Hearst Magazines

subscription fraud

Hearst Communications
The Good Housekeeping Magazine web site posts several sweepstakes offers (contests). To enter, you type your name, postal address, & email address onto a form. Presto! You're just subscribed to Good Housekeeping. Even if you select an Unsubscribe link, invoices start coming. This is fraud. I no longer trust Good Housekeeping - & they pretend to be consumer advocates. Ha! Not true.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
same thing just happened to me.. I told them not to send them and they did anyway with a bill. They never reply either.
Should i return to sender ?
 19th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
This happened to me yesterday... & I don't ever read magazines. I'm trying to cancel it even though I did not mean to order them. I feel like they tricked me.
 3rd of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Happened to me too, I only subscribed to a sweepstakes & never agreed or wanted a subsciption to Good Housekeeping! Now I received a letter from Sunrise Credit Services, a collection agency! I am outraged!!! They should be sued! What crooks!!!
 8th of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
 1st of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
Shawn ott is a scammer ..
He took our money for parts he never bought, ripped our boat apart and stole our boat seats. Boat sat there for weeks never being worked on.
Wouldnt answer our calls or the door.
Had to get the police to get our boat back.
They know this is happening but would do nothing about it...
Where's the justice !