logo

Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Home Depot, Saint Petersburg, Florida Complaints & Reviews - Flooring contractor

Home Depot Contacts & Informations

Home Depot

Posted:    super'D

Flooring contractor

Home Depot
Pinellas County
Saint Petersburg, Florida
www.homedepot.com
Home Depot unlike other major home improvement companies subcontracts all of their flooring installations out to a company named USIG (US INSTALLATIONS GROUP) and this company hires in contractors at a very below average price per square foot. Then on a regular basis (every week) their accountant conveniently forgets to send one or two of their installers checks for the work performed. USIG relies on unsuspecting contractors who haven't yet heard of the shortcomings of others to take the place of the disgruntled contractors and repeats the process of holding contractors pay for various bogus reasons. USIG usually ends up keeping the contractors last check or two for no reason other than the contractor refuses to continue working for them. Once these contractors are disgruntled they are displaying poor installation tactics, therefore you likely have less than a 50% chance of getting a quality flooring installation done. I suggest you use a local retail flooring store or one who advertises on t.v. regularly for installation services. They will most likely use an in house contractor which they oversee and pay regularly, therefore prompting a quality install.
Comments United States Flooring Installation
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Sep, 2008 by   Brian Anglisano +1 Votes
I used to be one of those Installers I used to Fix All those mess ups Covering my but so USIG would not pull the same thing on me In the end when the economy went down they found every minor repair like a piece of quarter round and charged me 500.00 dollars to fix a five minute 1 Nail Fix That company Is crooked they steal and they owe me alot of money they make you sign paperwork while your working for them so you can't put alean on a house to get your money Their president and owner Bruce Deluca has ran 3 other buisnesses Into Bankrupcy and Home Depot Puts up with them Anglisano Flooring LLC (darkwolf2348@yahoo.com
 16th of Jan, 2009 by   AUDbal82 +1 Votes
BIG BUSINESS DOING WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE MONEY

My step father and his brother are experiencing this same issue right now. They worked for a local carpet company for 15 years and then the crash hit and the busisness went under. And this sent my step father and his brother looking for work. With our economy in ruins they were happy to finally find a company that had business - HOME DEPOT/USIG. But now ... as much as it seems to pay the bills, the company is shorting them left and right, just as described in the original post and the other comments made by Brian Anglisano.

It's disgusting what they are doing to their employee's/sub contractors AND customsers.

DISGUSTING.

People are trying to make a living and feed thier families, but USIG is sitting back laughing it off.
 11th of Mar, 2009 by   Puppet +1 Votes
Folks

Bruce is trailer trash~ Tony Whit anf John are his pupets. Keep going- there are better things in life.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   The tape guy +1 Votes
USIG rips off both the installers and the people who measure for the flooring installation. Accounting has some stupid excuse every other week why the checks didn't get sent to the measure/installation people. USIG pays less than any other company because they KNOW the market is low right now. When the State and Federal people FINALLY get around to investigate USIG and their business practices and how they rip off customers they will finally be shut down FOR GOOD! I would'nt let Home Depot/USIG install flooring in my DOG HOUSE much less even enter my home. If you shop at Home Depot...BEWARE! Go someplace safe like Lowe's or a local Mom and Pop where they still have honor and dignity and care aboout their customers.
 1st of Dec, 2009 by   2late +1 Votes
I fully agree, having 1st hand experience with USIG. If you do make the mistake of using HD and USIG, complain and demand your money back. They will give it to you. Their thinking is money will make any problem go away.
 22nd of Mar, 2010 by   BetUwannaKnow +1 Votes
I agree that USIG is the worst company I've ever dealt with. But I'm an installer and work there not by choice but neccessity. If you do demand your money back it is given back to you with no problems because they take it straight from the installer. There is alot of hacks that do work there but as for the good installers like myself( that has paid for full jobs because the customer did exactly what your saying to do), only complain if it is a complaint and remember that the installers are NOT USIG. You will get your money back no problem, but it's the installers pay that you are taking. USIG has no backbone and their kness start knocking when any issue arises that may involve Home Depot. They will do ANYTHING to make it not their issue even if it is. They have to maintain a high v.o.c.( voice of customer ) or Home Depot will cut them when in actuallity they would of been cut already but there is no other company big enough to take over right away. If there was, USIG would of been cut a while ago. Not only customers and installers hate USIG, their own staff hates their jobs. I've never seen anything like it before. It's only a matter of time before you get fired if you work for them. In 3 years I've seen the office personel change 8 times!!! Their vice president is a 26 year old ex-head cahier who doesn't know her ass from her elbow and is fire happy. Their mentallity is if someone in their staff isn't cutting it, they fire them without counseling or retraining and replace them with someone new that has no experience. Yeah, that'll fix it. This is one reason why no one ever knows what they're doing. This comapny has no heart, no backbone and no idea what they're doing. And as far as Home Depot goes, why do they hire a sub to hire subs????????? It used to be installers working directly for Home Depot. No middle man, no confusion. Installers got paid what they should which in return good installers worked there. Lowes still does it that way. I garauntee you get a better install with Lowes, not to bash myself. So wake up Home Depot. Read some complaints. Get rid of the middle man and hire direct again. Installers know how to run their own business better then a bunch of unhappy, disgruntled, unknowledgable USIG employees.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by   carpeter34 +2 Votes
I cannot believe I found people who think exactly as I do about USIG, it is unbelievable how they rip installers out of paycheck, they hold payment for 3 weeks; ask for the highest insurance liability to cover themselves, They also keep $3,500 from every installer, supposedly they return that money to the installer after a year of not working for USIG, now this company has that money from every installer, and they are country wide, does Bruce de Luca invest that money? Makes interest on that money? And more importantly has anyone gotten that full amount back after leaving USIG and a year has passed? All Bruce de Luca wants is money in HIS pocket. A customer calls to complaint for anything the gift card she gets is deducted from the installer’s check! People, how much do you pay to Home Depot to have the furniture moved from the rooms before the installation?? Care to know how much the installer gets… $5 (yes five dollars), you are better off negotiating a tip of $10 to the installer, you save money the installer get more and HD gets what they deserve! Get smart people…!!!
 9th of Jul, 2010 by   mickeybr 0 Votes
I want to do EVERYTHING I can to expose USIG and get Home Depot to drop them. I made the mistake of getting Home Depot to install carpet and now I have a 14 inch crack down the middle of tile in the shower of my master bathroom. This crack is directly (measurable) adjacent to the baseboard of the closet where USIG installed the carpet. They must have really banged on that baseboard. I meade the mistake of not even thinking on inspecting adjacent rooms and when I finally found the issue cleaning the shower 10 days later over the weekend, the company and insurance (for USIG and Home Depot) denied my claim because I reported in 13 days later and signed the release form. It seemed really suspicious that the installers were adamant I sign that form before they walked out that door.

Now because of water damage (through a leak in our kitchen) I need to replace the carpet in one of our bedrooms. While I ordered in through Home Depot because it was the easiest and cheapest, I told them that I could not have USIG install it as I'm still fighting over the shower issue with them.

I don't think I'll get any legal solution because of signing that form, but I sure can setup a Facebook page for all to join and comment. Once I get the thing completely setup (with pictures of the damage). I will post the link here for all that have had issues with Home Depot and USIG can join to show Home Depot that it's in their best interest to DUMP USIG.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   mickeybr 0 Votes
Ok... here's the link to my new facebook page. Anyone want to comment about Home Depot and USIG, please join and see what kind of exposure we can get on Facebook.
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   scifitoy2003 0 Votes
Looking for any infomation about Bruce deluca past.
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   gratis 0 Votes
Bruce is a scumbag. A word to investors, don't let the facade fool you. He treats his employees like toilet peper (40 grit). His character is so lacking that he is the poster child for what not to do in your life.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   HFS DESIGNS 0 Votes
Wow I can't believe this is happening !! USIG (HOME DEPOT ) is a nightmare. I subcontracted there too, and I thought I was the only one they were doing this to. How about when installing tile you (subcontractor) had to provide backerboard and nails, while they charged customers as well Where did this money go to... so basically we the subcontractors got paid with OUR OWN MONEY !!! They are unfair and using people left and right.
My question is that WHY CAN'T WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND HAVE A LEGAL ACTION TAKEN AGAINST THEM, THIS IS UNETHICAL !
 8th of Jan, 2011 by   CathyBusiness 0 Votes

