Honda Extended Warranty

Waste of money

Honda Extended Warranty
I purchased a new Honda Civic in the summer of 2002. In April my transmission has broken and I had only 50, 000 miles on it. I contacted a Honda service center and they told me they can't help me because the car is not on the warranty any more.

When I bought this car I also bought an extended warranty that would cover repairs up to 60, 000 miles. I told about this to Honda but because I bought this warranty from a dealership and not from them they could not provide the coverage. At least this is what they told me. They advised me to locate my warranty company and do the repairs with them.

To my disappointment my "extended warranty" company just went bankrupt, and they can't provide any coverage for me either.

Now, Honda would not back up this warranty company and I have to pay for the transmission from my own pocket. Also, I thought Honda products are more reliable...

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful?

24th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Google Honda of Burleson before buying a car, warranty etc.. Ran by a Cyber criminal Henry F. Coffeen III Google Henry COffeen before buying a car from honda of burleson.

Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Burleson Honda-Fraud Alert!
Burleson, Texas
Phone: 888-577-9511

Henry Coffeen is a Fraud. GOogle his name before buying a car. Honda of Burleson is a Scammer. Ran by Con Henry COffeen.
On December 12, 2010 my rear window in my 2006 Honda Accord exploded. I was sitting in my car waiting to pick up my daughter from a church event when there was a terribly load boom, and before my eyes the rear window just fell apart. I thought I was hit by another care, or worse, had been shot at. Glass was all over my car. I was very lucky that my daughter was not in the back seat at the time, and that we were not on the highway, driving at highway speeds.

Christopher of Brecksville, OH Dec. 15, 2010

Here is the letter I sent to Honda:

November 16, 2010

American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Honda Automobile Customer Service