logo

Upworkptr.com
scam and fake
4. (49 mins ago)
Manplay.com
This website may appear legitimate but in fact quite the opposite
5. (49 mins ago)
Jet Blue
Incorrect information

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

HR Block, Morgantown, West Virginia Complaints & Reviews - cheating me, the customer

HR Block Contacts & Informations

HR Block

Posted:    i8carrion

cheating me, the customer

HR Block
Morgantown, West Virginia
I have been using HR block for the fourth year now and never had any problems until this tax season. My returns are complicated as I have lots of wierd deductions from work. I normally go to HR Block Premium and pay the extra few dollars for their better service. This year, they had some underpaid idiot prepare my taxes. After watching her scratch her head for a an hour or so, she looked up and said "mr guy, we have you for a $4000refund this year." I said wow are you sure(as this number is about twice what I have normally been refunded. I was told it was correct and was asked to come back the next day after her supervisor would review and approve the return. I came back the next day, signed all the papers and was issued a Refund loan check for $3500 under the presumption that the return was checked and approved before submitting to the IRS. A week later, the same preparer called full of appolgies for several "errors" that were made on my return and asked that I would come back and sign a revised return. The new return is for a lot less, $2000 less to be exact, and am infurated that HR block is not willing to pay for their mistakes. I paid them nearly $500 for preparing my taxes, and they screw up and wont stand behind their mistakes. They offered to repay me half my prep fee, but still insist that I owe the IRS for 2 large. So I strongly advise anyone to stay away from them as they use underpaid and unqualified people to prepare your taxes. your better off investing in a $50 copy of turbo tax and doing it yourself.
Comments United States Tax Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Feb, 2009 by   Daniel 0 Votes
You should find a good CPA to do your taxes if your return is complex enough to warrant professional help. As a CPA, I would never issue a refund anticipation loan to a client before the return is finalized.

You shouldn't expect to keep the money that you were over-advanced, though. Though it was H&R's mistake, it's still not your money. Even better, I would be patient and let the refund come in it's time. Refund anticipation loans are bad news. Our firm does not offer them, nor do I encourage them.

Simple Breakfast Foods That Keep You Healthy