logo

3. (14 mins ago)
Travelocity
Scam and cheating!
4. (27 mins ago)
Market Traders Institute (MTI)
Fraudulous marketing and false guarantee
5. (33 mins ago)

Groupon.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Maison

Fraudulant credit card charges

Groupon.com
On Sept. 18th I purchased a 50% off coupon for the Gap($50.00 coupon for $25.00). When I found I had to wait 3-4 days for the email coupon I immediate requested a refund. I was responded to quickly and the charge hit on the 22nd and a credit was posted on the 23rd.

This was all good, but then on the 24th I received a call from Capital one due to unusual charges to this same card. They started on the 22nd and the Groupon charge appeared again, then there was a Pizza Hut charge, 2 Skype charges (15.00 ea), 2 Netflix charges and more. I do not use Skype phone and I am not a Netflix Memmber and have not been to a Pizza hut in 15 years. Then after the card was canceled on the 24th there was another email for Groupon saying they could not process my order due to the card being declined.

Groupon had a severe security breach or they have an untrustworthy employee in charge of confidential information.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2010 by   paul boulanger 0 Votes
this company fills my mail box every day, and wont stop
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   redfish1228 0 Votes
It happened to me as well. I recently purchase a $20 deal for only $10 for Soap.com n 9/17. And on 9/20 received a phone call from Chase due to several unusual charges around $500 to my card that happened on 9/19 and 9/20. Fortunately Chase will takes care of it.
Groupon buyers must be careful when purchasing deals from Groupon.
 3rd of Dec, 2010 by   Dan Britza 0 Votes

Groupon.com - Billing
1629 Pierce Street
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
Phone: 724-375-2183

I did not renew my subscription. Please credit my AMEX account for $59.00.
This is an un authorized charge.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   sip 0 Votes
Yet another groupon casualty!!! The first instance followed the soap.com purchase as above. Someone from NY charged my CC $250+ followed by a $1900 jewelry charge (which was preceeded by a bait charge of a few pennies.) Luckily this is when USbank, my CC company, caught the $1900 charge ahead of time. They sent me a new card. A month after I began using the new card, another fraudulent charge followed yet another groupon charge. This time the fraudulent charge is by a company called Tmark Inc. out of Long Island NY for a small amount (called bait charge) that my CC company caught yet again. Usually large sums would follow these bait charges. It is my feeling that this stuff is being done internally at Groupon. They must have an untrustworthy employee in charge of confidential information. Please stop this Groupon I will not frequent your service until you clean your house.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Wisconsin Member 0 Votes
Just this past week, I bought a Groupon deal. The next day there were four fraudulent charges. My card was suspended. This is the second time this has happened with a Groupon charge. I think I might just need to rethink my Groupon membership.
 23rd of Apr, 2011 by   -Zzyzx 0 Votes
I purchased a Groupon deal on 4.20 and and on 4.22 I received a call from my CC company inquiring about potentially fraudulent charges. My CC info was used at a Target in NY for about $50 initially, then 9 more charges for exactly $150. It's not possible for me to say that my info was leaked through Groupon or somehow expoloited through their phone app, however, I can say that it was the only charge that I made that was out of my normal routine.
 5th of May, 2011 by   hope 97 0 Votes
We just found $70 worth of pizza and other stuff in Chicago (where Groupon is) on our credit card. I used Groupon for the first time last month. This is the first time we have had a credit card breach. I assume the incidents are related.
 22nd of May, 2011 by   Jillidrizow 0 Votes

Groupon.com - Didn't work
Groupon.com

I purchased the Chicago Coldwater Creek coupon and have attempted to use it by following the directions printed on the Groupon, but the Coldwater Creek site keeps telling me that the code is invalid. I want my groupon to work or I want my money back!
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   Hooled 0 Votes

Groupon.com - They sell me a voucher for 185 $ tablet android and the voucher code doesn't work
groupon.com

They sell me a voucher for 185 $ tablet android and the voucher code doesn't work and the store say i need to see with groupon. Groupon Never return my email.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   not Groupon lover 0 Votes
On Dec 3/11, I paid for a Groupon deal about 5:30 pm and then cancelled it within 4 hours. A few hours later, on Dec 4, a $1046 charge went through. Then, immediately 2 charges to Apple Store totalling about $1100. On Dec 5, another $1046 to 1-800 Flowers charged again. Total = $3300 approximate. Bank suspended my card and told me when I phoned them. I almost never use credit card online, so I suspect the Groupon purchase caused this to happen right after. Never again.
 19th of Dec, 2011 by   Dobzek 0 Votes

Groupon.com - I really do not see this business lasting another 3-5 years
groupon.com

Horrible customer service. They pride themselves on this but have consistently failed to deliver. I really do not see this business lasting another 3-5 years.
 11th of Jan, 2012 by   Nouble 0 Votes

Groupon.com - We also got ripped off by groupon
groupon.com

We also got ripped off by groupon. purchased some bedding which never turned up. we contacted trading standards who tried several times to contact groupon but were unsuccessful.
 17th of Jan, 2012 by   Omglave 0 Votes

Groupon.com - I bought 3 deals and 2 of them were complete fake companies which did not exist
groupon.com

Complete scam!! I bought 3 deals and 2 of them were complete fake companies which did not exist. DO NOT USE.
 30th of Jan, 2012 by   Billiare 0 Votes

Groupon.com - Not very good deals
groupon.com

Groupon has what they say is a deal. Garmin GPS for $144.00. Amazon has the same one for $129.00. So much for the 50% off they say price includes. Always check other sites or call the business directly. It's likely get the same deal maybe a little better.
 5th of Mar, 2012 by   Koobera 0 Votes

Groupon.com - Groupon concept is good as long as they can deliver, but they don't
groupon.com

They are horrible. You cannot trust them. I bought a ticket to see a show and two hours before the show they sent me an email stating that the deal had been canceled. That action was despicable. Never again. I hope they go out of business. The Groupon concept is good as long as they can deliver, but they don't.
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Kalbake 0 Votes

Groupon.com - Waste of $30 and several hours of my life
groupon.com

Never responded to e-mails when my voucher wouldn't work (online code for a race). Race director refused to honor it. Waste of $30 and several hours of my life. I will never buy another Groupon again. Buyer beware!
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by   Albake51 0 Votes

Groupon.com - The deals are not that special
groupon.com

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, Brooke W is one of the rudest supervisors. The deals are not that special, the merchants up mark their products/services so it seems you are getting a good deal.
 5th of Apr, 2012 by   Nakene 0 Votes

Groupon.com - I have asked Groupon for a refund of my money and have only received robo-messages
groupon.com

The business that I purchased an item for would not redeem the Groupon. I have asked Groupon for a refund of my money and have only received robo-messages.
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   Boliete 0 Votes

Groupon.com - Purchased & paid 4 deal Feb 2012, nothing received
groupon.com

Purchased & paid 4 deal Feb 2012, nothing received; Groupon refuse refund says I have to go direct to supplier who is not replying to my inquiry. Buyers should BEWARE of Groupon Australia.
 6th of May, 2012 by   Naitruve 0 Votes

Groupon.com - I recommend everyone to stay away from goods sold on Groupon
groupon.com

I recommend everyone to stay away from goods sold on Groupon, it is impossible to return anything once you purchase it no matter how dissatisfied you may be. This is very poor customer service. But I still think that it is worth buying Groupon for services, but not for goods.

How to Avoid Investment Scams