•American Bullnose East Inc.
•Business Integrating Technologies, Inc.
•Business Integrating Technologies, LLC
•Depot On Wheels, Inc.
•Esoftware Solutions, Inc.
•First Choice Marketing Solutions, Inc.
•Interior Design Outlet Center, Inc.
•Medefile Marketing Inc.
•Profitmax America, Inc.
•Special Finance Consultants, Inc.
•U.S. Custom Furniture Inc
•U.S. Flooring Installation Inc.
•Ultimate Trucking Inc.
•US Development Group of Florida, Inc.

write to corporate Home Depot and ask them whose pockets are being greased that this Company is still installing for them? That's what it's all about. Unfortunately, things are that corrupt! He would be gone in the Home Depot in Georgia/South Carolina/Georgia.
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   dixiepearl 0 Votes
Need information on District Manager Lisa MArtin
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   dixiepearl 0 Votes
Need information on District Manager Lisa MArtin. Having HUGE problems with her accountability of damage to an antique piano. She is trying to get the cheapest person to refinish the damage.
 9th of Mar, 2011 by   BefuddledGeorgia 0 Votes
Looking into Bruce's past? Is he really from Florida, does he invest, does he live in several states, who are his cohort's...first & last names would be good. Who is Anthony, who is Heather, who is Lisa, who is Rueben, does anybody have a picture or Bruce? Thank you in advance for posting...
 4th of May, 2011 by   carpet king 0 Votes
Bruce Deluca lives in Boca raton. You can find his adresss by simply going to the palm beach tax apraisers office web site.
 4th of May, 2011 by   carpet king 0 Votes
Also the owner Bernie Marcus lives in Boca too. Probaly could write to him too.
 7th of Feb, 2012 by   concernedinstaller +1 Votes
Wonder if he can pass a background check now??

Man Arrested At Caruso’s In Boca Raton For Allegedly Battering Ex Girlfriend
December 7, 2011 12:17 pmBy BocaNewsNow.com Staff
Bruce DeLuca | Booking Photo
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police arrested Bruce Deluca and charged him with grand theft and simple battery — what they are calling “dating violence” — at Caruso’s which is at 187 SE Mizner Blvd. According to police, DeLuca battered his “estranged” girlfriend and took her cell phone without permission. He was turned over to the Palm Beach County Jail where is being held on $3, 000 bond. DeLuca lists his residence as an apartment at 1 North Ocean in Boca.
 18th of May, 2012 by   State Certified General Contractor 0 Votes
I am a native contractor born and raised here (Florida). Our company is state licensed to perform general construction. We are in the boat getting ripped off!!! We don't want to continue to work for them but like above they hold your pay and if you want to quit they charge you 2, 500 from your retain age pay. I take pride in doing quality work and am so thankful Home Depot only makes up .25% of my company income. Doing poor work is not the answer because its a waste of time but. THE MANAGEMENT ARE LIARS UNDER AND QUALIFIED. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY! DO NOT HAVE THIS COMPANY STEP FOOT IN YOUR HOUSE! I would love to hire them to f*** with them but its not the installers fault and it would only hurt the installer. I am lucky because we have 75% of my work coming from others (home owners & builders). The above is true.

Where to Find 60,000 Speed Traps Nationwide