logo

Google
Unauthorized debit of game
4. (19 mins ago)
C & N Imaging Products
Returned products - now they want money
5. (1 hr 33 mins ago)

Scam

Hotwire
Tennessee
"Hotwire Hot Rates"

I just recently, about 20 minutes ago, booked a hotel through Hotwire. I chose the "Hotwire Hot Rate" option. Hotwire hides the hotel name so 'other sites do not know what good of a deal you are getting'. I did not know what the hotel was, however it just seemed like a good idea, a gamble if you will, to try to get this 'ridiculously good deal'. I saved 50 cents.. Yes, 50 cents. I could have used my AAA discount and saved $10 if I had booked from the hotel website and I could have cancelled my reservation with no cancellation charges up to the day before my reservation.

Hotwire... I hope you are happy with yourself. I played into your scam and I am not a happy camper. Now I am stuck with a room that I do not want, don't know if it is smoking or non-smoking, don't know what size or the number of beds and can't cancel my booking. When I went on Hotwire again, I could not even pull up the link that I used to book my hotel. I called Hotwire customer service and all they had to say was that they do not do cancellations, refunds or exchanges.

What kind of business is this? I am not the type of person who takes time to go online and submit a complaint. I will never use Hotwire again and I strongly suggest that you do the same...
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Dec, 2008 by   CherylJ 0 Votes
When I showed up at the Avis counter, after exiting customs from a transatlantic flight, I was told that my prepaid rental was for one week later. I had only made teh reservation 24-36 hours earlier. Much to my delight Avis told me that Hotwire would refund my money because I had not taken possession of a car. I asked for assurances and was given them amply that this was the case. Indeed Avis would not accept money if the car was not taken possession of.

I arrived at my next destination by subway, train and automobile. I had to do this because I was no longer eligible for a discount and Avis wanted about $400 for a 3 day rental.

I immediately called Hotwire and as you might expect they said tough luck. Any company tha makes money from fat fingered typists shoudl be in a hall of sahme. Worse, Avis denied unequivocally that this conversation took place indeed could have taken place when on aocnfernce call with Hotwire.

Shame on Avis. Hotwire is a very questionnable company but you do expect better of Avis. I'm not kidding the conversation I had at the rental counter lasted more than 5 minute. There was no if ands or buts that I would be getting a refucnd and that Avis stood behind it.
 5th of Feb, 2009 by   lalinda26 0 Votes
Hotwire SCAM, I booked a Hotel thru this website, it was a 4 star hotel for a 3 star price "supposedly"
When I got to the hotel (HILTON) they told me that the rate DID NOT included parking, internet, and breakfast, and that if I wanted this services I would have to pay $40 more per night, so I called HOTWIRE to try to get my money back and I was not able to, they told me I'd already agree to the terms, I try speaking to the supervisor and they put me on hold forever I finally gave up and pay the extra fee... DO NOT BOOK THRU HOTWIRE.COM
 4th of Aug, 2009 by   Randy Askew 0 Votes
My scenario was even worse than CherylJ, I booked a rental car with "Dollar Rental Cars" via "Hotwire.com, they sent an email to me confirming the reservation" at 1am in Ft.Lauderdale, get to "Dollar Rental", and they told me they don't accept Visa-Debit Cards. However, "Hotwire.com" had already took the $136.00 for the rental.Called Hotwire more than twenty times, and they have "LIED"about my refund each time, because it's been a whole month my Visa-Debit card hasn't shown the refund, and I've called to verify."Hotwire.com" claimed that it would take 10-days to verify the non-rental with "Dollar Rental Cars, in which they verified within 9-days.But like I've just said, It's been a whole month with "No Refund".
R.Askew
 29th of May, 2010 by   LorenzoVenezian 0 Votes
its a scam, two minutes after booking i checked the hotels website and i could have booked directly for the same price. plus the hotel was a really a half star one. do not use hotwire.
 15th of Jun, 2011 by   Fort Wayner 0 Votes
I booked with Hotwire many times. They lead you to believe through their icons on their star description that you will be getting one of the brands listed. However, in the fine print, it states that they can substitute independent brands of "similar quality". That is exactly what they did, except similar quality is in the eye of the beholder. My wife and mother in law were put in a crack motel called "Tower Motel" in the heart of the ghetto of Long Beach. The motel was so unsafe they had to leave immediately. Hotwire refused to do anything about it even after arguing with their service reps for over an hour. Little do most know that EXPEDIA, Hotels.com and tripadvisor.com are owned by the same company. Don't do business with any of these fraud artists.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   Cherise_xoxo 0 Votes
I booked a 2 star hotel in Atlanta for 3 nights and was charged by hotwire $312 when I checked out of the hotel they asked if i'd like to have a recepit, I said "sure". Took a look at my recepit only to find that I should have charged $250 and they rates hotwire charged me per day were different!!! I called hotwire and was told "you weren't supposed to see the hotel rates, the hotel should not have disclosed that information to you" ..WHAT THE HELL!?!?! THEN they have the NERVE to tell me that I will be given back the difference with "Hot Dollars" so whenever I book again (which is definately never) I can use it towards my next trip. HOTWIRE IS A BIG SCAM!!! NEVER BOOKING THROUGH THEM AGAIN!
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   mark onate 0 Votes
IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT!!
YEAH THATS FOR ALL OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   bribri20 0 Votes
This was supposed to be our first honeymoon and we got scam to fly on jet blue to take one flight to Long beach from Sacramento and then one flight to Las Vegas from long beach and dido on the way back home to Sacramento. Thought it was a hotel and airline package deal found out it was a rip off.
 12th of Jun, 2012 by   DownwithHotwire 0 Votes
I had the same situation with Hotwire.com. I was told the hotel was on Ft. Myers Beach, FL when in actuality (after I confirmed), it's more like a place called Captiva Island, which is about 4 miles south of where I wanted to be. I tried to fight incessantly, but I keep being ignored and mistreated. I am a lawyer, class action suit anyone??

Credit Report Ripoff?