logo
search

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (40 mins ago)
Novelty Id
is novalnater@yahoo.com a legit person?
2. (40 mins ago)

Posted: 2012-01-25 by    Disgruntled Western NY

HUGE Rip off

Gem Shopping Network
Georgia
Gem Shopping Network is an enormous scam. To begin with they charge an enormous amount of shipping starting at something around $30.00 per item - and I'm talking about a pair of earrings. If you ask they will "offer" to ship it at a less expensive rate of around $20.00 per item. What you will receive is a poorly packaged item in a Priority Mail envelope.

Should you return an item you will wait and wait and wait for your credit card to be credited for the return. It has been over 20 days since the Gem Shopping Network received my return (sent via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation). Today is January 24 and the delivery confirmation receipt shows that they received the package on January 9.

When you call their so called customer service you will get the run around big time.
While they acknowledge receiving my return, they have also out and out lied about the date it was received stating that it was received on "Jan. 10 and 9:30 pm"...huh? That's impossible as the postal service does not deliver at NIGHT!!!
What I've had to do is file a complaint with my credit card company to finally get a refund.
Awful, just awful.
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Jan, 2012 by   Gem Shopping 0 Votes
Hi,
Please accept our apologies for any confusion in this matter. Let us address your concerns:
1. Shipping charges. Since we mostly sell fine-quality merchandise, we add insurance coverage to all shipments. The bulk of the charges you will see are for the insurance. This is mostly a pass-through fee from carriers.
2. Credit. Our current policy is to apply credit immediately after receipt and inspection of a returned item. It appears that your credit was issued on the 11th - one day after inspection. We are calling your credit card company today to verify processing and to determine any possible issues.
3. Receival date. The date we "receive" the item into our system is registered after physical receipt and inspection. Therefore, "January 10th at 9:30pm" was recorded.

I trust this has answered your concerns. If for some reason, your credit is still not showing, please contact our Credit Dept and they will be more than happy to assist. Again, we want to assure your satisfaction and apologize for any confusion.

GSN
 13th of Feb, 2015 by   dojoson 0 Votes
I never had a problem with them and I have been buying from them before they were Gemshooping network. I do my homework on gemstones and jewelry before I buy and have them show the Gem or jewelry up close, top to bottom. Old(antique) and estate jewelry are sold as is for a reason. Pay close attention and if you see a stone missing ask them to put in a new stone but it could take away from the value of the old piece. Shipping isnt much at all and I get my item with in a week. If I have to send it back, I call give the information, they give me a number and its done, no hassle.

Helpful Tips For Online Shoppers