Posted:

Harassing phone calls!

4.25
IC Systems
This company repeatedly calls looking for my younger brother with whom I share the same first name. They have been asked to stop calling, but refuse, often calling as often as 4-5 times a day. After the last caller made snide remarks regarding the fact that I have the same first name as my brother I again told him to stop calling and that I would sue him for harassment. He then stated that because of my attitude he was going to place this number on a must call list or something like that and that I would continue to receive the harassing phone calls.
Complaint comments Comments (34) Complaint country United States Complaint category Collections Agencies

Comments

6th of Mar, 2008 by    -1 Votes
This company has driven my husband and I bonkers, as I stated in an earlier post. This was for a credit card that he didn't even have... and it wasn't even in his correct legal name. We filed a complaint with the attorney general's office in our state, (after tons of nasty calls at all hours; even on Sundays from IC), and it has now all ceased. We had one call last night from the credit card company to apologize, and they assured us that IC wouldn't be calling anymore. I told them I was still documenting calls in the event they continued... they finally have ceased.
 9th of May, 2008 by    -1 Votes
My mother is 81 years old has parkinsons and other sicknesses. She is not aware of what is happening 3/4 of the time. She has 4 adult nurses caring for her 24/7. I. C. systems is constantly harassing with nasty phone calls which is very upsetting to her due to her illnesses. I want this to stop ! She is not able to be harrassed like this.
 10th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have been being called many times a day. I am so tired of it. I told the person who called a week ago that the debtor doesn't live here and I will obtain the number as soon as I can and give it to them. She said she'd do something to make it so they only call once a day...as I asked. It has not slowed down and this morning when they called for the fourth time, I told the woman and I was very pleasant, that he didn't live here, that I work a lot and was not sleeping and they had woken me after a few hours of sleep. I asked her very nicely to please make sure that if they had to call, please only once a day. I was shocked at how nice I was to her...I never am nice. She told me that it was an automatic dialer and there was nothing that could be done. I asked her to please make it happen. She was so rude at this point...with her teeth clenched, she told me that it was an automatic dialer and they would not stop calling until I gave them a new number. I told her I would report this to the police and who ever I had to. She raised her voice and told me they were NOT going to stop and to have a nice day and hung up on me.
 31st of May, 2008 by    -1 Votes
This company kept calling my number looking for some girl named Cynthia Hernandez. I told them she didn't live here and to stop calling. She then said how do I know Ms. Hernandez. I then proceeded to call her a fucking idiot and if she would listen to me she would know I didn't know her. This went on for about a minute until I asked to speak to her manager. She then hung up. The next day I got another call from IC Systems asking about Hernandez again. This time I did not use the profanity but simply asked to speak to her manager. She said she could not transfer me until I gave her my name. I told her my name was Mike and asked her who she was. She said her name was Laurie and operator #966. Then I asked to speak to her manager again. She said she could not unless I gave her my name. I said I was Mike and #486. "486 doesn't mean anything to me, what is your last name?" I said well Laurie #966 doesn't mean anything to me, let me speak to your manager. She then hung up. I called back and asked to speak to the manager, some guy that told me his name was Mike McGregor, an account manager answered the phone. I reiterated I had asked to be taken off their harrassing call list twice. Then asked what state they were based in. I was told Minnesota. Then I said if I get another call from IC Systems asking for Cynthia Hernandez it would constitute harrassment and violation of the anti-do-not-call statute. That they were calling Texas and the Attorney General of Texas would be their next inquirer of their company. At that, I was promised I would not receive any more calls.

I will see tomorrow.
 22nd of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

