logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
binary.com
This company still hasn’t paid me full sum
2. (24 mins ago)
A crooked Company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GoDaddy.com, Scottsdale, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and cheating company!

GoDaddy.com Contacts & Informations

GoDaddy.com

Posted:    Valerie

Fraud and cheating company!

GoDaddy.com
14455 N. Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: 480-505-8828
www.GoDaddy.com
Please, do yourself a favor if looking for a cheap web host! AVOID GODADDY AT ALL COSTS!!!
http://www.godaddy.com < DO NOT USE GODADDY.COM FOR ANY WEB HOSTING, DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION OR INTERNET RELATED BUSINESS! This company is a bunch of scamming liars and crooks that will sell your valuable domains with faulty billing practices, lies, deceit, fraud and OUTRIGHT THEFT!

We own several websites, over 700. In the past 2 years, Godaddy.com has lost over 20 of our domain names THROUGH NO FAULT OF OURS! THEY WILL TELL YOU THE BILLING DIDN'T GO THROUGH, NOT SEND WARNING EMAILS AND SELL ONLY YOUR MOST VALUABLE DOMAINS!

In our case, it was adulttoy.org and naughtylingerie.net, two of our most valuable domains, sold at a huge financial loss to us, while they profit!!! THIS IS WHILE OUR AUTOMATIC BILLING WAS FINE FOR SEVERAL OTHER DOMAINS!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF LYING, SCAMMING, THIEVING CROOKS OUT TO STEAL YOUR DOMAINS (IF YOU HOLD SEVERAL) AND SELL THEM WITHOUT WARNING!!! WE IMPLORE YOU TO USE ANY OTHER REGISTER OR HOST BUT GODADDY!

Godaddy has done this to us 4 times now!!! We were duped into staying with them as they supposedly gave us better customer service reps each time who assured us that it 'would never happen again'. The first time, they sold 4 lesser value domains on us in 2005. Then in 2006, they did it again, with 2 lesser value domains.

They did it again in 2007, losing 14 of our domains, (all were on AUTOMATIC residual billing on the same credit card THAT HAD THOUSANDS IN THE ACCOUNT AND WAS ONLY USED FOR GODADDY!!!) This time, they sold the best domain at a profit, adulttoy.org and gave us the other lesser valued domains back, as if they did us a favor. Mind, we contacted our GoDaddy 'Executive Support' (some lying mope named Dean)representative several times with these emails saying our domains were expiring, first, Dean told us no domains were expiring, after they were lost, he told his supervisors this never happened. Total LIAR! We were fighting with them for 5 months over the loss of this domain and were told to pick another domain off of Godaddy.com's aution site, http://www.tdnam.com.

After we spent months removing the domain they lost from our other site links, after we spent days going over the www.tdnam.com domains for sale, when we find a comparable name, they then tell us it needs to be from the expired auctions, which are all garbage domains. This supervisor, a real winner named Rod Browning, told us to go back to the original rep that lost our domains to begin with. UNREAL DISGUSTING IDIOTS! At this time, we find out they did it to us again, losing 4 domains, including naughtylingerie.net, which was sold without ANY PRIOR WARNING OR EMAIL!!!

Then, this sap of a rep tells us to pay Godaddy.com a redemption fee to get the other domains back, but the best one was already sold, 3 DAYS AFTER WE RECEIVED THE ONLY EMAIL SAYING THESE DOMAINS WERE IN JEOPARDY! This idiotic customer service rep that works in Bob Parsons office (Godaddy president), his name is John Godbehere, it is a very unique name, there are a few listings for him in Scotsdale, Arizona and we suggest you track him down if you are having problems with Godaddy. No doubt he is at one of these addresses or numbers and would be incredibly easy to find.

Godbehere, C

623-974-3086

Godbehere, Walt
Glendale, AZ 85310
623-492-9776

The best part is after all the ways Godaddy screwed us over, they then call the police because we threatened to fly to Scotsdale, Arizona to discuss the matter in person. The police called our partner at 1:00am, waking him and his family from bed in the middle of the night. Godaddy is a scam, ripoff, lying, deceitful, dirty foul company that you would be wise to avoid at all costs. There are several other, much better webhosts available, dont give these nasty crooks one penny or control of your domains unless you want to go through something like this.

This company is run by a bunch of no good crooks, from Bob Parsons down to the lowlifes that have added features to our accounts, expensive features we did not need or ask for, almost every time we called for assistance. As unreal as it sounds, this company has done it all and more to us. They put our domains into several expensive Blue Razor (http://blurazor.com) accounts without our permission, costing us an extra 3k a year. They sold our best domains that were worth thousands of dollars, not even including all the money, time, work that has been put out to fix the first problems they caused. This is thousands of dollars more! They signed us up for expensive email accounts we didn't ask for and never used since we didn't even know we had them until recently, and they also signed us up for some idiotic thing called 'Investor's Edge', which apparently is for site investors, however this is something we never asked for either, we never received signup emails for this stuff, nothing. It was as if they thought they have full run of your credit card and can do whatever they wanted with it, including selling your domains from under you and using the 'it was a billing problem' excuse with everyone and it is all BS! There is also a class action lawsuit that is apparently starting for this as well, you can contact http://www.internetlitigators.com for more info. As it is, we will be pursuing both our own suit as well as joining any class action suit that is started as well. And if you want more information, if you need any assistance with your own cases, we will be more than happy to provide any help we can.

We will be posting this multiple times on several boards, so if you see it multiple times, we are only doing it as a warning for others to stay far away from this disgusting webhost or things will get really ugly like they are about to get with us. And this John Godbehere, he is nothing but the true meaning of a jerkoff, a liar and a punk scumbag.

So you know, if you have a problem as well, they all work on the same team and DO NOT expect relief trying to go through their own reps. They are all lying dirtbags and this company should be investigated by the FBI! And if the FBI (FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION) should read this, Godaddy is nothing but front for a theft ring and MULTIPLE billing scams, they NEED TO BE investigated and closed down! Reported to all agencies including the Better Business Bureau! There is a reason you never hear about Godaddy anymore. It's because they suck, and are the true meaning of RIPOFF! Just look at the other complaints here about them. We are not endosing anyone else, we just want you to know the truth of what they did to us, after we gave them tens of thousands of dollars in business over the past few years.

They will be hearing from our attorneys now, we might just take that plane out there to discuss this in person, that is how mad this has gotten us! Avoid these headache inducing dirtbags at Godaddy at all costs please! Just do yourself a favor and look somewhere else! Anywhere else but Godaddy!!!

DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH GODADDY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

Comments United States Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jun, 2009 by   disappointedinu -1 Votes
please...

you people just need to complain about something. some of you complain that their products weren't renewed and as a result you lost them and others complain that things they did want auto-renewed, were.

You need to keep track of your own purchases and bills. Its all right there in your accounts. I lost some of my own domains last January due to me not keeping track. It's not GoDaddy's fault. They notified me by email and even tried calling me.

And for those of you who call GoDaddy a sales company. WELL DUH. It's a business. they aren't a business around just to provide you with free tech support. Sorry, if you call someone for help doing something you dont know how to do, then maybe you be willing to sit through a sales offer.

I mean, 150 years ago it took days to cross the united states, and now everyone has to find something else to complain about.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   disappointedinu -3 Votes
sorry, "some of you complain that their products weren't renewed and as a result you lost them and others complain that things they didN'T want auto-renewed, were."
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   GoDaddy Rips People Off +1 Votes
disappointed in you is a corporate troll. This is obvious since he/she has nothing of value to add.

I keep track of my accounts very well, fool. So up yours & up GoDaddy's too.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   disappointedinu -4 Votes
if you keep track of your accounts, what do you have to bitch about?
 30th of Jun, 2009 by   Ron Louis 0 Votes
Please note: The http://blurazor.com that they mentioned in the original article is in error,
as I have that domain on my server, and it is for a band.
http://www.blurazor.com is a band with impeccable references and has NEVER done anything to any other domain. Further, they are registered with Network Solutions. If needed, please feel free to contact me at RonL@IHSnet.com Don't confuse my honorable people, and their website, with anything related to this article
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   Scotty G 0 Votes
Not sure I know who you are but thanks to Kirk E for backing up the department as it used to be when I built and ran it. Moral and Ethical procedures and honest folks making a good honest relationship without sacraficing their integrity.

Scott Green
 25th of Oct, 2009 by   disappointedingodaddy +1 Votes
GoDaddy is a crock of shit! I have used them for several years now and had nothing but wonderful service at first. Now my domain has experienced several MY SQL errors. I record every phone call with GoDaddy, for my records, and I have them admitting to KNOWN issues, however in the response this John guy provided to the BBB, he LIED and told them there were NO KNOWN ISSUES! Since they are registered with the BBB, they are OBLIGATED to comply or they loose their status with them. I am calling the BBB first thing tomorrow and providing them the evidence I now have contradicting their statement and requesting the BBB to re-open the case and become more involved in the matter. I already have spoken to my legal team and they are planning on speaking to GO Daddy's lawyers Monday morning as well. I have lost thousands of dollars, hundreds of members on my sits and much aggravation. Their servers are a joke. They constantly screw up and affect my service...99.9% guarantee is what they promise, but it is NOT what they deliver... Oh, and my experience with customer service? The women up there are complete dumb asses! They have no idea what they are talking about 99.9% of the time (LOL) . I find this a difficult statement to make because I am a woman, and hate bashing my fellow sex, however I have recorded EVERY call with Go Daddy and have more than enough documentation to show losses both financially and non...

PLEASE GO DADDY, do us a favor...close your doors, run in the desert and hide...

The executive office is a JOKE! Same idiots still there, trying to act like they know what they are talking about...blaming their errors on my .htaccess file...which has not changed or anything in well over 9 months, has been running fine with it and now all of a sudden my sit has "Server errors" in which they try to blame on me...um, last time I checked a 500 Server error was SERVER SIDE NOT CLIENT SIDE errors... I bet this company has some old piece of shit servers that are on their last leg and about to catch their whole building on fire...let's hope maybe they see these complaints and realize how horrible they really are...OH BTW, file your complaints on /link removed/ That way every time someone types in "Go Daddy" under google, yahoo, etc, it will show the negative complaints and they will eventually loose more business that way!
 18th of Jan, 2010 by   stonemit +1 Votes
Godaddy is not a good place for domain and host any longer. They cheat and rub your money. For instance, if you have your domain expired, they kidnap your domain name for a while and ask very very high redemption fee buy it back! And if you pay by mistake and want to cancel the order, they refuse to give you any cent back. Very very bad company!! A big Liar!
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by   GoDaddy is a rip-off +1 Votes
I have avoided GoDaddy. com in the past but recently I bought a domain from them at auction. They took my money within minutes but will not give me access to the domain. They claim it takes "10 days" to transfer an expired domain. Meanwhile they get the benefit of the traffic on this domain going to their park page after they have charged me.

Either they should not have sold the domain if it can't be transferred to me or they should transfer the domain. I know ICANN won't do anything but I'll send in a complaint anyway in case they ast least count the GoDaddy.com complaints.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by   Richardperfecto +1 Votes
they also scammed me, they charge me 20 dollars per each domain i was sellig with them and i had put the auto renew off before, and i was selling 4 domains that's 80 dollars, i'm really angry with them, and they don't refund the money they are scamming people.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by   swindled_by_godaddy +2 Votes
Their auto-renewal system just keeps auto-renewing after you try to cancel. Don't use this company for anything.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   JCL2 +1 Votes
GoDaddy.com is a shameless operation that scams people in multiple ways. They will change your account to auto-renew, ignore your emails, treat you like dirt on the phone, and will ask for private information (scanned copy of driver's license, and "typical" pin numbers that you would use), both of which can easily be used later for identity theft.

Once I received an email from them stating that they would be auto-renewing my domain, I called and wrote to them multiple times, telling them that I did not want it auto-renewed. However, they very conveniently ignored my request, and charged me anyway. Then they told me that my domain was "protected", so I needed to fax them a copy of my driver's license. I did - twice. They said it was ilegible, and needed to be scanned so that all of the information was clear - including the photo ID and the signature. Now, why is it that when I first registered my domain, they did not require any of this personal information? They just asked for the basics (name, address, phone number...) and a credit card number - that's it. So, now why do they want me to send them this info, which by the way, I've been warned not to send by both my bank and my credit card company? Why would they need to see my signature clearly if they have nothing to compare it to?

By this point, I had become increasingly concerned about my private information being out there, for who knows who to see and copy. I am not willing to risk having my identity stolen by the low-life scum that these employees seem to be. Since I would not send it, they refused to give me my refund. I then filed a claim with my credit card company, and they did a chargeback. GoDaddy.com then sent me a threatening email, saying that if I didn't find an alternate form of payment, that they were going to force me to pay the original amount plus an administrative fee. My credit card company told me to ignore their harrassment. Btw, all of the other organizations will be receiving detailed complaints, as well (Attorney General's Office, Online Better Business Burea, etc.). I know my complaint will be just a drop in the sea. GoDaddy.com deserves a class-action suit, and to be completely shut down.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Reverend_S +2 Votes
Hello everyone. Godaddy has done the same to us. I am an ordained minister and we registered a domain name for our church in February 2009. We registered it via Blogger (Google) as the original intent was to host our blog on our own domain. Goddaddy and Google together equated to one big headache. We never did get the domain up and running. A simple request to "push though" our blog turned into a major ordeal and we could never get anyone to respond to technical questions. Godaddy and Google have only pointed the finger of blame at each other. Our domain sat idle for a year. During that time, we asked for a refund. No response. We asked for technical support. No response. Google certainly knew where to contact us to put their hand out for renewal! We have never been contacted by Godaddy. meanwhile HostGator.com gave us a technology grant and registered a separate domain name for our organization. We like their service. They have been quite helpful in instructing our staff how to build our website. We have had this new domain up and running within a couple of days! To make a long story short, we wanted to transfer the domain previously registered with Godaddy and (supposedly) hosted by Google, over to HostGator. Of course, neither company responded and we were instructed how to unlock the domain and obtain the authorization code from HostGator. So of course, Godaddy and Google were put on notice by this action that our domain was being moved. HostGator has not been successful in transferring the domain due to the incompetence of Godaddy and Google, who are still playing whose on first. Google immediately cancelled the email accounts that were associated with the domain (the only part of this transaction that ever was functional). We never recieved any notice from Godaddy that our domain was about to expire. When we signed up, there was nothing that indicated any type of "redemption fee", which is a sneaky way to gouge their customers. Godaddy is not worth the fee to renew a domain, let alone the 80.00 plus renewal fee they are demanding. We are considering going to the news media, as these people have now stolen from a church. That is not good public relations. We have explained to Google and Godaddy that the name on our domain has been Trademarked and so it cannot be used legally by anyone else. We did this because we had an incident where some college kids created an imposter website and were collecting donations in our name. This is what is going to happen if Godaddy sells our domain and considering what I have read on this board, that is a good possibility. We have reported this deceitful conduct to the State Attorney of Florida, our home state. We would also be interested in a class-action.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by   disappointedingodaddy +2 Votes
My experiences with this company are very similar to those on this board. In some cases, some experiences were much worse. I have pretty much dealt with everything that has come our way from this company, ranging from incompetent staff to our sites being off line.
I have had the difficulties of logging into my account to update information, upload files, etc. To resolve that issue, I use Filezilla. I actually do not have to log into my account anymore for any reason other than to make a payment. (I have well over 25+ domains registered under my account number) I am a website designer and have even threatened GoDaddy with the action of posting a complaint site against them, bringing national coverage to the site (SEO, advertising, etc) and making them "sorry for pissing me off". I have requested refunds numerous times. In fact, while trying to help one of my clients, I encountered huge difficulties setting up the services they wanted. (My client was on a conference call with me and GoDaddy).. My client became so irritated that they refused to allow me to do their site if it had any association with GoDaddy. Needless to say they are hosted elsewhere and everything has been smooth sailing with them. While I have never lost a customer because of GoDaddy, I have come close several times. The day it happens, I will take action...rest assure! I have personally been a customer of GoDaddy since 2006 and since that time the problems really began about 2 1/2 years ago. At first, everything went fine...then the problems began. The biggest problem is not only customer service, but the intelligence level. Many of these employees are not savvy when it comes to tech issues. You actually need to request for a tech to contact you or be transferred. Usually the techs that have been there at least 3+ years know a little about things and can usually help you out.

I have gone as high as the corporate office several times...it does nothing... While there are a few guys up there that can usually look into a tech issue and maybe address a question or even help out themselves, as far as demanding a refund, ha! The most I ever got was a credit for ONE MONTH! Never mind my site being affected for weeks, sometimes a full month or longer and loosing a lot of money and potential clients! That was hundreds, if not thousands of dollars I lost...AND CAN PROVE!

Honestly I gave up on this company a LONG TIME AGO! It is just not worth it...If I could, I would move every domain, but unfortunately that is a HUGE NIGHTMARE to deal with! (I have had to do this at least three times...each time the other company had to release the domain because even after the mandatory 5 days, GoDaddy still did not release the domains)

GoDaddy will play down these reviews too when you mention them. I have told them about the number of complaints online about them. They always respond the same way... We have millions of customers, those complaints are not even a 1/8 of our business...or something along those lines.

I noticed today that where I live, there are at least 2 billboards along the road for HostGator.com. While I have never used them, I am curious because I hear great things about them.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that anyone reading this and has not chosen to use GoDaddy will USE CAUTION and know that from my experiences with this company alone, it is simply not worth your hassle, time or money. There are other companies out there (NO NAMES) that offer lower/similar pricing, similar or better plans and much more importantly...better service.
 23rd of May, 2010 by   turki +1 Votes
Hello guys, If you heard about OHN SCAM, I think its the same company of go daddy, OHN is A huge scam company too we should do something

13th of Jul, 2010 by   dreamprotex +1 Votes
Here's another thing they've started to do to regular customers. When you find and purchase a new and available domain name, there are about six screens you have to go through as they try and get you to add other "offers" to your shopping cart. Despite saying no to them all, CHECK YOUR FINAL CART CAREFULLY, because GoDaddy will add in a bizarre "dot info" name that you didn't choose and make it look like a "special offer". For us, they added a dot org name that nobody would ever buy and tried to sneak it through as if we'd ordered it with our new name.
 18th of Aug, 2010 by   THE DARKSIDERANTER +3 Votes
SO LET THEM BE KNOWN BY THE FACE THAT IS SHOWN-THEY ARE OFFICIALLY "SHIT-LISTED" AND SHALL BE PROCLAIMED SO THROUGH-OUT THE DOMINIONS!
 30th of Aug, 2010 by   jamieeeeeee +2 Votes
Godaddy sold my domain that I have a trademarked, and which I use for business. I'm in the process of suing them. They also charged my credit card for services to which I did not join. That is outright fraud, and my state's attorney general will be hearing from me.
 31st of Aug, 2010 by   Jettyx +1 Votes
Godaddy stole my fucking domain for violation of their TOS.
They cited it as "anonymous proxy service".

I checked their TOS, there is NO MENTION of and kind of proxy service disallowed.

Why would they take suspend both my hosting account AND MY DOMAIN?

They want to make money.

They send me an email telling me it'll cost $200 to reactivate, otherwise, I LOSE MY DOMAIN!

Fucking scammers.
 14th of Sep, 2010 by   seattleclowns +2 Votes
THE SAME THING just happened to me! I was set to auto-renew my domain (I have a very small clowning business). I suppose the auto-renewal "stopped working" - their customer service rep won't give me any details, they refused to even verify that I was a customer of theirs for 5 years. I received NO notices of an expiration. Suddenly the domain that I've had for 5 years, is for sale! GoDaddy sold it to some scumbag, who's privacy they are protecting - and the scumbag is trying to sell it back to me now for more $ than I even make in a year with my business!

I'm forced to start over - buy a new domain, build a new site, order new business cards & marketing materials. I'm beyond furious. What can we do? Have you all contacted the BBB? Are there other options? They shouldn't be able to get away with this.

Beware of Get Rich Quick SEO Scam Artists