logo
search

Godaddy.com, Scottsdale, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Fraud and cheating company!

Godaddy.com Contacts & Informations

Godaddy.com

Posted:

Fraud and cheating company!

GoDaddy.com
14455 N. Hayden Rd
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: 480-505-8828
www.GoDaddy.com
Please, do yourself a favor if looking for a cheap web host! AVOID GODADDY AT ALL COSTS!!!
http://www.godaddy.com < DO NOT USE GODADDY.COM FOR ANY WEB HOSTING, DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION OR INTERNET RELATED BUSINESS! This company is a bunch of scamming liars and crooks that will sell your valuable domains with faulty billing practices, lies, deceit, fraud and OUTRIGHT THEFT!

We own several websites, over 700. In the past 2 years, Godaddy.com has lost over 20 of our domain names THROUGH NO FAULT OF OURS! THEY WILL TELL YOU THE BILLING DIDN'T GO THROUGH, NOT SEND WARNING EMAILS AND SELL ONLY YOUR MOST VALUABLE DOMAINS!

In our case, it was adulttoy.org and naughtylingerie.net, two of our most valuable domains, sold at a huge financial loss to us, while they profit!!! THIS IS WHILE OUR AUTOMATIC BILLING WAS FINE FOR SEVERAL OTHER DOMAINS!!! THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF LYING, SCAMMING, THIEVING CROOKS OUT TO STEAL YOUR DOMAINS (IF YOU HOLD SEVERAL) AND SELL THEM WITHOUT WARNING!!! WE IMPLORE YOU TO USE ANY OTHER REGISTER OR HOST BUT GODADDY!

Godaddy has done this to us 4 times now!!! We were duped into staying with them as they supposedly gave us better customer service reps each time who assured us that it 'would never happen again'. The first time, they sold 4 lesser value domains on us in 2005. Then in 2006, they did it again, with 2 lesser value domains.

They did it again in 2007, losing 14 of our domains, (all were on AUTOMATIC residual billing on the same credit card THAT HAD THOUSANDS IN THE ACCOUNT AND WAS ONLY USED FOR GODADDY!!!) This time, they sold the best domain at a profit, adulttoy.org and gave us the other lesser valued domains back, as if they did us a favor. Mind, we contacted our GoDaddy 'Executive Support' (some lying mope named Dean)representative several times with these emails saying our domains were expiring, first, Dean told us no domains were expiring, after they were lost, he told his supervisors this never happened. Total LIAR! We were fighting with them for 5 months over the loss of this domain and were told to pick another domain off of Godaddy.com's aution site, http://www.tdnam.com.

After we spent months removing the domain they lost from our other site links, after we spent days going over the www.tdnam.com domains for sale, when we find a comparable name, they then tell us it needs to be from the expired auctions, which are all garbage domains. This supervisor, a real winner named Rod Browning, told us to go back to the original rep that lost our domains to begin with. UNREAL DISGUSTING IDIOTS! At this time, we find out they did it to us again, losing 4 domains, including naughtylingerie.net, which was sold without ANY PRIOR WARNING OR EMAIL!!!

Then, this sap of a rep tells us to pay Godaddy.com a redemption fee to get the other domains back, but the best one was already sold, 3 DAYS AFTER WE RECEIVED THE ONLY EMAIL SAYING THESE DOMAINS WERE IN JEOPARDY! This idiotic customer service rep that works in Bob Parsons office (Godaddy president), his name is John Godbehere, it is a very unique name, there are a few listings for him in Scotsdale, Arizona and we suggest you track him down if you are having problems with Godaddy. No doubt he is at one of these addresses or numbers and would be incredibly easy to find.

Godbehere, C

623-974-3086

Godbehere, Walt
Glendale, AZ 85310
623-492-9776

The best part is after all the ways Godaddy screwed us over, they then call the police because we threatened to fly to Scotsdale, Arizona to discuss the matter in person. The police called our partner at 1:00am, waking him and his family from bed in the middle of the night. Godaddy is a scam, ripoff, lying, deceitful, dirty foul company that you would be wise to avoid at all costs. There are several other, much better webhosts available, dont give these nasty crooks one penny or control of your domains unless you want to go through something like this.

This company is run by a bunch of no good crooks, from Bob Parsons down to the lowlifes that have added features to our accounts, expensive features we did not need or ask for, almost every time we called for assistance. As unreal as it sounds, this company has done it all and more to us. They put our domains into several expensive Blue Razor (http://blurazor.com) accounts without our permission, costing us an extra 3k a year. They sold our best domains that were worth thousands of dollars, not even including all the money, time, work that has been put out to fix the first problems they caused. This is thousands of dollars more! They signed us up for expensive email accounts we didn't ask for and never used since we didn't even know we had them until recently, and they also signed us up for some idiotic thing called 'Investor's Edge', which apparently is for site investors, however this is something we never asked for either, we never received signup emails for this stuff, nothing. It was as if they thought they have full run of your credit card and can do whatever they wanted with it, including selling your domains from under you and using the 'it was a billing problem' excuse with everyone and it is all BS! There is also a class action lawsuit that is apparently starting for this as well, you can contact http://www.internetlitigators.com for more info. As it is, we will be pursuing both our own suit as well as joining any class action suit that is started as well. And if you want more information, if you need any assistance with your own cases, we will be more than happy to provide any help we can.

We will be posting this multiple times on several boards, so if you see it multiple times, we are only doing it as a warning for others to stay far away from this disgusting webhost or things will get really ugly like they are about to get with us. And this John Godbehere, he is nothing but the true meaning of a jerkoff, a liar and a punk scumbag.

So you know, if you have a problem as well, they all work on the same team and DO NOT expect relief trying to go through their own reps. They are all lying dirtbags and this company should be investigated by the FBI! And if the FBI (FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION) should read this, Godaddy is nothing but front for a theft ring and MULTIPLE billing scams, they NEED TO BE investigated and closed down! Reported to all agencies including the Better Business Bureau! There is a reason you never hear about Godaddy anymore. It's because they suck, and are the true meaning of RIPOFF! Just look at the other complaints here about them. We are not endosing anyone else, we just want you to know the truth of what they did to us, after we gave them tens of thousands of dollars in business over the past few years.

They will be hearing from our attorneys now, we might just take that plane out there to discuss this in person, that is how mad this has gotten us! Avoid these headache inducing dirtbags at Godaddy at all costs please! Just do yourself a favor and look somewhere else! Anywhere else but Godaddy!!!

DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH GODADDY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!

Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Apr, 2009 by    0 Votes
I keep turning off autobilling, yet my paypal account got hit today for a 9.99 email charge I had NOT ordered. All I did was buy domain names. You can bet when they come up for renewal, it will NOT be thru godaddy!
 7th of May, 2009 by    0 Votes
GoDaddy does somethings really well. For instance, the are very accomplished in "auto-billing" your credit card for items you don't want. They are very good at that. They are good at most things related to acquiring your money. Oh, they are great at wasting your time, too!

What they are not so good at has been mentioned above already. For instance, they lie at any opportunity. They will tell you almost anything you want to hear in order to get you to buy a product or service. The people that answer the phone when you call are ALL sales reps that subsist on your sale. If you don't buy anything, they don't get their bonus. This creates a conflict of interest.

They are a horribly creepy company. Their tiny mini-cubicles are staffed by morbidly obese, dorito chomping, acne ridden, high school dropouts from Mesa, with too many World of Warcraft T-shirts, too little deodorant, and little to no understanding of personal hygiene, ethics or frankly, business and technology.

They have lots and lots of security guards, many of them armed. They don't value their employees or their customers. GoDaddy is, and has always been, a SALES company. Keep that in mind and you should be alright.

I heard they will be selling Shamwows and Snugglies on godaddy.com soon.
 16th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
GoDaddy changed my account settings to auto-renew two domains that I wanted to drop & I was charged for them today.

They won't refund the money and instead sent me information on how to turn off the auto renewal. Which I had already done.

They changed the settings for all of my domains.

I won't be purchasing crap from these crooks again. I'm going to file complaints as well. I hope everyone here does too. These jerks need to be sued in the worst way.

Don't use GoDaddy for anything. They can't be trusted & they will screw you eventually - then blame you for it.

That's my story & it's true. I've used GoDaddy for a couple of years now & I won't be using them any longer.

They should feel very smug. They got $20.00 one time - and lost several times that due to their theiving ways. Good job morons.

I have clients who use GoDaddy & I will make sure they change registrars too. That's even more money lost GoDaddy.

Good for you. You deserve it.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by    -1 Votes
please...

you people just need to complain about something. some of you complain that their products weren't renewed and as a result you lost them and others complain that things they did want auto-renewed, were.

You need to keep track of your own purchases and bills. Its all right there in your accounts. I lost some of my own domains last January due to me not keeping track. It's not GoDaddy's fault. They notified me by email and even tried calling me.

And for those of you who call GoDaddy a sales company. WELL DUH. It's a business. they aren't a business around just to provide you with free tech support. Sorry, if you call someone for help doing something you dont know how to do, then maybe you be willing to sit through a sales offer.

I mean, 150 years ago it took days to cross the united states, and now everyone has to find something else to complain about.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by    -3 Votes
sorry, "some of you complain that their products weren't renewed and as a result you lost them and others complain that things they didN'T want auto-renewed, were."
 24th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
disappointed in you is a corporate troll. This is obvious since he/she has nothing of value to add.

I keep track of my accounts very well, fool. So up yours & up GoDaddy's too.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by    -4 Votes
if you keep track of your accounts, what do you have to bitch about?
 30th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes
Please note: The http://blurazor.com that they mentioned in the original article is in error,
as I have that domain on my server, and it is for a band.
http://www.blurazor.com is a band with impeccable references and has NEVER done anything to any other domain. Further, they are registered with Network Solutions. If needed, please feel free to contact me at RonL@IHSnet.com Don't confuse my honorable people, and their website, with anything related to this article
 12th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
godaddy.com is stealing domain names. check out http://www.nodaddy.com
 13th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
Not sure I know who you are but thanks to Kirk E for backing up the department as it used to be when I built and ran it. Moral and Ethical procedures and honest folks making a good honest relationship without sacraficing their integrity.

Scott Green
 25th of Oct, 2009 by    +1 Votes
GoDaddy is a crock of shit! I have used them for several years now and had nothing but wonderful service at first. Now my domain has experienced several MY SQL errors. I record every phone call with GoDaddy, for my records, and I have them admitting to KNOWN issues, however in the response this John guy provided to the BBB, he LIED and told them there were NO KNOWN ISSUES! Since they are registered with the BBB, they are OBLIGATED to comply or they loose their status with them. I am calling the BBB first thing tomorrow and providing them the evidence I now have contradicting their statement and requesting the BBB to re-open the case and become more involved in the matter. I already have spoken to my legal team and they are planning on speaking to GO Daddy's lawyers Monday morning as well. I have lost thousands of dollars, hundreds of members on my sits and much aggravation. Their servers are a joke. They constantly screw up and affect my service...99.9% guarantee is what they promise, but it is NOT what they deliver... Oh, and my experience with customer service? The women up there are complete dumb asses! They have no idea what they are talking about 99.9% of the time (LOL) . I find this a difficult statement to make because I am a woman, and hate bashing my fellow sex, however I have recorded EVERY call with Go Daddy and have more than enough documentation to show losses both financially and non...

PLEASE GO DADDY, do us a favor...close your doors, run in the desert and hide...

The executive office is a JOKE! Same idiots still there, trying to act like they know what they are talking about...blaming their errors on my .htaccess file...which has not changed or anything in well over 9 months, has been running fine with it and now all of a sudden my sit has "Server errors" in which they try to blame on me...um, last time I checked a 500 Server error was SERVER SIDE NOT CLIENT SIDE errors... I bet this company has some old piece of shit servers that are on their last leg and about to catch their whole building on fire...let's hope maybe they see these complaints and realize how horrible they really are...OH BTW, file your complaints on /link removed/ That way every time someone types in "Go Daddy" under google, yahoo, etc, it will show the negative complaints and they will eventually loose more business that way!
 1st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes

Godaddy.com - THE WORST HOSTING EVER!
godaddy.com

This hosting is so bad! So many troubles and waisting my time!!! Do not use it! No body helps you for nothing! Nothing working there! Just waisting time and money, much money!!!
 18th of Jan, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Godaddy is not a good place for domain and host any longer. They cheat and rub your money. For instance, if you have your domain expired, they kidnap your domain name for a while and ask very very high redemption fee buy it back! And if you pay by mistake and want to cancel the order, they refuse to give you any cent back. Very very bad company!! A big Liar!
 23rd of Feb, 2010 by    +1 Votes
I have avoided GoDaddy. com in the past but recently I bought a domain from them at auction. They took my money within minutes but will not give me access to the domain. They claim it takes "10 days" to transfer an expired domain. Meanwhile they get the benefit of the traffic on this domain going to their park page after they have charged me.

Either they should not have sold the domain if it can't be transferred to me or they should transfer the domain. I know ICANN won't do anything but I'll send in a complaint anyway in case they ast least count the GoDaddy.com complaints.
 12th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
they also scammed me, they charge me 20 dollars per each domain i was sellig with them and i had put the auto renew off before, and i was selling 4 domains that's 80 dollars, i'm really angry with them, and they don't refund the money they are scamming people.
 17th of Mar, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Their auto-renewal system just keeps auto-renewing after you try to cancel. Don't use this company for anything.
 27th of Mar, 2010 by    +1 Votes
GoDaddy.com is a shameless operation that scams people in multiple ways. They will change your account to auto-renew, ignore your emails, treat you like dirt on the phone, and will ask for private information (scanned copy of driver's license, and "typical" pin numbers that you would use), both of which can easily be used later for identity theft.

Once I received an email from them stating that they would be auto-renewing my domain, I called and wrote to them multiple times, telling them that I did not want it auto-renewed. However, they very conveniently ignored my request, and charged me anyway. Then they told me that my domain was "protected", so I needed to fax them a copy of my driver's license. I did - twice. They said it was ilegible, and needed to be scanned so that all of the information was clear - including the photo ID and the signature. Now, why is it that when I first registered my domain, they did not require any of this personal information? They just asked for the basics (name, address, phone number...) and a credit card number - that's it. So, now why do they want me to send them this info, which by the way, I've been warned not to send by both my bank and my credit card company? Why would they need to see my signature clearly if they have nothing to compare it to?

By this point, I had become increasingly concerned about my private information being out there, for who knows who to see and copy. I am not willing to risk having my identity stolen by the low-life scum that these employees seem to be. Since I would not send it, they refused to give me my refund. I then filed a claim with my credit card company, and they did a chargeback. GoDaddy.com then sent me a threatening email, saying that if I didn't find an alternate form of payment, that they were going to force me to pay the original amount plus an administrative fee. My credit card company told me to ignore their harrassment. Btw, all of the other organizations will be receiving detailed complaints, as well (Attorney General's Office, Online Better Business Burea, etc.). I know my complaint will be just a drop in the sea. GoDaddy.com deserves a class-action suit, and to be completely shut down.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by    +2 Votes
Hello everyone. Godaddy has done the same to us. I am an ordained minister and we registered a domain name for our church in February 2009. We registered it via Blogger (Google) as the original intent was to host our blog on our own domain. Goddaddy and Google together equated to one big headache. We never did get the domain up and running. A simple request to "push though" our blog turned into a major ordeal and we could never get anyone to respond to technical questions. Godaddy and Google have only pointed the finger of blame at each other. Our domain sat idle for a year. During that time, we asked for a refund. No response. We asked for technical support. No response. Google certainly knew where to contact us to put their hand out for renewal! We have never been contacted by Godaddy. meanwhile HostGator.com gave us a technology grant and registered a separate domain name for our organization. We like their service. They have been quite helpful in instructing our staff how to build our website. We have had this new domain up and running within a couple of days! To make a long story short, we wanted to transfer the domain previously registered with Godaddy and (supposedly) hosted by Google, over to HostGator. Of course, neither company responded and we were instructed how to unlock the domain and obtain the authorization code from HostGator. So of course, Godaddy and Google were put on notice by this action that our domain was being moved. HostGator has not been successful in transferring the domain due to the incompetence of Godaddy and Google, who are still playing whose on first. Google immediately cancelled the email accounts that were associated with the domain (the only part of this transaction that ever was functional). We never recieved any notice from Godaddy that our domain was about to expire. When we signed up, there was nothing that indicated any type of "redemption fee", which is a sneaky way to gouge their customers. Godaddy is not worth the fee to renew a domain, let alone the 80.00 plus renewal fee they are demanding. We are considering going to the news media, as these people have now stolen from a church. That is not good public relations. We have explained to Google and Godaddy that the name on our domain has been Trademarked and so it cannot be used legally by anyone else. We did this because we had an incident where some college kids created an imposter website and were collecting donations in our name. This is what is going to happen if Godaddy sells our domain and considering what I have read on this board, that is a good possibility. We have reported this deceitful conduct to the State Attorney of Florida, our home state. We would also be interested in a class-action.
 14th of Apr, 2010 by    +2 Votes
My experiences with this company are very similar to those on this board. In some cases, some experiences were much worse. I have pretty much dealt with everything that has come our way from this company, ranging from incompetent staff to our sites being off line.
I have had the difficulties of logging into my account to update information, upload files, etc. To resolve that issue, I use Filezilla. I actually do not have to log into my account anymore for any reason other than to make a payment. (I have well over 25+ domains registered under my account number) I am a website designer and have even threatened GoDaddy with the action of posting a complaint site against them, bringing national coverage to the site (SEO, advertising, etc) and making them "sorry for pissing me off". I have requested refunds numerous times. In fact, while trying to help one of my clients, I encountered huge difficulties setting up the services they wanted. (My client was on a conference call with me and GoDaddy).. My client became so irritated that they refused to allow me to do their site if it had any association with GoDaddy. Needless to say they are hosted elsewhere and everything has been smooth sailing with them. While I have never lost a customer because of GoDaddy, I have come close several times. The day it happens, I will take action...rest assure! I have personally been a customer of GoDaddy since 2006 and since that time the problems really began about 2 1/2 years ago. At first, everything went fine...then the problems began. The biggest problem is not only customer service, but the intelligence level. Many of these employees are not savvy when it comes to tech issues. You actually need to request for a tech to contact you or be transferred. Usually the techs that have been there at least 3+ years know a little about things and can usually help you out.

I have gone as high as the corporate office several times...it does nothing... While there are a few guys up there that can usually look into a tech issue and maybe address a question or even help out themselves, as far as demanding a refund, ha! The most I ever got was a credit for ONE MONTH! Never mind my site being affected for weeks, sometimes a full month or longer and loosing a lot of money and potential clients! That was hundreds, if not thousands of dollars I lost...AND CAN PROVE!

Honestly I gave up on this company a LONG TIME AGO! It is just not worth it...If I could, I would move every domain, but unfortunately that is a HUGE NIGHTMARE to deal with! (I have had to do this at least three times...each time the other company had to release the domain because even after the mandatory 5 days, GoDaddy still did not release the domains)

GoDaddy will play down these reviews too when you mention them. I have told them about the number of complaints online about them. They always respond the same way... We have millions of customers, those complaints are not even a 1/8 of our business...or something along those lines.

I noticed today that where I live, there are at least 2 billboards along the road for HostGator.com. While I have never used them, I am curious because I hear great things about them.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that anyone reading this and has not chosen to use GoDaddy will USE CAUTION and know that from my experiences with this company alone, it is simply not worth your hassle, time or money. There are other companies out there (NO NAMES) that offer lower/similar pricing, similar or better plans and much more importantly...better service.
 23rd of May, 2010 by    +1 Votes
Hello guys, If you heard about OHN SCAM, I think its the same company of go daddy, OHN is A huge scam company too we should do something

Advice From 1998 - Bottled Water