logo

HughesNet Contacts & Informations

Hughesnet

Posted:

Hughesnet Sucks

Hughesnet SUCKS!! Initially, I paid like $600. to have the service installed, then $59.99 per month. Within the last year or so, I kept getting this "Fair access policy, " where they basically shut your internet down for 24 hours. Also, for several months now, my service has been slow or not working at all. I called the tech support line, where I was told I needed a new modem. I asked the tech if this would fix it, and the answer was, "yes." After paying $125.00 for the new modem, I had no change with the poor signal. I called again, with yet another person who I could barely understand, telling me I needed a tech visit, which was billable, you guessed it at $125.00. I then proceeded to call and have the service shut off. The csr asked why, and I shared the above story. She offered to waive the tech visit charge, so I decided not to shut it off. The tech came out, telling us the feeder horn? on the disk had water inside it, and was corroded. He suggested we call customer service(?) and see if they would give us a new one. I called, and the man, (with an attitude, ) on the other end told me it was either $399. for a new set up, or $100. plus a $10.00/month lease fee. I have yet to call, since I'm travelling, but you can see where this is going. Unless these, "A double S'es" replace the equipment, no charge, no clease fee or contract, they are done!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments