Green Dot Moneypak

Posted:

Stolen Money

4.3
Green Dot Moneypak
I bought the moneypak with the amount of $500 from green dot at a local walgreen for the first time on June 22, 2009 at 3:37 PM. On June 23, 2009, I tried to use this card to pay some bills but they said that all $500 was already withdraw into an account. I call their Lost & Stolen department to report right away and explain that I did not authorise this transation. They asked me to submit the original receipt for processing. I fax the receipt to them on the same day June 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM. And I even called 10 min later to make sure they received the fax and they verified that it was received. They instructed me to wait for two bussiness day. I called back after two days and they have not process the paper work and asked me to wait for another two business day. I called back four days later, they said that they will not process my claim any further due to the money was paid to a business and that was it. This is my first time using this kind of financial service and they are one of the largest company providing such product and service.
As I explain to Green Dot representative that I did not give any authorization nor provide pin for any business transactions. This money was stolen from me right after I bought the the card at local Walgreen or it may not even load into my card. If Green Dot can advise that the $500 was loaded to a "Partner Card belonging to another customer" then who is this customer. I want proof, name, and transaction receipt, etc. They should investigate further rather concluded that I "may have attempted to use the MoneyPak" after I told them that I did not activation the pin numbers. Since they are a big corporation, they can just say whatever they want to. Isn't that what their "Lost & Stolen" department for? Must I file the police report for this lost and stolen to get the service to pursue the investigation further with them? What kind of support is this for their product to the consumer? My claim should be good enough for them to find out who stole this money. I still want them to track this money down to whoever that they said from the partner card customer and refund my stolen money. My Houston police report case number is 099926009 but they will not do anything unless a subpoena is served.
Complaint comments Comments (81) Complaint country United States Complaint category Business & Finances

Comments

25th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I understand how she must feel, after all, with economy now in these days to give away 500 bucks just like that is kinda hard. What she should've done was go to better business bureau and file a complaint against them. Keep in mind that in this country people get away only with what we let them get away with, because there are place where you could get the proper help in fraud situations like this .I personaly think she should get proper people to dig further into the situation. Heavens knows how many others have been or are going through the same situation as this lady and still untill this day still wondering what happen with their funds. Don't give up just like that with out a fight or we'll be reading the same shameful situation from another victim . Fight it!!!
 24th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

greendotmoneypak - fraud check
greendotgrant program
Houma
Louisiana
Phone: 985-856-0620

sent me a fake check ands promises of grant money in the amount of $10, 000.00
 22nd of Sep, 2009 by    0 Votes
GREEN DOT MONEY PAK is FRAUD. They take your money and will transfer the funds to their so called "partner" and we will never get to know if the money is transferred to someone whom we want it to transfer. I had a very very bad experience with them. I lost $599 with the money paks. They are very headstrong too. They will not provide any details of the accounts the money is/was transferred to unless you file a lawsuit.
 21st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have used MoneyPak cards combined with the Walmart Money Card Visa to transfer money to my daughter in school across country. Had absolutely NO problems. However, I call her immediately when I get the MoneyPak to give her the number on the MoneyPak card which she immediatlely calls in to the 800 number on her Money Card Visa. The money is transferred instantly! She goes to Walmart ATM machine and gets cash. Of course you have to pay the $3 fee. But thats cheap!
I would never buy a MoneyPak card and carry it around for any length of time, I use them immediatley after purchase. No problems at all so far!
 30th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had a Green Dot Mastercard for about 6 months before it got hacked 3 weeks before Christmas last year. When I notified them of unauthorized charges via their lost/stolen page, they shut down the account but never responded within 2 working days as their site claims they do. I couldn't even access the account history to file an accurate police report.

More recently I purchased a Green Dot Visa, and was unable to activate it 1/2 hour after purchase. I returned to the store and the manager was unable to activate it as well. The only reason I got my money back was that I had the purchase reciept to present to a very embaresed store manager.

I hope the administers of this site report all of these Green Dot problems to whatever oversight agency these companies are supposed to be regulated by.
 24th of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Houston21, Contact the Attorney General of Texas. You can find he/she online, if this has become a trend email
the Texas Attorney General. Give it a try, good luck . I myself bought a Green Dot Pay -Pal and I'm having some problems of my own. Tim
 11th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I requested a refund from moneypak and I received it in a reasonable amount of time.
It took 16 days even though they said 3-5 business days.
But I realized that I'm not the only person filing for a refund or closing
my Green Dot account, Give it time you'll get your refund.
 12th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
The first time I used the card I had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!!! Everthything went just like they said it would
This time has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE, I have been unable to load the card much less use the card and of course there is not a human being anywhere to be found to discuss these problems with and see if we couldnt resolve them! WHAT A COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT THIS TIME! I highly doubt I'm going to do this again for the fee's.
they charge for their services I expect much much better service
 16th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes

I have grown to hate green dot! Is the theivery comming from inside?
 17th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I closed my account the same day I opened due to a service charge for not having direct deposit.
Within 3 weeks I received a refund check. Never had any problems with this company.
 27th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
so i bought a green dot card and right after i loaded 500$. i tried to check my balance and what was my surprise i possessively request a refund... two mins. after i open my account. so now i have to wait for it on the mail. but as i was reading these comments i started to wonder if i'll get my money back. they told me (the computer system) I'll get the money with in 10 business days. but what if i DON'T receive it? i live in Seattle and i don't want to wait until the 10 days go by to start to search for help!
 29th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
OK i just purchased a Moneypak from Walgreens and put $325 on the card via the cashier. I wanted to put it on my paypal but I'm thinking now to just withdraw it.
My question is to those whom have withdrawn funds. What is the processes when you request the check in the mail? Is it easily done or do you need to give your SSN??
Thanks in advance,
Dave
 8th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have had nothing but problems with money pak, i cut up the card they sent me because there is no customer support. My girlfriend is being messed with by them and getting the run around is this what the $4.99 gets you? How do I sue these theives?
 31st of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
@ Money goes missing from my card all the time; a little here and a little there. When I load my green dot visa, I have to load it with the exact amount I will need to pay a bill and use it very soon after. If leave a balance, it will go missing.

I have grown to hate green dot! Is the theivery comming from inside?
they charge u 5 dollar each month -.-
 17th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Purchased moneypak card $300 on Friday. Went to reload... funds avail= $0!! I called immediately, They opened a research ticket and was told to call back Monday if I did not see the funds on my account. Called Monday was told the $ was reloaded to someone elses acct. I was told to wait until midnight and that the funds would be posted to my account. Today is Tuesday... no funds! Called them back. Now I am being asked to fax the receipt and moneypak card. WTF!! Why wasnt I asked to do this on Friday?? And now Im being told to wait 2 more business days!!?? I refused to get off the phone until they told me something different. Was placed on hold for approx. 10 minutes. Then was told request is being expedited as the requested info had been received from me. I informed the "supervisor" that I was recording our conversation as she also told me that the previous employees I spoke to had "lied to me" about when I should expect for my $300 to show on my card. She said that was fine and said that as soon as my request was processed they would call me. Will wait and see.
 11th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have been using this card for over a year. I feel most of the complaints are stemming from people that do not do several things.

1. Read the information about charges and maintenance fees that are applied to the card.
2. Realize that you will have "small change" charges in the areas of 21 cents here, 12 cents there, etc for what are called "Foreign Transaction Fees" which are applied when you use something like PayPal to pay for an ebay auction purchase, etc. Or from stores that apply a fee for you to make a purchase using a debit card (some places charge 50 cents for the service, as that is what the companies that make the swipe machines charge them for each debit card they swipe through the machine.. and businesses rather you eat the cost than them.)
3. Fees from using an ATM, that is not covered by Green Dot's free ATM machines. You can find a list on the GreenDot site local of banks in your area that have ATMs that GreenDot does not charge a fee for you to use. However, the bank may have fees when you use their ATM, which will also show up as "Foreign Transaction Fee".

People just need to read the fine print and know all the charges and fees they will have to pay to use the card.

I have only had one issue, and that wasn't due to GreenDot, it was due to an ex stealing my card and making purchases. I called GreenDot right away and reported the stolen funds. They gave me precise instructions on how to get my money back. I had to call the companies myself, and if they would not refund my money, GreenDot has a department that will come and dispute the charges on your behalf.

I got more help from GreenDot than I did from the claims department of the company my ex made purchases from with my card. GreenDot even sent me a new card free of charge (they normally charge 10 dollars to replace a lost or stolen card, unless you pay the 3 dollars a month for VIP status), and my funds were back on my card in less than 24 hours.
 25th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
I have absolutly no problems with any green dot money paks.People do go around writing down the numbers on gift cards money paks etc and then call to find out if it has been activated and as soon as one of them is they use it.
 10th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
anybody know how to find an ATM that doesn't charge for withdrawals?
 11th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
Just a few months ago I recieved my tax money on greendot because I used turbo tax.I had over 8ooo thousand dollars.I live in mobile alabama and someone cleaned me out in Canada at an atm using my card and pin.I never lost my card.I called everyday for my statement they would say the same thing over and over.Its on its way.When I went online to view my transactions they were gone.Months went by.All I got was a little over 1000 dollars back.I still dont know how much money was taken from me.Please can someone help me, Im begging.Please contact me at taycory@aol.com.Please and thank you so much.
 1st of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
Greendot is garbage!! I bought a card for the first time (which will be the last time!!) to fund my PayPal account. I went to fund my account my account and I was prompted to complete a form stating that they needed to research my card before I could fund the account. I filled out the form and received an email with a phone number that got me nowhere. I called the number on the back of the card and was told that there was a block on the card and I needed to fax the receipt and a copy of the card. I faxed the card that same day, they told me it would be fixed in one business day. I gave them time to "fix" it and tried again, I still could not use the card. I called to see what was going on, they told me that the fax was not received. I asked to talk to a supervisor who told me that she was looking at my fax and she would get it fixed and call me back in 30 minutes. I never received a call back and the card was not fixed. I called the following day and was told the same thing, that the fax was received and the card would be "fixed". I still have not been able to use the card. I absolutely hate greendot and I will never use them again!! I am going to report them to the better business and I will be sure to let everyone that I ever speak with know just how crappy the customer service is!! I hope these idoits go out of business!!!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree