HomeTown Buffet

The most humiliating event in our lives

HomeTown Buffet
Today, we had experience the most humiliating event in our lives. First, before I begin, I would like to add that we are honest people who will never jeopardize our integrity by skipping out on payment for the buffet line for a measly $13. Every Thanksgiving our family has held the tradition to have a lunch at Hometown Buffet. We were having a great time, catching up on each other's lives, since we only see each other 2 times a year. We were there on our third hour, so my brother, being a smoker, step out for a smoke. He came in, was about to drink a ocke when the store manager, Tracey Gradel, took hold of his cup and jacket and falsely accusing him at the top of her lungs that he did not pay and if he does not show proof at that moment that she would have to kick him out. Now everyone in the restaurant was doing the same thing we were doing, minding there own business and chatting with one another until she publicly humiliated our family by harassing and falsely accusing us. Since we were not able to find the receipt of that payment at that time, we asked her to check the register and she also added that they can check the camera to see if payment was done. She came back and said that it was not worth "it to do that for us" and that if we do not show proof of payment because of her laziness to investigate (I'm pretty sure that is included with job title) then they would have to kick us out. Frantically, we were looking for the receipt, we finally found it at the bottom of my sister-in-laws purse. We showed proof, yet there was no remorse for the false accusation she claimed. She was yelling at the top of her voice, and we do have eye witness of what she did. I really do need a reply back from higher management. I don't feel any conflict was resolved justly. I do think she needs to be reprimanded with her actions and undergo extensive "management" training. In addition I do feel we need to be compensated for the event that was lost this Thanksgiving day. There is a right way to approach customers that will not involve public humiliation and harassment. Webster dictionary defines harassment as "to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct 2: to worry and impede by repeated raids.

Frankly she did all this and quite more. All I'm asking is for a simple and just resolution to your customers.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country United States Complaint category Restaurants & Bars

5th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I really hope that lady (the manager) got in some serious trouble for what she did. And on top of that, I hope Hometown gave some sort of ridiculous offer, like a year of Hometown Buffet for free. If they didn't I hope you and all of your friends never go there again.
 16th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

Hometown Buffett - Very dirty

My huaband and i were like the tenth customers we went when they first opend. First of all the cashier didn't know how to use a visa gift card. Second they have acondamint station was unsanitary .Then we take a seat there was a lot of food left from the night before all under the tables.The chairs were nasty and dirty the salt& pepper shakers were very nasty omg i am glad i didn't get sick. And they have a grade a in there window i think the health inspector need to be called .I will never eat at a hometown again
 2nd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes

HomeTown Buffet - Immigrants
Buffets Incorporated

All I know is that the Hometown Buffet in Hawthorne, CA off of 120th and Hawthorne Blvd accepts people with fake ID's and socials to work there and that is completely against the law with the state labor board. I think that hometown buffet should be investigated!! Those jobs are for the American people!!!
 2nd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
Well if this job is for Americans only, then get a job there and shut your mouth!
 2nd of Aug, 2016 by    +1 Votes
How do you know these employees have fake IDs and Social Security numbers and can you prove it? Just because they are immigrants doesn't mean they are illegal. Some of them might even be American citizens, being you say the jobs in that restaurant are for American people. Just because they have different colored skin and speak with an accent doesn't mean they are illegal. Can you be absolutely positive that every single one of your ancestors arrived in the USA legally? I bet there isn't any way that can be proven, and then there is the fact that I would be willing to bet all of them couldn't speak English with or without an accent for sometime after arriving in the USA. Before being so judgmental you should be sure of the accusations that you make.

HomeTown Buffet Logo HomeTown Buffet