logo

www.FragranceX.com
bad service
2. (0 mins ago)
www.FragranceX.com
Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!
3. (1 mins ago)

Global Connections Travel

Posted:    Howard

Unprofessional

Global Connections Travel
When I started looking for a time share global connection was great for me, but im so hurt by all the sweet talk and I still dont get the vaction I want or time I need to go. Ive been missed led by those that have a degree in business and lies for a sale.so that puts me into believing if it sounds to good to be true, it is.Im very unhappy, and no one at global cares at all.I put in for mary vacations for 2010 a year ahead.what more can i do.
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Global Connections Travel complaints
Global Connections Travel - Lies, Lies, and more Lies

Comments

14th of Oct, 2009 by   SunshineTosha +1 Votes
I am a member of Global Travel Club also known as Global Connections
I purchased a membership from Tyson's corner VA.

I must say the promotional gifts SUCK .. But the membership it self is great. I have gone on two vacations witch I would not have been able to do if it wasn't for Global just wanted you all to know that this is a Travel Club that does WORK and I look forward to our next family vacation.
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   golfanatic -1 Votes
I remember I used one of the complimentary vacation gifts for 3 days and 2 nights to go to Hawaii, but I didn't use the flight they provided on the way back. I wanted to stay for a week in Hawaii so I bought my own ticket back. Thanks, global connections inc. for the flight there and the the stay at the hotel. Maybe I should go back for another presentation and this time get the program because I see there are so many complaints on the promotional gift, but none on the actual program they sell. If someone as dumb as me was able to book the promotional gift with ease, then I assume letting them book my next vacation will be easier.
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   FrickinAnnoyed -2 Votes
This is a SCAM people! My husband and I sat through their 90 min presentation where they kept saying "This isn't a timeshare" and "Timeshares are horrible" and "We don't pressure you into buying anything". Well that was all crap!

Typical salespeople hoopla - The "Owner" just happens to be there so he can make us some "offers" not normally available. Then he "drops" the price of membership from $11, 900 to $8, 000. So we decide to leave and just take our "free gift."

Well, the free gift is 3 days/2 nights for R/T airfare and hotel. The fine print says that the departing flights leave at either 3pm or 9pm and the returning flights depart at 6am or 9am. Trips must start on a Monday.

So, they can be jerks and give you a 9pm flight on a Monday, where you'll arrive anywhere from 11pm. to 1 am. and then you only have Tuesday to enjoy your day, but you'll have to go to bed early to make a 6 am flight on Wednesday.

That doesn't sound like a trip to me. Not to mention all the fees and taxes that you have to pay. Free is never free my friends.
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   Blog Master 0 Votes
If anybody needs assistance with the Global Discovery Vacations membership. please email me @ themacmail@yahoo.com.
Global is a great company with over 200, 000 users. Rated A+ by the BBB. If you have an issue with the gifts offered by promo marketing companies, please contact the marketing company that contacted you, Global does not have an internal marketing department. I can help you!!!
Thanks and Godspeed.
Michael Cantrell
www.globalreppro.com
themacmail@yahoo.com
 7th of Sep, 2010 by   Maurice Gumbs -1 Votes
My wife and I are about to file a complaint with the Office of the Attorney General Of Florida, and as many other agencies as we can find. We have been travelling constantly, and have not had the time to pursue this matter. However, the truth is that we have put out close to $8, 000 and have received very little for it from Global Connections.

The great attraction for us in putting out that much was the offer of a plane trip, a Caribbean cruise, and a 2 night stay in a Hotel. Without those incentives we would never have signed up. However, none of them came through, and we were told that Global is in Court with the two companies which should have delivered the promised incentives.

We paid a "lesser-price" for one week in a hotel which we never would have stayed in, and where we slept on the floor.

And we were short-changed on our Hawai Cruise( which we paid for in addition to almost $8, 000 that we paid for joining) when it was cut short by one day. Then we were forced to stay on the same island where we had spent a week already.

We have made an offer to Global which is very reasonable.
However, they appear unwilling to do any less than claim
almost $8, 000 from us which they have not earned.

We are busy people, but we will find the time to pursue this.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   EStout 0 Votes
Howard

Hello, my name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to assist you with your membership. Please call me on my direct line (913) 660-7780.

Eric Stout
Operations Manager
Global Connections, Inc.
 30th of Oct, 2010 by   americajrdetroit 0 Votes
Hi,

My name is Jason Rzucidlo and I am the Owner & Web Designer of AmericaJR.com. I received lots of complaints about the Global Vacation Network so I decided to do some investigating. I encourage you read and comment on these articles before attending a GVN sales presentation:

http://americajr.com/news/globalvacationnetwork0314.html (You can also view all of the documents you will be required to sign in a PDF file)

Many of the GVN offices will show you a phony BBB rating that is not their true rating. Always check BBB ratings at www.bbb.org.

Secondly, GVN is offering huge prizes like Lincoln Navigators that are impossible to win. They are only giving away 1 and your chances to win it are 1 in a million. So if they told you that you won one, you probably didn't.

Good luck in your travels.

Jason
 15th of Dec, 2010 by   Gurnee Couple -1 Votes
I atended a meeting tonight and they were not going to let us out of there without fire sale after fire sale. At the end, it was reduced to $2495 for one week and 2 bonus weeks. But I didn't take it. they were desperate. Also the gift sounds like junk, but we will try to claim it.
 19th of Dec, 2010 by   Irritated at Ignorance +1 Votes
I have to say the complaints I am reading are very well placed by either individuals that are not members that recieved gifts from other companies called marketing companies that provide tours for different types of vacation companies. If you have issues with your free gift with the marketing companies? Comfront those marketing companies not the organization that paid the marketing company to see you. You blame your lack of understanding of a vacation that did not come from Global on Global. I also have to laugh at the attempt by either former employees or individuals that could not become members because of lack of financing choices to smear an A+ company on the better businees bureau because of there own ignorance.
I am a Global member and have had some issues here and there, but there is no perfect company out there. I will say they did everything in there power to fix my issues and they did. I respect that, and they also fulfilled one of the greatest vacations I ever had with my family. Great memories, great times!! And to the ignorant nay sayors.. GROW UP and pick on a companie that you can actually tarnish.
 31st of Dec, 2010 by   Laufting ed +1 Votes
Global connection post presentation gift is useful joke. One air round trip for two and two nights in Marriott hotel in reality sound this way; you have to depart only on Monday or Tuesday definitely after 3pm and return in two days departing 6am cha cha cha so how many days you really have??? ONE baby only ONE and only in the middle of the week and of course it can, t be used in the busy season.
And for this B.S. you have to apply 90 days before your trip no later and send them a 50$ money order per each person. What the perfect brain wash.
 31st of Jan, 2011 by   Do your Homework 0 Votes
I have just returned from a sales presentation for Global 2 days ago. All I have to say is that if you are considering buying into this, then please ask a lot of questions, and try to do some research beforehand. The fact is, they do NOT tell you everything about the club unless you ask. They only give you 3 business days to cancel, but you can't get on their website to check it out until you receive you membership number, which is about 7 days after you sign up. When you see their website, you will notice they only have a small selection of places to go. For example, they have no locations in New York, Chicago, or even the Florida Keys. They say that if you don't see a place where you want to go, on the website, then to call and they will check to see what they may have, if anything at all. I don't see why I should pay out so much money, when I can't even see what resorts or locations are available. I would think that a company that's been around since 1971 (per sales presentation) would have all of their destinations and resorts plainly on their website for their members. And that peak season and value season thing is a whole other joke on it's own.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   Ronwit 0 Votes
My wife and I purchased a "PLAN" We were skeptical and did not act on our instinct "NOT TO BUY" However, after the spiel given by their representative of numerous resorts to vacation at, we bought one for $5, 020.00. A decision we regret to this day. The choices to go to are minimal or non existent. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Michigan Attorney General. We were given names of resorts in Michigan, Florida and many more. One place available in Michigan but not at the time we wanted. Three day cancellation rule is useless because they don't give you an access number to their web-site until the fourth day. The book/catalog they show with hundreds of places is not owned by them. They sub-contract from other Travel Agencies. I am trying to get our money back. If you go to their seminar, My advice would be: take your gift and don't buy. Go home.
 11th of Apr, 2011 by   dlphin0 0 Votes
Liars, Liars, Liars!!! We went to a sales pitch in Orlando. My family goes on a yearly trip to Key West and usually spend over $2, 000 for the condo alone for the week. So, if this membership did what they tell you it does, it would have saved us a ton of money every year. Unfortunately, it doesn't! Even though we were VERY specific that we were buying this membership to use it for a yearly trip to Key West, and we wrote that on our papaerwork when they asked us where we planned to vacation first, and our sales guy showed us a book with specific properties we could stay at in Key West, when we called for the first time to book our trip, I was told "I have worked here for ten years and we have NEVER gone to Key West". I have asked them to cancel my membership (which was paid in full by the way) and so far I am just getting the run around. They have people call me who then tell me they don't have the authority to cancel it. Then why are they calling me when I asked to speak with someone about cancelling my membership????? We will see, but as of right now, it seems that they intentionally lied to us to get us to buy their product and they have no intention of making it right!!! And to those who are saying people commenting don't know what they are talking about because they are complaining about the free trips coming from the marketing companies, or are not members, I am a member, paid in full, and oh yeah, I never even got a free trip of any kind.
 16th of May, 2011 by   Anne Murray 0 Votes
We joined TAN/Southern journeys in 2004 and enjoyed some great vacations through them, however in December of 2010, whenwe phoned TAN with Questions about our upcoming vacation we were informed our membership had been transferred to Global Connections Inc/Vacation Quest. We never received prior notification of the transfer from TAN or GCI. TAN dinged our credit card for our annual fee two months prior to the transfer and since then we have received three bills from GCI trying to collect the already paid fees. We filed with the BBB, have tried to contact Eric Stout unsuccessfully and have gone to the mother company Southern Journeys LLC and been sent their GCI/Vacations Quest package and a verbal that the bill is taken care of. GCI's fees are $90+ more then TAN and there are more hidden charges for attempting to book a vacation week with them then we have ever encountered.
 16th of May, 2011 by   EStout 0 Votes
Ms. Murray

Please contact me at (913) 660-7780. I would be happy to review your membership with you.

Eric Stout
Operations Manager
Global Connections, Inc.
 18th of May, 2011 by   Anne Murray 0 Votes
Dear Mr Stout,
We did call you and e-mailed as well, twice. You never did get back to us. Is this public complaint board your best venue for communication with clients ?
 1st of Jun, 2011 by   Not fallin for a scam 0 Votes
Free air fare my a$$! We did not opt for the vacation plan-for a few reasons- 1)What travel agency does not have a sign on their building at their "Grand Opening" stating the name of their business? 2) What travel agency does not have posters of places to travel to? 3) No "Travel Consultant" had any personal items at their desks. These people could pack up and go at a moments notice. I was amazed at how many people handed over checks for $5, 000 to someone they spent 90 minutes with. When we got home and began to fill out the paperwork for our "free" round trip tickets, we read the fine print. I have to send $75 (supposedly refundable as long as I don't cancel my plane reservations-but they don't tell me when it is refunded to me AND I have to send the form certified mail-to a P.O. Box. You can't send certified mail to a P.O. Box-who's going to sign for it?!!?!!!?!!!?) This is a scam. When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Just signed and Happy! 0 Votes
Point 1. I have done my research with the www.bbb.org website. Global Connections is a A+ accreditation business with the Better Business Bureau. They have had 112 complaints in the last 3 yrs and 88 were resolved with the BBB assistance and 24 Global made good faith efforts per the bbb guidelines to resolve but customer not satisfied.
Point 2. In Florida & alot of other states a consumer has 3 BUSINESS DAYS from a travel sell contract to cancel. This is not something Global provides you, it is States law. Even if you don't get a access number until after 3 days, you get the contracts (you should have read, before you signed), along with the membership book with again detailed membership info. 3 days is more than enough time to read over all that & if you are not satisfied..cancel per your states law. And if you have 3 days (more if you signed on Saturday as business day 1 starts on Monday) to cancel, why pay entire plan upfront?, I would not have. Our Membership Agreement in the center, in bold states Buyer's Right To Cancel - You, the buyer, may cancel this transaction at any time prior to midnight of the third business day after the date of this transaction. See the notice of cancellation form on the reverse side for an explanation of rights. *Cancel info is on the back with clear instructions, suggestions of sending certified, return receipt, making copies of everything, & again highlighting the 3 business days, b4 midnight rule*
Point 3. I can only speak for our presentation. They told us verbally & it was in the contract initials page that metro area such as NY, San Fransico, DC, Internation Rome, Paris, London do not apply under Value Weeks, as wells as bermuda, Captiva, Sanibel, and the Florida Keys (this would include Key West). Be responsible adults & listen and always READ what you sign before you sign ... and then re-read during your cancellation period.
We read every thing before we signed our names, asked as many questions we felt necessary, before we gave them a $290 deposit. We also read over those "free gifts" and felt they were not good at all & negotiated to return them & got them to add items to our travel plan & initial & made sure included in contract. So be wise & mature. We used the salespersons laptop & researched bbb website & others from their desk! Then did same on day we returned home. We are happy with our decision to become members & will use it 2 times a year at the least.
 26th of Jun, 2011 by   Just signed and Happy! +1 Votes
Here is a cut & paste of www.BBB.org page about the company. You can copy to your computer browser.
 3rd of Jul, 2011 by   Dan Freimark 0 Votes
My wife and I attended a meeting last night in Gurnee IL. The only way we attended this meeting was that they sent us a letter telling us we got two round trip airline tickets. Yes, we found the place with no names on it and has to fill out a form and it was at that time they told us the sales would take only 90 minutes. They were right it did take 90 minutes and kept telling us it was not a time share. Then we were sent to talk to a sales person that tried to talk us into putting a deposit on this dream vacation package. We had to make up our mind right now or this offer would not be extended. If something that you are selling is good you don't have to give away free air line tickets that you have to pay for. When we told them after their additional 30 minute speech that we were not going to buy. They gave us the certificate for the "free" trip? They did ask us to leave via the back door as there were new clients coming through the front? Read and look into before you buy and never in haste.

Tips for Keeping Your Online Business Safe