logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
ccieperfectsolutions.com
Cheated me with the product
2. (20 mins ago)
Fraudulent company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Gigats.com, Wisconsin Complaints & Reviews - Hijacked during online job application

Gigats Contacts & Informations

Gigats.com

Posted: 2013-02-07 by    Gigats scam

Hijacked during online job application

Gigats.com
Wisconsin
While applying for a job on an online job posting site, my application was hijacked by Gigats.com and was told I had to speak to a representative in person in order for them to get additional information for my application. I was told by "Kenneth" that he was able to submit only one applicant per day to the company advertising for this position, only the best applicant for the job would be referred by him. Between this (red flag already) BS speech, he kept asking me if I wanted to continue my education or start my own business. No, I just want to apply for this job I told him. I continued to get the hard sell for school, etc. In the end (after lots of May God Bless you's from Kenneth) and an assurance he'd send my referral in for the job, he told me he'd email me more information about this job. All I ever got was my phone blown up with calls trying to pressure me into enrolling me in college and no job referral. The entire thing was B.S. I'm not sure if my application or resume ever made it to the employer. Lies, lies and more lies. They should be put out of business!
Comments United States Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Feb, 2013 by   MicheleLL 0 Votes
I agree, I did not receive any additional information pertaining to a job and even though I told everyone it would be several months before I attend school I got numerous phone calls from different universities and none of the calls were relating to a job
 8th of Feb, 2013 by   Gigats +1 Votes
Hi, I'm a representative of Gigats. First, I'd like to apologize for your negative experience with our job site. I can assure you that your experience is not representative of company policy. When we say that calls will be recorded for quality control, this is the precise reason we do. We will be reviewing your call to take any and all disciplinary actions appropriate. Gigats has a zero tolerance policy for this type of behavior.

Additionally, we will be reviewing your account to make sure that you will receive job alerts and all other information pertinent to your job hunt as requested. Again, I'm very sorry that this was your first experience with our site. We are striving to make it the best tool available to assist job seekers find a wonderful job. We hope you'll give us a second chance.
 8th of Feb, 2013 by   Gigats 0 Votes
Hi, I'm a representative for Gigats. I'm very sorry that your first experience with Gigats was troublesome. Let me assure you that we will be reviewing your call to take any and all actions to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the future. We take quality control very seriously, and have zero tolerance for violations of company policy.

We will also be reviewing your account to ensure that you receive only the type of information you're interested in, i.e. job alerts and other communications related to your job hunt. That is our primary concern.

Again, I deeply apologize for any inconvenience you have endured. We hope you'll give us a second chance.
 9th of Feb, 2013 by   sundaytimes10 0 Votes
What a load of $#%#! How are you going to pull the recording when the OP did not give you their name and date/time of call? I hate these places that advertise "jobs" and then when you apply, you find out its just someone trying to make money off referring you to a school. This is precisely why you don't reply to blind ads on Craigslist.
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   Gigats +1 Votes
sundaytimes10, thank you for your comment. I have privately contacted the original poster and asked for some more information to pull the correct call. This is obviously not something we want to discuss publicly, since it does involve sensitive private information.

However, we also have a Quality Assurance team that regularly not only monitors for breaches of company policy, but also to ensure that each call is performed to our highest standards. It is probable that this call has already been flagged and that representative has been disciplined. But, since we have a zero tolerance policy regarding these issues, we will double check with the OP to ensure we have followed up completely.

Again, thank you for your concerns.
 11th of Feb, 2013 by   Gigats scam 0 Votes
I posted the original complaint on this site against gigats.com. I got the same (form letter) response emailed to me from gigats. They asked me to reply with the email address I gave the rep so they could f/u with "Kenneth" (who, by the way sounded very much like a woman). however, they gave no link for a reply & the email address that their message was sent from was a "no reply" email address. I get the feeling they are fairly versed in responding to these issues. Additionally, "Kenneth" gave me his "personal email address" and when I tried to email him to ask what was going on, I never got any type of reply from him. Would be interesting to know how many other people has this same experience when hijacked by Gigats.com...
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   You picked the wrong person 0 Votes
I am looking for a job in the Security/ Law Enforcement fields. That should have been their first clue not to scam me. I saw a job for Security at Lockheed Martin. In order to apply for this job I had to fill out an "Information" page so I did. I was then instructed to call a Rep for more details on the job. All they wanted to do wanted to do was get me to go back to school. I made it perfectly clear that I was NOT interested in further education as I have more than 5 years of school and technical college schooling. I just wanted to apply for the job at Lockheed. chantal.h@gigats.com assured me my resume had already been sent to Lockheed, and they would send me other similar job opportunities. When I repeated tole Chantal I was not interested in furthering my education. Before I could even get off the phone the calls started coming in from educational organizations. My phone hasn't stopped ringing since.
I contacted Lockheed myself and they said no such job existed and they did not receive my resume, so I sent them my resume and they said if any position does come up they will contact me directly.
I have been forwarding all the Spam I receive back to Chantal and got an email from helpdesk@gigats.com and told my 'account' had been canceled but the calls and emails continue. Don't believe their BS and if you are looking for a job DO NOT fill out the gigats form. Contact the company directly and avoid the harassment. And if Gigats reads this no need to respond just contact EVERY Organization you sold my information, both email and phone number, to and have me removed, as I have requested you do in multiple emails. You can sign me up you can cancel them. In the meantime enjoy the SPAM. How does it feel? More where that comes from.
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   Gigats +2 Votes
I'm very sorry about your negative experience. I know it will bring you little solace, but the QA team has informed me that the issue with this representative has already been resolved. Unfortunately, since you have chosen to be anonymous, I am unable to do more for you regarding the unwanted solicitations you are receiving. Good luck with your job search in the future.
 22nd of Feb, 2013 by   countingbackwards 0 Votes
I had a similar experience when I applied for a purported administrative assistant job at General Motors in Roswell, GA. I received a message to call and reached a man named Caleb who asked me about my experience and told me that it would look better on my resume to show that I was going towards a higher degree. I told him I was indifferent towards school and that since I am unemployed, I cannot afford it. I told him it would be easier for me to go to school if I had a job and he said he would send me a username and password and start telling employers about me. I asked, "What about a resume? Don't you need a resume to send to people?" He said he wasn't allowed to look at my resume and that it would be sent to employers after I signed up on his website. When I looked at the website which asks a lot of detailed information, it says that prospective employers do not have access to any of the information I submit other than my resume. Caleb had told me that they would send me job alerts every day and that if I applied for one a day for 30 days, he guaranteed I would get a job. I almost went for it, but when he transferred me to his person at education connection, she got snippy with me because I could not agree to spend another half hour on the phone with her while she looked for online schools. She told me that the man I spoke with had asked me if I had time to talk. I told her he asked if I had a few minutes to talk, and I did, but I didn't have time to prolong this forever. She said she could not call me back, but I received a good number of calls from numbers I do not know since then and my email has a new accumulation of junk mail. Shame on these people for causing problems for people already in a bad situation.
 4th of Mar, 2013 by   Gigats scam +1 Votes
Gigats.com should represent themselves honestly, not as con artists. To have reps reply to these complaints and act as though this shouldn't happen, is extremely rare and they want to correct these "rare" problems, makes it even more abhorent. There are enough avenues to pursue higher education if a person wants to do it. Get a (different) gig, Gigats, or at the very least, get real & be honest with people and stop hijacking people who are simply trying to find work.
 9th of Mar, 2013 by   CeaseTheBS 0 Votes
Alright, Mr. Bullsh!t Artist @ Gigats.(CON) ---

If Gigats.com is as reputable as you and your peers edify---and consequently, the numerous "claims of deceit" are without merit:
Explain why all three of the browser tools installed on my computer; including WOT, pop up red flags, marking Gigats poorly or disallowing a redirect connection owing to its "the Company's" click-jacking, phishing and scam potentials and properties.

Moreover, I know people who fell prey to the Gigats line of sh!t, each reporting the unethical behavior---and after months passing, are still receiving calls---calls that they were assured would stop, immediately. Perhaps, they too are making misrepresentations against Gigats.com.

Just come clean, and tell the public the truth. Something along the lines of "We reserve the right to sell your name" and "We reserve the right to supply your name to our affiliates".
 10th of Mar, 2013 by   Job Seeker2 0 Votes
Same experience here in Cincinnati. ALL Gigats did was PUSH me towards education. Tried to call them back and nobody even answers the phone here. They actually transferred me to a "Career Representative" who ONLY talked about education. I have a 2 year degree and am just a year short of my BA. I attended an excellent university in Ohio and they are telling me I should enroll at Daymar college as the education would, in short, help me with the job if I was enrolled. Gigats should be Giggles because its nothing but a JOKE. Educate me and tell me how to AVOID Gigats in the future. Planning on filing with the BBB in the morning and if I continue to get calls it is going to get ugly. You have no right to sell my information. If you are legitimate, why does nobody answer the phone during business hours? Perhaps you all are so busy with job seekers who are calling you to complain and have their names removed from call lists where you sold our information. I waited on line today during normal business hours for 40 minutes being told that the "hold time is not long" and what a revolutionary career portal they offer. My career specialist was Jason D and I never received any of the job information he promised, all I got was put into telemarketing hell. Tell me HOW to reach someone there by phone so my personal information is not sold again and is removed from your database. Needless to say, no reply from the employer. No need for Gigats to post on here how you will investigate and that this is not typical. Read all the comments; sounds like it's across the board to me other than the posts from your CAREER REPRESENTATIVES! We call it scammed where I come from. Comments?
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   Annoyed Unemployed 0 Votes
I too had the same experience. I applied for an Assembler position and was directed to call for further review. And that right there should have been a red flag. So I called Alfredo and after briefly reading back all the info on my résumé I was (accepted) into the program. We never spoke if my experience or hour or in the company in general. Finally after his bs read script I was passed to sum education counselor. How can I think of School when I hav bills to pay n need food to eat. I was really sic of the nonsense but stood my ground and refuse to accept ant referrals or emails regarding school. I can tell she was deeply upset at my successful attempts at blockn her school speech. I quickly got off the phone n then received a text for sum follow up registration lol! Rt! Please! Not again I wil never waste my time! No I will simply apply directly to a company and see how it goz!! "GigDicks sucks ass"
 23rd of Mar, 2013 by   Baltimom 0 Votes
I saw a job in my area and applied through gigats. I thought that the "interview" with gigats was weird because "Lois" kept asking me if I would go back to school. Seriously? I told her I would go back to school if someone else would pay for it. There is no way I would take on student loans. What really set me off was when I got the confirmation email that would let me login to the website and check my application I found that the login they provided wouldn't work. SCAM!

When I went to the website of the company I was interested in applying to to see if there was a position available in my field I could see that there was none available. But there were lots of others, which led me to believe that they do not outsource their hiring practice.
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   DeeLightingVenturesGal 0 Votes
I just tried to apply for an Administrative Assistant position in Atlanta, with Home Depot, and just went through the same thing as the person who spoke to "Kenneth." I am trying to get a job in this horrible economy and have no money to put towards going back to school. Rather than get lengthy here, let's just say my phone has been "blowing up with calls and texts from online universities. I just want a good full time job. How dis-heartening. -Denise
 30th of Mar, 2013 by   Isolde 0 Votes
I just experienced the same! I recently relocated to CT and am in search of a job. "Kenneth" told me the same BS and I am called him out, asking why he pressures me into going back to school. He quickly backpedaled and gave me the best of luck BS and he will email me... Still no email. I am just so mad that I didn't do more research before I called the number, which was sent by text message (that should have risen a red flag right away). It is very disheartening that honest people, who are in search of a job to make ends meet, are giving that run around and their hopes for finding a decent job are blown up in smoke!!
 2nd of Apr, 2013 by   HoppingMadatgigats 0 Votes
Whoa - wish I had seen all this BEFORE I got involved. My advertised job was with Pepsico. It took me less than 10 minutes to realize this was a scam but I've already rec'd a thank you email from the CSR Bradley A., who couldn't remember my name during the call, and I've already received two unknown numbers on my cell...it's been less than 24 hours since I applied for this job. I tried to unsubscribe but, of course, their wesite isn't working. I know this will get worse before it gets better. Shame on Gigats for trying to take advantage of people who are just looking to find a decent job in difficult times. And shame on the people who work for gigats...go find a real job!!! Better yet, sign yourself up for gigats and take a dose of your own medicine!
 3rd of Apr, 2013 by   oscar_the_grouch 0 Votes
Glad I saw this, and hope it's not too late. I went through the phone interview, and just got the email asking me to click a link to confirm my email address. I won't be clicking the link since there are so many reviews here and elsewhere that this company doesn't follow through on job leads.

I tried applying for the Assembler position listed in localhires and got the screen asking me to call a CSR. Gigats was listed as the offerer, so I figured they were some sort of screening agency, as they claim on the phone. I don't want to name the agent, as she was straightforward with me about their affiliation programs and income, and Gigats may not be as enthusiastic about her honesty as I am. I was willing to put up with spam from colleges in exchange for the "job of the day" referrals, but going from all these complaints, it sounds as though there are no such referrals occurring - only referrals to colleges, and I'm still paying college loans from ten years ago. When I was transferred to their educational "advisor", she said that they don't know of any courses in engineering, and gave me a non-affiliated link to search on my own, and wished me well.

Thanks to the original poster and followups. Maybe this company is trying to clean up their act, but it's far more likely that they are just pretending to clean up their act. This company has all my personal info, but hopefully I can simply ignore them and not get nailed by too much spam.
 11th of Jun, 2013 by   waman 0 Votes
I was just hijacked by Gigats and it was the same hard sell. They are just taking advantage of people who are out of work. When I told them I was a veteran who already had education covered and did not want their expert. Did he stop, no. The company is not cleaning up there act they are just fighting it online. Obviously nothing has changed.
 25th of Jun, 2013 by   Leayre7733 0 Votes
I just got a text message about a Job I applied for at a local hospital and it said to call a gigats agent so I did. As soon as they found out I had already enrolled in school and have an associates and a bachelors degree they pretty much stopped asking me questions and the 30 to 40 minute call time they estimated turned into a two minute call. The agent couldn't get me off the phone fast enough. apparently since I was ONLY interested in job hunting and already enrolled in school - they decided I wasn't worthy of their scam. This proved all of the above claims that they are hijacking job postings and giving people's information to others so they can be subjected to unwanted calls about going back to school - I'm glad I told them I was already enrolled because maybe I won't continue to get calls or be part of their little BS game they wanna play. I find it disgusting they would take advantage of people who are having such a hard time in today's TOUGH job market by doing this to people and they really DO need to be shut down...It's a JOKE!

Website Hijacking. Know who are dealing with!

Latest Groups