Want a result

United Kingdom
Phone: 07723 177345
The complaints manager at HP UK is a nasty piece of work called Paulette Hughlock

She hides behind staff and will not speak to customers, but here email is: paulette.hughlock@hp.com
Complaint comments Comments (96) Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Appliances
Was the above complaint useful?

2nd of Nov, 2006 by    0 Votes

HP - Extremely frustrating laptop service

My laptop was originally having issues with the screen so I sent it into HP to have it repaired during the summer before I went back to school. I received my laptop back and it was working fine and they didn't replace any parts. Only a week after I got back to school, I started having the same issues again. So I called HP and they recommended sending it in for repair. I did it and they had my laptop back in a surprising three day turnaround. The repair summary said that they had replaced my system board and reinstalled Windows. I noticed immediately when I went to use my laptop that USB devices weren't working properly, my touchpad wasn't working, and it took forever to load Windows and sometimes it wouldn't load at all. So I sent my laptop back in for repair and this time they kept it for five days and replaced the system board again. I just received it back and now the fan is running constantly on the system board and it didn't do this before. I called HP and they said that I should send it in again for repair. I expressed my disgust about their service to them and they told me that all they could do was have it sent in again and said that it would receive "priority" repair. As a result of this, I was going recommend to my father a new HP laptop, but now I don't think I am. This is getting to be extremely frustrating and by now I think I deserve my money back or a new laptop.
 15th of Dec, 2006 by    0 Votes

HP - Fooling the customers for selling more products!

Dear citizens of India,
I am also one of the victims of this fraud made by this company.When i registered the product online, no redemption code has generated. I tried for almost three to four times but failed. This is not happening to a single person but happening to so many peoples in our entire country. HP is so clever that he forces us to buy his products at a cheaper rate but for the cartridge he asks the same amount from us. He knows that once we purchase its product we have to purchase its consumables also.
 3rd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Good luck with that! I have the same problem with the screen but now.. I sent it in for the 2nd time for repair (it has been 3 weeks) and they can't seem to find my laptop:) Or have a clue what I am talking about. I will never ever buy a HP anything again. I have spent at least 2 days a week for the last 3 weeks tied up on the phone getting the run around. It's ridiculous.
 13th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
Pathetic response. I got one HP survey, where i rated HP very bad and it was clearly communicated to contact me, but nobody contacted me. Then why the hell customer survey is generated.

Very poor service!
 4th of Oct, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP - Poor service!

I have purchased a HP notebook model no DV2214TU in april 07 got registered for a free TV tuner card the very same day against a DD / chq for rs 500 (redemption code 0G8VQURL0Z). Post this I had also received a confirmation of the clearance of the Chq paid to HP redemption cell in May.

But till date I haven't received my gift till date even after endless reminders and phone calls nothing has happened. Complaint no with HP is CCHSAP111299. Still no resolution.

Am highly dissatisfied and have already asked my friends and colleagues not to buy HP products.
 10th of Nov, 2007 by    0 Votes

HP - Poor service, highly frustrated!

I had called to HP long back and placed the order for Service ( repair ), since my laptop is under warranty. When I could not receive the Box for 7 days I placed a request to then and they sent me the box ( F60988-01). Next day I received a Empty box (with Reference no F60988-01) in which I kept my Laptop and I shipped to HP repair center. I sent the laptop to HP repair center, but the laptop was returned to me after few days without repairing. I again placed the order for repair . I told to customer care this situation. By the time I received the empty box for my first order (F 57107-01). I called Immediately that this is situation shall I send my laptop in this box. They said that i can send my laptop in the box (which was referring to the order no F 57107-01. Its almost 13 days back story. I shipped my laptop to the HP on 30th Oct. from the next day itself I am calling to HP that whether they had received my laptop or not. Just to confirm that they had received it or not. Daily I am calling to Customer care and they just route the call here and there for around 2 hours . Daily i am spending around 2 hours to get the status update but everytime customer care says me that they don't know anything about it. I am highly frustrated and irritated with the response I am getting from customer care. Beware people!

Thanks and Regards,
 16th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

HP - Bad quality product!

