi Jn. to Patna by Farakka Exp. 3484 in AC III coach (coach B1 berth no. 28, 31 &32 PNR No. 2363839672). The coach was fully occupied by the passengers but the coach was over crowed by the cockroaches and rats. On demand no complaint book was made available for lodgeing the complaint.

S K Seth
mobile no. 9431820481
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was travelling by the howrah mail from mumbai in the month of August 28th 2009 and i was aghast to know that the train was occupied by cockroaches and rats, it got me wondering if i was in the animal train or passenger train . IT makes me wonder as to why no serious action has been taken to improve the hygenic situation in trains . What are the railway ministers doing ? is it that they do not bother to get the trains clean coz they themselves do not travel like the rest of us civilians ? We pay money for our travelling then why is it not been taken care off. sending one pic as an attachement of proof was too petrified to take any more pictures coz i was busy running away and squealing .

I am too travel again this month on the 6th from mumbai to kolkata and wondering how m i gonna manage with cockroaches inviting themselves over for lunch and dinner snacks with us passengers .

Please be humane and look into the matter seriously

It will be appreciated by alot of people .

Rgds

S# Name Age Sex Seat/Berth Coach Status

1 NEERAJ KUMAR 029 Male 0011 S1 CONFIRM

2 PRATIMA 025 Female 0010 S1 CONFIRM

Total Fare= 638.00Rs

Due to some reason the train was cancelled so as per the rule I was
expecting the refund amount to be credited back to my

account which used for booking the ticket but till now I am not getting
any
refund amount till now after 8days of the

cancellation of e-ticket. I am requesting to you that please credit the
amount of e-ticket in my account as soon as possible.

I will be thankful to you.

I look forward to hearing from you for a positive early response
 28th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Not returning money on duplicate ticket

Dear sir,
I mk mishra send a duplicate ticket vide regisry no.3159 dated 13 jun 2006 for refund of money paid on duplicate ticket (Bpt - 433975 and pnr - 6257733866) to chief comercial manager (Refund) north western railway jaipur. Veri fication received from allahabad verified by ccm jaipur. Please intervene so that money to be refunded back.
Please contact me through email sgtmkshamishra@yahoo.Co.In or my mobile no. 9898205062
 21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - non issuance of unreserved ticket by new delhi station
indian railway
India

i went to new delhi station to day to purchase a unreserved ticket from Delhi to jaipur for date 22.05.2010 but at counter poonam rani who was sitting refused to issue ticket that there is no train from here. as per rules unreserved ticket can be obtained from any station before 3 days if journey exceeds 200kms. my e-mail address is dsrekha2008@yahoo.co.in
 13th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - inability of berth against cnfirmed reservation
India

i had resevation in W/L against PNR no.2636542536. After chart prepare my one berth confirmed .It was in coach no. C-1, 11 but i did not get my berth due to refuse by TTE. He told that it is already reserved according to my chart.
so iwant to claim for the same.
 20th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Non refund of money
Western Railway
India

I purchased a Railway Ticket no. J 17297404 for a journey from Jamnagar to Udaipur on 16 Jul 2010 at 1303 hours. On reaching Ahmedabad, it was told that the Udaipur express bound for Ahmedabad to Udaipur is cancelled for a week. I approached Window No. 7 at Ahmedabad. Mr. IJ Bhatt told that I cannot get the refund from Ahmedabad or I have to go to Jamnagar to get the refund. I mate Station master but no proper response. I went to Himatnagar railway station (where the Udaipur bound train terminated) to get the refund, Station Master Mr. CJ Lal and Mr. Sharma Ticket Booking clerk behaved very rudely used abusive language and told no refund get lost from here. Finally I approached Jamnagar for refund but it was told I cannot get refund from here. For this I spent Rs. 5235/- apart from lot of harassment and mental torturing. I want to get refund due cancellation of train plus the Rs. 5235/-. PC Jain +919998957741
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - REFUND NOT REVEIVE
India

Till the date i am not receiveing my refund amount. My ticket detail as given below:-

PNR NO.-2206562372
TRANSACTION ID-0214559988
BOOKED ON 22-05-2010
CLASS-SL
DATE OF JOURNEY-24-05-2010
TRAIN NO-0136
FROM-BHOPAL TO-MANMAD
TDR FILE ON 25-05-2010

Sir as i come to know that refund amount receive within 90days. But till the date i m not receiving my refund amount. I request you to look this matter.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Late running of trains
India

I was travelling by Sampoorna kranti on 28 DEc. 2010 and i had a horrible experience of my journey from Patna to New delhi. The train was late by 14 hours and when checked the railway website the train was running late throughout the week.
 7th of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - cheating
IRCTC / INDIAN RAILWAY
irctc.co.in

SUB.:- COMPLAINT FOR MISLEADING THE PASSENGERS BY INDIAN RAILWAY
REF.:-PNR NO. 6149960359 (ROU-HWH)
The above mentioned Ticket / PNR was issued to me (Booking Date 22 Nov; 2010) for the travelling by 8006 Koraput Howrah Express for the Date of Journey 05 Dec; 2010 by 2nd AC, between the sector Rourkela to Howrah.
But when I reached the station at Rourkela at 2130 hrs to board the train I was totally shocked to know that the particular train is on diverted route since last 5 to 6 months and not cross through Rourkela station.
I was totally helpless to move Howrah as unable to get reservation in any train, beside this I was advised by customer care of IRCTC to proceed for TDR formalities for the said ticket instead of cancellation, as the chart was already prepared.
I proceeded for TDR formalities of the above ticket and also cancelled the following onward tickets;-
1. PNR. No. 6447645274 DOJ 07 Dec; 2010 HWH-BBS Train – 2073 BBS Jan Shatabdi Express
2. PNR. No. 6349733300 DOJ 08 Dec; 2010 BBS-ANGL Train – 8106 BBS-ROU Inter City Express
3. PNR No. 6448154671 DOJ 08 Dec; 2010 ANGL-BBS Train – 2894 BLGR BBS Super Express
I am surprised to see why the tickets of diverted route / cancelled trains are issued which are not running through stations since long period and even in railway site “train running position” the trains are shown running at time at non running stations.
Due to this negligence lot of passenger are harassed. I have suffered a big loss financially by cancelling the all tickets / tour visits and unnecessary staying in a hotel at Rourkela along with that mentally harassed. Along with this I have to kept wait for my refund against the Cancelled / TDR tickets.
Beside this I was forced to stay at Hotel as there was no availability in any train, business loss and the harassment I faced is in-calculated.
I have sent a letter letter dated 21 Dec; 2010 to The Director (Public Grievance), Indian Railway, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi by speed post on dated 23 Dec; 2010, but no reply is received by me till date.
Kindly let me know what the action is to be taken for the misleading the passengers.
 31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Poor Food quality and Cleanliness
Service

My experiance at August kranti express on 28/05/11
Poor Food quality
1) Cucumber served while dinner was deteorated or spioiled
2) water given for tea preparation was cold
Overall cleanliness was very poor especially basin and toliet utensil
After paying Rs. 1495 how can we accept such service?
Krishnakant Vichare
 5th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - misguide by rail staff
abhay_rnjn@yahoo.com

sir,
I was travelling by 12142 rajendra nagar/cstm exp. on 29/04/2011 vide pnr no. 6255970441 B2/41, 42, 44.Bed roll provided to us was unwashed and dirty, toilet wash basin was full of rice and pulses and condition of toilet was very pathetic.also no soap liquid provided.when i contacted head TTE mr abhayshankar, he say i dont have any complain register than i gone to guard at mugalsarai jn.about 17 boggies back and lodge complaint vide sl.no.3 dt-29/04/11 before he was unwilling to give register.but after many request he gave.Than i gone to head tte from mgs mr.ramakrishna patil, he threaten "jao nahi deta jahan complain karna hai kar lena."and beheave very rudely.
next morning 30/4 at 0900 hrs i ask coach attendent mr ashish misra to give soap liquid in toilet, as he was sleeping, he replied "soap nahi hai jao sone do yar".also they dont give towel, Finally i reached cst stn.and gone to station manager to lodge complain here also mr. maurya try to misguide me but after intervantion of head tte of cst he agreed and i lodge complaint vide sl.no. 194543 dtd-30.04.11.excess price taken by pantry car vendorof cold drinks and water bottle from printed price.Print rate of soft drinks was rs.23 but they charge 25/-.
please take appropriate and stingent action against defaulter.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree