logo

Hertz, California Complaints & Reviews - Non payment of insurance claims

Hertz Contacts & Informations

Hertz

Posted:    Ermaconnors21

Non payment of insurance claims

Erma Connors
California
I had an accident over a year ago and the other party had a Hertz insurance. The accident gave me and my husband a soft tissue injury and we stacked up on bills like rented car while our car was being fixed, and other expenses we would never have incurred if we have not been in tha accident. There were witnesses and the police report stated that we are not at fault. Until now one year later we have not yet settled with Hertz. They have adjusters who are liars and have no regards for the law. The Hertz adjuster I spoke to, spoke poorly about the officers of the law who did our police report, and this I found disturbing. The company refused to pay our rented car, stating that there was no agreement that they will pay for those other expenses. What angered me about all this incident is that we never asked for this accident to happen. On my part, as an injured party, I only wanted to get what I felt was taken from me. My time, stress, physical pain, mental anguished and personal injury, and property damamge. My point in all this experience is that whenever you decide to get a rented car or even get an insurance make sure it isn't from Hertz or you'll only get harassed and a very long and disappointing wait.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Nov, 2009 by   Waiting in Vain 0 Votes
Did you compile a (pre law suit ) claims package with bills and send it to Hertz ? I was struck by a Herz driver and have not heard a single thing from Hertz or had a phone call returned after leaving Messages twice per day.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by   lilew 0 Votes
I had an accident caused by a Hertz driver (their fault) and am not getting any replies from Hertz. Three days have passed since the accident and no adjusters have responded, I only reach an answer service when I call the Company. TERRIBLE customer service. I used to rent cars from Hertz but will no longer do so. I think responsible drivers and companies should NOT rent cars from Hertz.
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   tom burton 0 Votes
my brand new 2010 chevy truck was hit with over $10, 000 in damage by a hertz driver and since she didnt pay for the extra insurance hertz says they cannot be held responsible so it will have to go on my insurance. i think that it is horrible they can allow a car on the road like that
 17th of Apr, 2013 by   MTR2817 0 Votes
I was hit by someone driving a hertz rental 4/1213. I haven't recieved a call back after leaving several messages. I have only made one payment on my brand new 2013 ford fusion. All I want to do is to get fixed.

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups