logo

Barcalounger Corporation
Poor business practices!
3. (5 mins ago)
savefromcancer.org
Fraudulent charges and no idea how to stop them
4. (11 mins ago)
savefromcancer.org
Seller ignores customers and doesn’t deliver orders
5. (13 mins ago)

Green Dot MoneyPak

Posted:    Cindy Griffin

Stolen Money

Green Dot Moneypak
I purchased a green dot moneypak card at my local WalMart and loaded $25.00 onto it. When I tried to activate and use my card I was told that the card had already been activated and my money was gone. I called the complaint line for the company and was asked to fax a copy of the front and back of the card and also the receipt from WalMart. I did so and received a fax confirmation on July 20, 2009. I have repeatedly called the company which denied receiving the fax. They will not help me any further until they receive the fax. I verified that I had the correct fax number and still they continue to deny receiving this. I will continue to try however I would advice anyone else to refrain from doing business with this company.
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jul, 2009 by   houston21 0 Votes
I bought the moneypak with the amount of $500 from green dot at a local walgreen for the first time on June 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM. On June 23, 2009, I tried to use this card to pay some bills but they said that all $500 was already withdraw into an account. I call their Lost & Stolen department to report right away and explain that I did not authorise this transation. They asked me to submit the original receipt for processing. I fax the receipt to them on the same day June 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM. And I even called 10 min later to make sure they received the fax and they verified that it was received. They instructed me to wait for two bussiness day. I called back after two days and they have not process the paper work and asked me to wait for another two business day. I called back four days later, they said that they will not process my claim any further due to the money was paid to a business and that was it. This is my first time using this kind of financial service and they are one of the largest company providing such product and service.
As I explain to Green Dot representative that I did not give any authorization nor provide pin for any business transactions. This money was stolen from me right after I bought the the card at local Walgreen or it may not even load into my card. If Green Dot can advise that the $500 was loaded to a "Partner Card belonging to another customer" then who is this customer. I want proof, name, and transaction receipt, etc. They should investigate further rather concluded that I "may have attempted to use the MoneyPak" after I told them that I did not activation the pin numbers. Since they are a big corporation, they can just say whatever they want to. Isn't that what their "Lost & Stolen" department for? Must I file the police report for this lost and stolen to get the service to pursue the investigation further with them? What kind of support is this for their product to the consumer? My claim should be good enough for them to find out who stole this money. I still want them to track this money down to whoever that they said from the partner card customer and refund my stolen money. My Houston police report case number is 099926009 but they will not do anything unless a subpoena is served.
 25th of Jul, 2009 by   Gina69 0 Votes
I understand how she must feel, after all, with economy now in these days to give away 500 bucks just like that is kinda hard. What she should've done was go to better business bureau and file a complaint against them. Keep in mind that in this country people get away only with what we let them get away with, because there are place where you could get the proper help in fraud situations like this .I personaly think she should get proper people to dig further into the situation. Heavens knows how many others have been or are going through the same situation as this lady and still untill this day still wondering what happen with their funds. Don't give up just like that with out a fight or we'll be reading the same shameful situation from another victim . Fight it!!!
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by   sscmvns 0 Votes
GREEN DOT MONEY PAK is FRAUD. They take your money and will transfer the funds to their so called "partner" and we will never get to know if the money is transferred to someone whom we want it to transfer. I had a very very bad experience with them. I lost $599 with the money paks. They are very headstrong too. They will not provide any details of the accounts the money is/was transferred to unless you file a lawsuit.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by   Ldog 0 Votes
I have used MoneyPak cards combined with the Walmart Money Card Visa to transfer money to my daughter in school across country. Had absolutely NO problems. However, I call her immediately when I get the MoneyPak to give her the number on the MoneyPak card which she immediatlely calls in to the 800 number on her Money Card Visa. The money is transferred instantly! She goes to Walmart ATM machine and gets cash. Of course you have to pay the $3 fee. But thats cheap!
I would never buy a MoneyPak card and carry it around for any length of time, I use them immediatley after purchase. No problems at all so far!
 12th of Jun, 2010 by   Heather Vaughn 0 Votes
The first time I used the card I had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!! Everthything went just like they said it would
This time has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE, I have been unable to load the card much less use the card and of course there is not a human being anywhere to be found to discuss these problems with and see if we couldnt resolve them! WHAT A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT THIS TIME! I highly doubt I'm going to do this again for the fee's.
they charge for their services I expect much much better service
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   kids4 0 Votes
I have had nothing but problems with money pak, i cut up the card they sent me because there is no customer support. My girlfriend is being messed with by them and getting the run around is this what the $4.99 gets you? How do I sue these theives?
 25th of Sep, 2010 by   crysanialife7 0 Votes
I have absolutly no problems with any green dot money paks.People do go around writing down the numbers on gift cards money paks etc and then call to find out if it has been activated and as soon as one of them is they use it.
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   K Thomas 0 Votes
my daughter bought a money pak card at the local grocery store, Kroger. She came straight home after the purchase to activate it for over $200 and it was gone! She called money pak as was told the money was place on a WALMART card. It is going on two weeks now and MoneyPak reps keep giving her the run around although they admit to getting her fax (the documents they required her to fax). I feel we may have to seek legal action to correct this and it appears there is serious fraudulent activities that MoneyPak is quite knowing of, based on all the complaints here and on the Better Business Bureau! Something needs to be done about this company. We plan to contact the media. Everyone, contact your investigative reporters in your area to bring this company to light and to help with our individual cases. I fear my daughter may never get her money back! Shame on you MoneyPak for allowing this happen and then running and hiding from the customers!
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   Andrew Nixon 0 Votes
I am very disapointed in my last transaction with Greendot Money Pak. I purchased a money pak to load for my daughters school clothes and when I got home to load it online, it stated that the auth. code was already used. I initially thought it was a glitch so I tried loading it over the phone... same result. I called customer service and they kept asking me if I had given the number to someone else. Their solution was to file a claim and for me to send a copy of my original receipt and moneypak. They informed me they were able to trace down what account the funds were loaded to but could not disclose that information. I began to get irritated since they obviously saw that the funds did not go to me and that they still wanted to go through a claim process. They put me on hold several times and after being bounced around, the manager informed me that they were able to approve the funds be loaded to my card. I told her I was pleased with the money being loaded onto the account but was very disapointed with the information I received regarding exactly how this took place. She was quick to reiterate that I need to make sure that the number does not go out to a different party and that I keep my moneypak secure. Thats when I began to lose my cool and inform her that the only two people who saw my code was ME and the Walmart Cashier. Her response was, "if I don't feel comfortable that I need to find another way of loading my card." My response was *CLICK*
 16th of May, 2012 by   AngryBlackMan 0 Votes
On May 11, 2012 i purchased a moneypak card from cvs. The next day the funds were unavailable. i called customer service and they said that the card is invalid. after further investigation they found that the money was loaded to an mci card. i asked how could they load their card without my pin. they said that there are numbers on the receipt that could be used. they told me that if they could get the money back from the person who took it only then will they refund my money. but they cannot give me any information on the person who took it. i am left to believe that either an employee of cvs or someone who works with moneypak is defrauding people. No one had access to my receipt except me and the persons at cvs. 5 days later i am still waiting for a resolution. i guess my money and circumstances are not important moneypak. I hope they go out of business because their customer service is poor, and they were rude to me as if i stole my own money. i am the one who had to sit on the phone with them for hours while they transfer me to different departments and have me give the same repetitive information over and over. i called on a weekend and after all the time that i spent on the phone with them, they tell me that i have to wait and call back during weekday business hours. Needless to say, i will not be buying anymore moneypaks. They lost my business with the customer service alone. I could live with losing $25, but my time on the phone with them was worth a 100 times more than that. If you buy a moneypak to load your card you best do it as soon as you purchase it.
 22nd of Sep, 2012 by   Please help!! 0 Votes
