Hertz

Posted:

Non payment of insurance claims

Erma Connors
California
I had an accident over a year ago and the other party had a Hertz insurance. The accident gave me and my husband a soft tissue injury and we stacked up on bills like rented car while our car was being fixed, and other expenses we would never have incurred if we have not been in tha accident. There were witnesses and the police report stated that we are not at fault. Until now one year later we have not yet settled with Hertz. They have adjusters who are liars and have no regards for the law. The Hertz adjuster I spoke to, spoke poorly about the officers of the law who did our police report, and this I found disturbing. The company refused to pay our rented car, stating that there was no agreement that they will pay for those other expenses. What angered me about all this incident is that we never asked for this accident to happen. On my part, as an injured party, I only wanted to get what I felt was taken from me. My time, stress, physical pain, mental anguished and personal injury, and property damamge. My point in all this experience is that whenever you decide to get a rented car or even get an insurance make sure it isn't from Hertz or you'll only get harassed and a very long and disappointing wait.

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

4th of Nov, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Did you compile a (pre law suit ) claims package with bills and send it to Hertz ? I was struck by a Herz driver and have not heard a single thing from Hertz or had a phone call returned after leaving Messages twice per day.
 4th of Dec, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I had an accident caused by a Hertz driver (their fault) and am not getting any replies from Hertz. Three days have passed since the accident and no adjusters have responded, I only reach an answer service when I call the Company. TERRIBLE customer service. I used to rent cars from Hertz but will no longer do so. I think responsible drivers and companies should NOT rent cars from Hertz.
 15th of Dec, 2010 by    +1 Votes
my brand new 2010 chevy truck was hit with over $10, 000 in damage by a hertz driver and since she didnt pay for the extra insurance hertz says they cannot be held responsible so it will have to go on my insurance. i think that it is horrible they can allow a car on the road like that
 17th of Apr, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I was hit by someone driving a hertz rental 4/1213. I haven't recieved a call back after leaving several messages. I have only made one payment on my brand new 2013 ford fusion. All I want to do is to get fixed.
 4th of Aug, 2015 by    0 Votes
They have Proven They will not Play Fair, Keep posting your experiences.

I have a site, Will not post link out of courtesy to this site, specifically oriented to this complaint.

My Insurance company will not assist me with an UNINSURED DRIVER claim, because the DRIVER supposedly was insured, and the Oregon DOJ, and Attorneys are just not understanding. Just because I won the Suit against the Driver, doesn't mean they have to pay it. Hertz only owns the car, and is self insured for the replacement of that car... not yours.. your car is crap, I can tell just by NOT looking, that you have the lowest trim, High Mileage, Bad Paint, Old tires, well, tires are tires, whether they are brand new or not, they don't count.

Here is a comparison car, no VIN, Wrong Model, Wrong style, wrong trim, and they don't exist. I looked, 06/24/2008.

You know they allow you to upload your images, MAYBE they will find them. Maybe not, depends on if they look or not. See also, CCC Valuescope, CCC one, and other CCC news in the archives, and you will see this is not the first time this has been brought to the attention of OUR State, as in 2007, one year before Hertz Rentals Driver hit my vehicle, Oregon Closed that loophole with ORS 20.080.

Obviously didn't work, as I am still waiting 2, 683 days, 5 hours, 53 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4 seconds for a fair offer.

Best of Luck to you all and thank you for Posting your Experiences with Hertz Claims Management, even if it is so we don't feel alone. :)

Hertz Logo Hertz