IC Systems - Awful service
icsystem.com

I called Ic Systems to speak with them about the payments that I setup to pay them every 2 weeks. For the first two payments everything went smooth no reason to call. I went online to check balance to insure everything was fine until I realized that the last payment they took out of my bank account (showed on my statement & have image) was not showing on there records. I called to speak with someone about this and from the moment I got on the phone I was being yelled at and told I wasn't listening to the lady. I asked for a manager she said she was as high up as they come. I asked if I could speak to someone who was not so mean and maybe having a better day and she continued to tell me that she had no record of payment and I needed to call my bank because they did not get paid. I asked the lady what the bank remitted to them when they collected the payment she said she did not have that information. She told me to contact my bank and send them proof from the bank that the money was paid. I called the bank! Bank gentleman told me the money was paid and is now sending me the image of the payment and the statement to send to IC systems. May I also add that when I asked whom to send this information to she said there is no one to send to just send it to the address.
 8th of Nov, 2008 by    -1 Votes
For well over a year now I have been receiving these annoying threatening harassing phone calls from IC Systems. I have went to my elected representatives in this state including the sorry excuse we have for a governor and an attorney general whom both said they could not be of any help to me. How about that? The local law authorities were of no help neither. I just want these calls stopped. They have got to the point where they call once an hour every hour now from 8 a.m. till 9 p.m. or later at night. I called the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission but they were of no help. Is there not anyone out there looking out for us? Wait. How about Bill O'Reilly?
 15th of Nov, 2008 by    0 Votes
If they continue to call you send them a cease and desist letter. I would also file a complaint with the Minnesota State Attorney General office and ACA International http://www.acainternational.org/codeofconduct.aspx?cid=11672. IC Systems boasts about how they are ethical and professional and this organization oversees it's member's conduct. IC Systems is a member of ACA.
 27th of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
E-Bay uses these thugs to collect there money. I paid E-Bay Directly and still get phone calls.
 11th of Feb, 2009 by    -1 Votes
I agree with all of you. This company is terrible. they call all the time. I am sending them a certified letter and if they continue to call I will contact FTC. Maybe then they will stop.
 14th of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes
That is because when you pay the original creditor instead of the collection agency once it goes there, it can take them 30-60 days to report payments. If you paid it and want the collections to stop, you should mail proof of your payment to them.
 2nd of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
The professional??? company calls 5-6 times a day, ever day. I have asked what the calls are in reference to, and they tell me they won't tell me unless I confirm my address, phone and SS#. I told the girl that I do not give my SS# on the phone and she got VERY, VERY upset and told me that they have way's of making me give it. I very nicely told her to go "F" herself and hung up.
To this day, and it's been 6 months now, I have NO IDEA why they are calling.
 16th of Jul, 2009 by    -1 Votes
These agents are the pitts...axe them. i am all for collection if legit but in this case they are illigit and they know it - sue them so they understand. complain to the Better business bureau etc. good luck
 5th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
i have been called several times a day now for weeks. the subject of the call was debt collection. i am not the person they are after. i cannot get through to have these nuisance calls stopped. i am waiting on the phone now for one half hour.

we are elderly and phones present a problem at times. it appears these people have little regard for the rights of other. these fields help some.
 6th of Jan, 2010 by    -2 Votes
i happen to work at i c systems it is a very good company we do listin to you dumb asses who cant fucking pay your bills and who sit there and bitch at us WHEN IT IS YOUR FUCKING FAULT you people are stupid for writing such stupid shit about us!!!
 16th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

IC Systems - Very Rude
New York

I received a call from IC Systems this morning at 8:01 asking for me to set up a payment for a credit account I have with a bank. I explained to Amanda I just paid that account and I am not paying IC systems since I am currently paying the bank directly and I did not know who they were as a company or why I would pay them when I am paying my bank directly. She would not hear my side of this problem which was "why would I pay $300 over the phone to a company I have no idea who they are and why they are collecting from me when I am paying my bank directly." She said she was noting in my account I was refusing to pay and I stated "I will pay any amount I owe but I need to check with my bank to make sure I am suppose to pay them" and she said I couldn't do that. Why can't I check with my bank? This did not make sense. She put her manager Eric on the phone and he just kept telling me how irresponsible I am for not paying my debt, I retold him I will gladly pay but I am currently paying the account directly to the bank and I would need to speak to the bank directly and call them back...well that was not good enough he called be irresponsible again and hung up. We called the Bank directly and got on a three way call to clear this up and our Bank very professionally told IC Systems we did not owe any money to them and we are not in arrears and to leave us alone.

