Indian Railway

Subject: Complaint against the more charging for veg. meals by pantry car personnel’s staff.
Dear Sir,

I would like to inform that I undersigned travelled with my family members from Manmad JN. to New Delhi on 6th July2011. The information of which is described below:

PNR no. 815-6271801 & 835-6438680 Train no. 12137 ( PUNJAB MAIL )
Total passenger --- 09 Nos.

It is reported that I ordered the train’s pantry staff vendor for providing 09 veg. meals. I was thereby provided 09 veg. meals(THALI) without curd and lesser quantity of food as per scale. Not even that they demanded me Rs 540/- at the cost of Rs 60/= each, instead of Rs, 32/= which was Rs 28/- more as per Rate list fixed by railway authorities. When we asked the Pantry Car Manager Mr.Akhlesh kumar Pandey ) about more charging of meal he replied that they are supplying mix veg. chole paneer instead of Aloo-Tamater in veg meal(THALI), but, the fact was that I didn’t told for any changed menu . Before supply the meals we demand the menu & Price list from Vender Shalender tomer but he refused for the same .I asked other passengers and found that everybody was overcharged and thus cheated.
It means the train pantry staff was cheating all the passengers in huge manner by increasing prices of meal and supplying less quantity of food of substandard quality.i.e. A group of 05 passenger those PNR NO. 8256292265 From MMR To Faridabad were also cheated by the pantry staff they charged Rs, 300/= for 05 no. of veg. meals Bill no.3847 dt 6/7/11 Such kind of cheating should be stopped immediately and culprits must be punished.
The train’s pantry staff manager ( Mr. Pandey ) also argued with me in very rude manner when I DEMAND for complaint Book then he refused and told us that I have no any complaint Book. Please take necessary action against him for prestigious image of INDIAN RAILWAYS.
Waiting for your quick and efficient action and reply.
Thanking you,
Dated: 07-07-2011

Complaint comments Comments (24) Complaint country India Complaint category Food
Was the above complaint useful?

19th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - mis behavior from TC

I travelling from nasik road to newjalpaigudi (njp) on today date 19/04/2008 in train no 5645 bogie no a1 PNR 811 9830328
the TC from bhusawal onwords he drunk liqur and mis behavior with us useing bad words
please help us and look at above serious complaint
 21st of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes
hello dear sir lalu prasad yadav ji,

i am good feel in indian railways

i want just a train shamli to delhi root

After 5pm

plz regard me

i am your faith fully

Dinesh Panwar From Bali Baghpat
 4th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - reservatin

there was a reguler stop and till today(4.8.08) the train (2317) akaltakht exp stopped at najibabad station but railway computerised reservation system not allowing to purchase any ticket from any station to najibabad.
 1st of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
the official website has lot of pop-ups and advertisement which make the user uncomfortable. This site does not show the passenger and express train which do not have a reservation coach. Here a user must know the train name or number and also station code without this information he cannot search the trains. they have given the link for searching the station code but if the user does not know the correct spelling of the station name he cannot get the station code. one more think is for each entry you will have to go to get it from separate page. if you does not know the date of running of the train then also you are not able to search the trains.

But if you visit http://www.indiantrains.org/

The better way to search Indian trains looks great and it open fast, no pop-up, user friendly. Every information in a single page. This concept is good and some of the features like calendar, train running day has not come in a single website in this reviews. the most important features i have seen in this site that if the user does not know the station code then also he can see all the trains and it is only website which have a drop menu box for the important station from where you can choose the station name and also it has a date calendar from you can choose the date and it show the running day of the train so that you can know which day of the week this train is running. the other most important feature I have seen in this website that it show the train which does not have the reservation coach for the benefit of the user and they are showing the passenger train also which is also not available in any website. This site will enable the users to search train route and compare fares of most of the trains in India.
 16th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
Respected Sir,

I want your help. On 10 Nov. 08 my train scheduled from Mugal sarai to New Delhi vie Mahabodhi Train. I have a reserved ticket but waiting which was confirm on that day. But T.T. was not help me for informing my berth seat. And also want me Rs. 400/- for a confirm berth. I completed my journey as standing mode while I confirm on Net my berth was RAC Seat no. 7 and coach S10.
Sir, I am very depress for this attitude. Please advise and help me for future journey. And also take any action for T. T. behavior.

Sincerely yours

Manish Kumar Srivastava
 17th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have a complaint regarding reservation policy of indian railway. I have booked two ticket for my brother and his wife. When we are booking the ticket we have opted specially the lower birth. As broter's wife is pregnent. This is Garib Rath train no.2204 from Amritsar to Saharsa on 16.11.2008. At the time of booking we get the ticket bearing seet no.41 & 44 in bogy no. J-11 being lower birth. When we boarded into the train we are shocked to see that both the 41 & 44 are middle birth. we have face a lot of problem due to pregnent lady with us. We contacted the TTE to solve the problem and at least provide one lower birth. But they have refused to help us. Actually this position because of non updation of seating arrangement in irctc.co.in In trains like Garib rath Passage seet have been made three seater. and it creats a lot of problem and in seating arrangement. I have no problem with Lalu Yadav arranging third seat in passage side. But it should be displayed at irctc.co.in. So that passenger can be assure about their seat.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Dear Sir My Name is Nambimariappan, 58 j, muthuramalingar Street, Gandhi nagar, kvoilpatti-628502,
Tamil Nadu.I Was travel In 24/02/2009 from Madurai JN to Kovilpatti, K M 92, VIA VPT Train No:6127 Fare 33 Rs Ticket No:311910114 When I am Traveling In side The Train Lot of Passenger Standing including me
That time ticket checking/Conductors Was come The Place near virudhu nagar he is collecting from all passenger per head Rs 15.May It thing above 100 person and give few receipt Same i was paid rs 15 he is not giving receipt then i am asking same he is warning to me he told me without receipt only 15 otherwise more 250 rs Penalty I was paid rs 265 No.06 AA 196848 Up To kovilpatti i was standing position I Need reason for the Penalty?

