logo

Rooms Furniture & Accessories
Rooms Furniture & Accessories
3. (8 mins ago)
EZ Body Slimmer
Need to bring back the original ingredients!!!!
4. (13 mins ago)

Home Depot

Posted: 2011-02-16 by    Klaus,

Military discount

Pennsylvania
I was a customer of Home Depot, and as a veteran used the discount they offered to us. Last weekend went into the Glen Mills store and wanted to purchase the items I would need to redo a floor in a bathroom. When I went to check out I was told they changed their policy. Now the discount was only offered to active, retired or those with a service connected problem. I put the items back and went to Lowes where the military discount was not only accepted but I was thanked for my service. A veteran is a veteran. I served for six years and spent a year in Viet Nam. But since I was one of the fortunate that made it back without being injured, my service is deemed not good enough to qualify for the discount. I called Home Depot to see if what I was told at the store was in fact the company policy and the person I spoke with told me it was. There are millions of us out there that served our country with pride, even during a time when it was not a popular thing to have done. I for one am proud of my service and thrilled that I was one of the lucky one's that made it back alive. Think about my comments before you decide which big box home improvement store you decide to shop in. Thank for the chance to pass this along. Klaus
Comments United States Retail Stores
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Feb, 2011 by   joey0923 0 Votes
Not all businesses give discounts to military veterans. Thats why I always inquire first. Home Depot gives you a 10% discount on Veterans Day and Memorial Day. I, too am a veteran. I work for the Home Depot. The Home Depot loves its veterans as evidenced by the many veterans that work there. I challenge you to go into any Home Depot at any given time and that person with the apron or the orange shirt on there is about 60% chance that worker was in the military. I am an Iraq war veteran. I have met so many other veterans at Home Depot from a few of our wars and the different branches of service. Each one has a unique story to tell. We are also allowed to wear hats that show with which military branch we were affiliated with our Home Depot uniform. I can also tell you when i was in Iraq, Home Depot donated alot of the lumber that we used to build our hooch, our supply rooms, our arms rooms, our d-fac's, our barracks, our battalion offices, our brigade offices. all that wood was donated by Home Depot. I'm sorry you didn't get your discount but you overlooked so many good things that the Home Depot does for military and ex-military. Thank You for your service!
 28th of Mar, 2011 by   Bcraun 0 Votes
Klaus, I am with you 100%. When I asked about it a few months ago, a Customer Service Rep. told me: "The Home Depot is dedicated to supporting and honoring our men and women in uniform through our business practices, recruitment efforts and corporate contributions. We offer this discount to thank them for their outstanding service to this nation and to help make their homes more comfortable and safe". While I applaud the Home Depot for offering a discount to Veterans, who don't get nearly the recognition that we deserve, their military discount policy is discriminatory and hypocritical. Their statement should read: "We offer this discount to SOME Veterans, but not all of them". Why is my service less worthy to The Home Depot than my neighbors? Because he served for 20 years, and I only served 6? I want someone form The Home Depot to explain it to me and not just tell me "I'm terribly sorry, but that's just the way we do it". I want someone who was involved in the descision making process to explain to me why they view my co worker is more worthy of their thanks than I am because he was medically discharged because of back pain 'allegedly' caused from riding in a Humvee on rough terrain. He was discharged, with benefits, BEFORE ever being deployed. Their policy is not only hypocritical, but very Orwellian with it's "Some are more equal than others" undertone.
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   dave march 0 Votes
I to feel discrimated againest I PROUDLY served 1964 thru 1970.{semper fidelis}...Idought anybody involved in the descision making at homedepot. knows what that mean's . My neighbor and I [He is a disabeled vet] were denined the 10% discount on $1500.00+ worth of windows.We went to lowe's and got the discount and the respect we deserve.
 10th of May, 2011 by   Jenniferin Griffin 0 Votes
I don't understand this at all. I have been at HD for over a year, we have always had a veterans discount, at least at my store. All you have to do is prove you are a veteran and there you go. HD loses an unbelievable amount of money every year on these discounts, and yes, they have considered doing away with the discount because of it, but they didn't . They kept it because we DO feel that sense of pride for the people who served our country.

Pictures Are Also Used For Romance Scam!

Latest Groups