IC Systems needs to get their facts straight before they call and harass people. I understand they are debt collectors but it doesn't mean they do not need to have customer service skills. I very kindly told them I wanted to verify everything with my bank and they would not hear of it. Why - was this a scam to get money? Why would they be against be confirming this information with my bank before I agreed to pay them. This is scary and frustrating what are people to do when these collectors call and yell and oppress you. Lucky we were smart and deligent to contact our bank but what about the people who don't follow through they are getting ripped off by a company like this. You are a mean company and you should really think about how you talk to people. Even if I owed money to this company they do not need to treat people like this...life is hard enough they do not need to make it depressing. Mean Company - where do you hire your employees from????
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by    -2 Votes
IC Systems is a company full of shit for brains uneducated losers who couldn't get jobs anywhere else. I'd be surprised if they make minimum wage. Do your due diligence before harassing innocent people with your auto dialer. I hope your pathetic company goes under...
 9th of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
Pinkie and the Brain, you're a complete idiot.

I'm a person who pays my bills on time every time. Your company is calling me in error, asking for someone I've never heard of. Apparently the number your company is calling used to belong to someone else. Apparently, your company is so retarded that they don't understand that numbers are recycled now.

If it was a very good company, it would not harass people when it is clearly an error. I've stated this no less than ten times, and yet the calls continue.

I called to speak to someone, got transferred to a voicemail inbox because "you're busy helping other customers." I'm not confident I'll receive a reply. I did say, however, that if I receive another call I'll be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, The ACA, the MN Attorney General's office, and whomever else will take a report on your company's shoddy practices.

You're a bunch of stupid prick jerks. Bill collectors should fall on something hard, like a shiv, or a spike. Scum of the earth.
 20th of Jul, 2010 by    -1 Votes
These people have harassed me and called 38 times in 7 days. I know I owe money but I am working with someone on the problem at hand and have explained that to them as nice as I can and they still keep harassing me. Why don't they give up I know I owe it but times are really hard right now and I am trying the best I can to get things paid.
 27th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes

Ic Systems Inc - Won't provide information
IC Systems Inc

Called me today. I have no idea who they are or why they want to talk to me but when I answered the phone he asks for me... I tell him that he is speaking to me and he immediately asks if I'm still at an address that I may or may not have lived at. I told him that without at least him telling me what kind of company he works for I wasn't telling him anything. He said once I verified I was the person they were looking for I could find out that information but they weren't disclosing any personal information to me until then. Not that I had been asking for it, I just wanted to know what kind of company they were without having to have to Google there name. I said to them again I'm not confirming or denying anything until he tells me what kind of company they are.

You see I've had my identity stolen a few times and had fake companies call me and such and I protect my personal information very much.

He said that they will just call back and that they don't play these games, however, after reading other complaints on here it looks like games are exactly what they play.
So I added them to my phone book on my cell and don't plan on answering there calls again.
 10th of Aug, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I just browsed through the comments on this page, and it is so incredibly sad that ANY company would...COULD ...even be allowed to operate this way, harrassing individuals & being so low-down rude, and not listening when they are told "I'm not your person, please stop calling me". What other business ANYWHERE would still even be in operation treating others like that???????
I have been divorced for a year from my ex-husband. A large contributor to our divorce was his poor handling of finances, leading to in incredible amount of collectors' calls and ultimately to bankruptcy & divorce. I was very diligent to do my part at the time to tie up all ends of both of these legal events, and was finally FREE from all of the garbage that had been our life for several years. ------and NOW, over a year later, a move to another state, re-marriage, and a CLEAN SLATE, guess what? My phone just started ringing again, asking for HIM So, apparently because I ever DID (unfortunately) carry his last name they've found MY phone # in their hunt for him. Needless to say my frustration has escalated rapidly and I am irate.
My "beef" is not that they call people who have an outstanding debt (**& it should be in a civilized manner, at that--), but that they continue to call OTHERS who do not even HAVE the debt they're trying to collect! And then, after repeated calls and repeated pleads for them to stop calling... it just keeps going on. (Oh, did I mention that on the first call, I wasn't irated yet, just shocked, so I was happy to GIVE THEM his cell phone #, but I'm still getting calls-----THAT 'bout puts the icing on the cake for me.)
I just don't have a good word to describe this. It JUST SHOULD NOT BE.

Contact Us