Kind N Regards
 24th of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - arrogwent behavior of unreserved ticket counter clerk

i have bought a current raiway ticket on bhusaval counter, i got very dheap and arrogent treatment there when i asked for complaint book the authority refused to give me the book.
 20th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - unhygenic ac coach
farakka express

On 19.10.09 I was travelling from Varanasi Jn. to Patna by Farakka Exp. 3484 in AC III coach (coach B1 berth no. 28, 31 &32 PNR No. 2363839672). The coach was fully occupied by the passengers but the coach was over crowed by the cockroaches and rats. On demand no complaint book was made available for lodgeing the complaint.

S K Seth
mobile no. 9431820481
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
I was travelling by the howrah mail from mumbai in the month of August 28th 2009 and i was aghast to know that the train was occupied by cockroaches and rats, it got me wondering if i was in the animal train or passenger train . IT makes me wonder as to why no serious action has been taken to improve the hygenic situation in trains . What are the railway ministers doing ? is it that they do not bother to get the trains clean coz they themselves do not travel like the rest of us civilians ? We pay money for our travelling then why is it not been taken care off. sending one pic as an attachement of proof was too petrified to take any more pictures coz i was busy running away and squealing .

I am too travel again this month on the 6th from mumbai to kolkata and wondering how m i gonna manage with cockroaches inviting themselves over for lunch and dinner snacks with us passengers .

Please be humane and look into the matter seriously

It will be appreciated by alot of people .

21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - non issuance of unreserved ticket by new delhi station
indian railway

i went to new delhi station to day to purchase a unreserved ticket from Delhi to jaipur for date 22.05.2010 but at counter poonam rani who was sitting refused to issue ticket that there is no train from here. as per rules unreserved ticket can be obtained from any station before 3 days if journey exceeds 200kms. my e-mail address is dsrekha2008@yahoo.co.in
 13th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - inability of berth against cnfirmed reservation

i had resevation in W/L against PNR no.2636542536. After chart prepare my one berth confirmed .It was in coach no. C-1, 11 but i did not get my berth due to refuse by TTE. He told that it is already reserved according to my chart.
so iwant to claim for the same.
 30th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Late running of trains

I was travelling by Sampoorna kranti on 28 DEc. 2010 and i had a horrible experience of my journey from Patna to New delhi. The train was late by 14 hours and when checked the railway website the train was running late throughout the week.
 31st of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Poor Food quality and Cleanliness

My experiance at August kranti express on 28/05/11
Poor Food quality
1) Cucumber served while dinner was deteorated or spioiled
2) water given for tea preparation was cold
Overall cleanliness was very poor especially basin and toliet utensil
After paying Rs. 1495 how can we accept such service?
Krishnakant Vichare
 17th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
i had resevation in PNR no.4332965012. After chart prepare my one berth confirmed .It was in coach no.S-10, berth no.15, 16 but i did not get my berth due to the TT given the berth no.16 to some other person by TTE.
so iwant to claim for the same.
 5th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Refund not received wide pnr no: 841-1083817
sahil sharma

sirs ! I was suppose to travel from mumbai to delhi in train number 12137 ...reservation ticket no: 92015392wide pnr no: 841-1083817 but my ticket was not confirmed.
I did request in mumbai on dated: 25.04.2011 but i did, nt receive any refund so far. Need your urgent help plz. I tried to call help lines number of indian railways but no reply always.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes

Indian Railway - Excess charge of pantray car

I was traveling by train no - 12295 sangmitra express from banglore to patna get 30. 09.2011 then i gave an order for veg meals to pentary car staff . After surving the person charged Rs. 50 for veg meals instead of railway's fixed rate of veg meals Rs.32

how these people are charging Rs.50 in place of Rs.32.
 20th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
i agree this. it happens in all train. no price list is available in coch or pantry. railways has to stick the price list in each compartment and even it is removed, it has to be posted again.
 13th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
dear sir i so many time travelling in train no 12650 nzm to ypr these train pantry car food is very very poor and the pantry car manager is toking very bed and all food price charge very high according to railway menu and they are not give any cash memo and they are not any compliant book he all ways told i dont have any complaint book . egg biryani charge 60 rs.without curd without water biryani rice quilty are very very poor veg meal they are mix sabzi and very few rice and two chapati and charge rs.50/-non veg 70/-omelette's bread 25/- lassi 20/-all price are very high
 25th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
I also suffered on 23.10.2012 while travelling from Vizag to Howrah by Howrah Mail(12480). Food supplied in 1st Ac from pantry car in thalis(with eggs) @ Rs. 102/- per thali and Rs. 86/- for veg thalis. We had to pay this amount to the pantry staff. when asked about the bills he simply said you have not asked for it before and have to pay the amount, as it was already late in the night ( around 10.30pm).
Will this matter be checked by railway authority and stop cheating the passengers.

Contact Us