I purchased an HP DV 6000 laptop about a year ago, and just recently it quit working, took it to a shop and they said it was the motherboard and video card. I have looked online several times to the forums of this product and it seems that this is a problem by a lot of people and poor customer support from HP on fixing the laptops, shipping dates and additional problems in a short time after it is fixed. I am not going to get involved with even trying to get it serviced, because it will probably be unreliable and i can purchase another one for a little more than the repair bill and headaches.
 16th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes
Is it still under warranty? Why not get if fixed?

Did you see how much it would cost if not on warranty? That would be helpful to make a decision.

9th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

HP - Terrible quality product!

Buyer Beware! I ordered a complete desktop suite from HP, including 19 in monitor, slimline tower and 3-way printer. I specifically asked for a built in modem and the system arrived without a modem. Several calls to overseas people who can't understand or speak English later, they decided to send me another tower with a built in modem. Tower 2 arrived without a modem. Several more calls totaling 4 hours this time resulted in a lucky transfer to Canada where they explained that they don't build in modems anymore. They should have told me this when I ordered, right???

I have logged over 12 hours on the phone and have spoken to over 22 people, only two of which spoke English and weren't named some cutesy american name like "John Wayne" or " Betsy Ross"... sadly I'm not kidding.

Now I am waging another battle via email trying to reach someone in HP Corporate to discuss the ridiculous exchanges and hope to secure some type of rebate or compensation for my time. I am currently on my 7thy email where they keep providing a canned response with a 800 number to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor at that number is in India, can't speak clear English but won't transfer my calls to a U.S. call center because they are the supervisors. Then they tell me there is nothing they can do to compensate me but want to sell me additional HP products.

I am continuing to try to find a real live English speaking person in a suit at HP who would like to keep my business. Wish me luck!!!
 18th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

HP - Horrible support!
Hewlett Packard

I have contacted HP Support with various issues. I purchased the HP Care pack to go along with my expensive laptop for a nice tidy sum of $$. All of which gets me people who do not speak or understand a word of English. This has been the absolutely most frustrating experience. When I do finally get someone who can speak "some" English, the response is incredibly slow. It is clear they have no clue and are following a script. There is ZERO thought process going on at the other end of the phone.

My latest issue is my CPU is pegging at 100%. After 1 hour of clearing out temp space, the tech said I had to completely restore my PC. I asked "what is the cause of the CPU staying at 100%". The response was something about my contract. Now clearly he had no answer and made one up. I just called moments ago to try again. Guess what? When I said I called last night with this issue, the person hung up!! Yes, that's right. Poof! Gone!

I have more stories, but what I'm really looking for is the "phone number" of who to call to get this complaint to someone at HP that can help.

Enough is enough! I want to cancel this USELESS HP Care pack contract and get my money back!!!
 16th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes

HP - Customer dis-service

This is an ongoing saga. You call HP CS. You have to answer some robot; then get put on hold. Then someone answers the phone, asks you for all this information, including model # serial # to check your extended agreement (which someone put the wrong date on, but doesn't matter since the printer is the 2nd one received this year from HP because of problems). Then you get transferred to another phone -- ONLY TO HAVE TO ANSWER ALL THESE same QUESTIONS AGAIN!!!

Now why do they give you a complaint number? Why do they make you repeat the same thing? Why when it's in the computer and person #2 sees it, do they ask you for your full contact info, serial number, type of machine, etc. etc. all over again??

It's plain dumb!!!

This IS A COMPUTER COMPANY!!! and they have a DUMB, customer unfriendly customer dis-service, customer drive us crazy service department.
 25th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I bought a laptop with $100 cashback but they have not given me the money.
 26th of May, 2008 by    0 Votes
I too am having major problems with HP support. Found this page looking for a complaints number or desk or anyone that even appears to be able to help. My computer will not start only beeps when I power it on. I have been given the run around for a week now. Including being told twice they would call me back and dont. At the moment I have been told they have sent the replacement parts to an agent that I have personally spoken to and been told does not do their warranty work any longer. I could go on...
 14th of Jun, 2008 by    0 Votes
check this out...called hp because my photosmart 2710 all in one began kicking me off line whenever hardwired to my hp pavilion notebook dv9610us...I called tech support only to be told that the printer was now out of warranty but for a cool $60.00 they could get me up and running...SCAM! consumer theft!
 15th of Jul, 2008 by    0 Votes

HP - Bad service

I bought a HP laptop at Sam's Club. Yes, it was in the scratch and dent section, marked repaired keyboard, but I was assured that it carried the full HP warranty on it.