On August, 18, 2012 I purchased prepaid moneypak in the amount of $2000 and the next day someone already had transfered the fund in someelse prepaid moneypak card. When i spoke to the customer service, they gave me an SP tracking ticket # and I was told to fax my receipt with my name and contact number. They told me they will call me in two days. Three days later, I called them back and they told me the same. Funds of my prepaid card has been transfered to someone prepaid card. I asked them if they would be able to find out who's card is it but they told me they can't give me that information. I am so furious that they are not doing anything but I will surely file a complaint to consumer report or have an FBI investigate them. Seven elen told me that noone can ever transfer or get your moneypak without scracthing the card. I still don't understand how they able to transfer the fund. I still have my card unscratch. This is ridiculous that they could transfer the money without scratching able to give to someoneelse the number? Anyone who got ripp off, please help me file a major complaint to the company or to someone who can help. They are fraud!!
 26th of Jun, 2013 by   Chinadiva 0 Votes
I went to a bank atm withdrew money and paid a fee to the bank of three dollars then my balance showed five dollar fee was taken instead. I called in to inquire and was given the run around before being told
That I had to pay bank fee plus walmart withdrawal fee
Why do I have to pay three times monthly fee and two withdraw fees
 24th of Sep, 2013 by   MixedByBL 0 Votes
I will Never Use moneypak ever again in my Life!! I Bought a $100 MoneyPak to load my paypal up to purchase something. Got home scratched the numbers off and it says 0 balance. I filed a dispute. They told me there was and usage on the card. I asked if it was paypal because there is no money showing in my account. She said no, but I cannot get my money back, So I am telling everyone that is trying to use moneypak do not do it. because obviously someone has eyes that can see through the grey trip and get the card number off so when go to use it it's empty. I am highly upset. I will never use anything greendot in my Effing life again.
 29th of Sep, 2013 by   Chris Hayes 0 Votes
The same thing happen to me at buying a money pak reload at CVS. I could not make out what all the numbers on the money pak was so I called them and they said they would call me back with the fight number and they did call back in about two hours. I tried to load it to my pre-paid card and I found out that it was used two hours ago before they even called me with the number. They are stealers and are not to be trusted at all.
 23rd of Oct, 2013 by   A Very Angry Women 0 Votes
I had bought a money pack for 125.00 in July. When I scratched the numbers on the back half of them were not there. I called to get the number to load the money but the number I was given was some one else's money pack number and for the wrong amount. One of my cards have been cancelled due to this and was my fault. I have been requesting my money back since then. All I get is different people telling me different things, my clams keep getting cancelled, my faxes seem to never get received but when they do its to late to use them cause once again the clam has been cancelled and they cant use it. All I want it my money back so I can never use them again.
 17th of Nov, 2013 by   madddd1 0 Votes
I bought a money pack reload to add to my Walmart card. Called the 1800 Greendot number, loaded the funds of 365.00, it said my new balance was 370.00 when I hung up. I went to the atm and said it had only a balance of 5.00, I waited hours and still my balance said only 5.00. I checked online at the Walmart money card site, 4 hours later still no record of me adding the funds to the card. This is insanity and unfair I am hiring an attorney and I don't care if I have to spend 5, 000 dollars I will be reimbursed by this company for what they have done to me and obviously several hundred others. This is the most crooked and unfair prepaid card I have ever got or heard of. NEVER will I use this card or recommend this card to anyone else EVER!!!
 19th of Nov, 2013 by   tommy joe bailey 0 Votes
I bought a green dot money pack from my local Walgreens in corpus Christi Texas. I put $500 on it and went home and waited 2 days because i have been very busy at work, i finally tried to load my paypal account and it said i had a zero balance, i called the resolution department and they told me to fax them the original receipt and a picture of the card i bought. They make it seem like im some sort of thief i think the clerk at Walgreens ripped me off but we shall see what they say.
 30th of Dec, 2013 by   simply beauty 0 Votes
I purchased a green Dot loaded $200 when i tried to use my card they told me my card was $000 it has already been used then i tried calling to complain they told me to fax a copy of the front and back with the receipt but i did all that and they saying they didn't get it i did it again they still saying they didn't get it if you all me i think it's a inside thing they know what there doing sitting around taking peoples money... If you all me I'll tell people don't use there cards are anything else there not right i will get to the bottom of this
 2nd of Jan, 2014 by   Stovall25 0 Votes
I am so upset loaded a 100.00 on money pak they said money was tooken off already. .
 2nd of Jan, 2014 by   Stovall25 0 Votes
So upset with money pak I added a 100.00 went to add it to my card it was gone.

Legal Strategies How to Deal with Collections