logo

Eli Fine Cars
rip off
2. (41 mins ago)
dresses1000.com
Ignore communication and no delivery
3. (59 mins ago)

Groupon.com

Posted:    Maison

Fraudulant credit card charges

Groupon.com
On Sept. 18th I purchased a 50% off coupon for the Gap($50.00 coupon for $25.00). When I found I had to wait 3-4 days for the email coupon I immediate requested a refund. I was responded to quickly and the charge hit on the 22nd and a credit was posted on the 23rd.

This was all good, but then on the 24th I received a call from Capital one due to unusual charges to this same card. They started on the 22nd and the Groupon charge appeared again, then there was a Pizza Hut charge, 2 Skype charges (15.00 ea), 2 Netflix charges and more. I do not use Skype phone and I am not a Netflix Memmber and have not been to a Pizza hut in 15 years. Then after the card was canceled on the 24th there was another email for Groupon saying they could not process my order due to the card being declined.

Groupon had a severe security breach or they have an untrustworthy employee in charge of confidential information.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Sep, 2010 by   paul boulanger 0 Votes

marketing harasment stop emailing me - Groupon.com

this company fills my mail box every day, and wont stop
 27th of Sep, 2010 by   redfish1228 0 Votes
It happened to me as well. I recently purchase a $20 deal for only $10 for Soap.com n 9/17. And on 9/20 received a phone call from Chase due to several unusual charges around $500 to my card that happened on 9/19 and 9/20. Fortunately Chase will takes care of it.
Groupon buyers must be careful when purchasing deals from Groupon.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   sip 0 Votes
Yet another groupon casualty!!! The first instance followed the soap.com purchase as above. Someone from NY charged my CC $250+ followed by a $1900 jewelry charge (which was preceeded by a bait charge of a few pennies.) Luckily this is when USbank, my CC company, caught the $1900 charge ahead of time. They sent me a new card. A month after I began using the new card, another fraudulent charge followed yet another groupon charge. This time the fraudulent charge is by a company called Tmark Inc. out of Long Island NY for a small amount (called bait charge) that my CC company caught yet again. Usually large sums would follow these bait charges. It is my feeling that this stuff is being done internally at Groupon. They must have an untrustworthy employee in charge of confidential information. Please stop this Groupon I will not frequent your service until you clean your house.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Wisconsin Member 0 Votes
Just this past week, I bought a Groupon deal. The next day there were four fraudulent charges. My card was suspended. This is the second time this has happened with a Groupon charge. I think I might just need to rethink my Groupon membership.
 23rd of Apr, 2011 by   -Zzyzx 0 Votes
I purchased a Groupon deal on 4.20 and and on 4.22 I received a call from my CC company inquiring about potentially fraudulent charges. My CC info was used at a Target in NY for about $50 initially, then 9 more charges for exactly $150. It's not possible for me to say that my info was leaked through Groupon or somehow expoloited through their phone app, however, I can say that it was the only charge that I made that was out of my normal routine.
 5th of May, 2011 by   hope 97 0 Votes
We just found $70 worth of pizza and other stuff in Chicago (where Groupon is) on our credit card. I used Groupon for the first time last month. This is the first time we have had a credit card breach. I assume the incidents are related.
 7th of Dec, 2011 by   not Groupon lover 0 Votes
On Dec 3/11, I paid for a Groupon deal about 5:30 pm and then cancelled it within 4 hours. A few hours later, on Dec 4, a $1046 charge went through. Then, immediately 2 charges to Apple Store totalling about $1100. On Dec 5, another $1046 to 1-800 Flowers charged again. Total = $3300 approximate. Bank suspended my card and told me when I phoned them. I almost never use credit card online, so I suspect the Groupon purchase caused this to happen right after. Never again.
 13th of Jun, 2012 by   Alsokee 0 Votes

They didn't pay me - Groupon.com

Not good. they did not pay me.
 14th of Jun, 2012 by   Alichey 0 Votes

Groupon.com is very misleading - Groupon.com

Refused a refund after the store and groupon were misleading!!!

Fight Back Against Identity Theft