(It had a $50 rebate included that I never did receive, as well.)

I had it about two months and the spacebar was a problem--hit it anywhere but dead in the middle, and it would not function. For the most part, I was using the system in medical billing, I installed networks and had to have a fair amount of data from the offices and access to the network.

It was inconvienent, but workable, and I figured that I could get a replacement keyboard from service. Roll on to 8 months after purchase, I contact service and find out that they cannot ship me the replacement part. Not user replaceable.

I'm not the typical user, I did electronic calibration and repair in the AF, and ran two calibration labs. I also repair HP laser printers, and I had just replaced the screen, part of the case, and the DVD drive on a customer's Compaq R3000 laptop. Which meant I had to totally disassemble (and reassemble) the unit.

They sent me the link for the repair/replacement of the keyboard, but they wouldn't send the part.

Well, I still had to have the use of the laptop, so I put it off a bit longer...and so when I called back in November and said that I could finally send the unit, they said the laptop had gone out of warranty. I ended up having to send them a scan of my receipt, and the back of my laptop. After which, I never got a reply, confirmation, or whatever.

All during the time I talked to service, I was dealing with outsourced techs that were in India. Hello, my name is BOB (yeah, right). Only saving grace was that my statics and dynamics professor was Indian and it was at 8am.

I finally bought a keyboard on ebay--for half of what HP parts wanted. And it was still in plastic. Took me 15 minutes to drop it in.
 11th of Aug, 2008 by    0 Votes
I just sent in a compaq to be repaired under warranty, they said I abused the machine and wanted to charge me for an adapter which did not need replacing, I sent it in for an LCD screen which was not functioning. After talking to three different rewps I was told this is policy and it can not be changed.
 23rd of Sep, 2008 by    0 Votes
HP's service is very poor and just an insult to a customer. For a broken hard drive, I've talked to 11 employees, sent 21 emails and still no solution was found, after all these weeks. I finally bought a new hard drive in the store and got my computer running in just a couple of moments again. The laptop was just 4 months old and NO SATISFACTORY SERVICE DELIVERED BY HP!!

I did recommend friends, relatives and colleagues to look out for a brand, other than HP or Compaq.
 13th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

HP - Worst service ever

I started school so my husband and I decided that we needed a computer, We purchased an HP notebook laptop, it was the best buy the store had so we got it, Had everything installed, looked nice, worked nice for the first 3 days then it crashed, so we took it back and got another HP laptop, got everything installed and it looked nice yet again, we took it home worked nice and fast, but wouldn't let me download ANYTHING so yet again we took it back to best buy, and they said they would need to run tests on the computer and someone would call me with in a few hours to let me know what was wrong with my computer, so yet again I was out of a computer. I waited and waited for them to call me and no one did, I ended up calling them, and got put on hold for 45 minutes while they looked up the status of my computer. Then the guy says "your CPU went and needs to be shipped back to the company to get fixed." so I told them to send it back, then he tells me that it will take 4-6 WEEKS to get back. I got flustered and said whatever. I talked it over with my husband and we decided that we could not wait and wanted a new computer. We spoke to an associate and he said to come in and we would talk about this. We went in and they wanted to sell us a beater, that I was not interested in. I mean my computer has to last me my entire college career and my husbands, so we got a Toshiba, and so far it has worked. I mean seriously both computers CPU's going with in a month?? odd and not very likely I don't think they were the best buy after all.
 13th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
My printer was only 5 months old. It would not recognize brand new, HP- brand cartridges installed. Went to self-help on web site--no help. Next, I tried chat support. The tech went through the same steps I already did via self-help. The chat tech was a horrible typist and speller. Email support was next. The emails were confusing, with words all over the place. The same procedure was prescribed that I already tried twice. The email tech thought I was trying to fix a 4315v, not a J4540. Phone support was last, and I could not understand a word the caller said. I gave up, wrote HP headquarters a letter, and said Sayonara for ever.
 25th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have my laptop for service. But at HP Service center they changed by processor.

Hewlett-Packard (HP) Logo Hewlett-Packard (HP)
Customer Care Service