logo

4. (14 mins ago)
Sheraton Market
Shipping of Cancelled Order
5. (1 hr 32 mins ago)
Elite Express Courier Services.
scam

Scam and cheating

GEICO
Washington
geico.com
I was a loyal Geico customer for over 10 years. I never had a claim. I never even had a speeding ticket or parking violation. Nothing. In a one year period, mine and my wife's cars were both hit, each time while our cars were not moving. First I was hit at a stoplight when a driver passed out and plowed through an intersection and hit a turning car in front of me. Again, my car was at a complete dead stop.

Later that same year, my wife's car was hit in her parking lot at work, when she wasn't even in the car. The car was unoccupied. Neither time did Geico pay a claim on my behalf when I was at fault. Would you like to know what GEICO did? They told me I was an unacceptable rick and promptly canceled all my coverages. When I called up and talked to them, their reason was that there were two claims against my policy. What?

Basically, after even after asking for and talking to a supervisor, I was informed that because both accidents were caused by other GEICO insured drivers, my policy was being canceled. I have never been as upset with a company I had done business with before.

No matter how old I become or how many people I have to tell this story to, I will never ever do business with this company again. They took over $15, 000 of premiums from me and then canceled me because I had the misfortune to get hit twice (in stationary vehicles) in 12 months by other Geico customers. I guess next time I'm at a red light, I should make sure I get hit by a State Farm or Allstate insured driver.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Sep, 2008 by   Maria -1 Votes
I am insured by geico since 2006 and I believe that they where the lowest rate i could find on auto insurance but that does not compare to all the hidden fees that they require you to pay without any notice. Geico should change its name to fraudco anything they can do to put money in there pockets. Geico charges hidden fees like under 3 years new driver insurance and if you had an international license for 6 years before that and get a US license they charge you as a new driver what crock of s***. Stay away from Geico if your a new driver and if your thinking of getting geico they will tell you a quote that is resonable and then when you take it they will add all kinds of fees when you least expect it to come. Geico sucks!!!
 14th of Jan, 2009 by   dcr +1 Votes
I find this very hard to believe.

I work in claims for a rather large insurance company (can't name names but we're in the ballpark with this complaint) and every day I come across dozens of insureds who are dealing with their 10th, 15th, 20th claim. Good mix of at fault, not-at-fault, comparative negligence, you name it. I deal with people who file a claim if a bird sneezes on their car and want us to pay for it - every time. And they keep coming back filing claims - without being cancelled.

If this company canceled policies for every policyholder with 2 not-at-fault accidents in one year, for a 10-year policyholder (you've been nothing but profit for them for 9 of those 10 years), and with you not using your paid-for first party coverages, they'd be out of business.

Either you're full of it, or there's much more behind the scenes that you've not let on.

Perhaps you didn't pay your premium on time?

And with any of these large insurance companies, it matters not which carrier is the liable carrier for the vehicle that struck yours.
 20th of Feb, 2009 by   honest 0 Votes
I concur w/ dcr. and to maria, you're an idiot. what company in their right mind would NOT charge on a policy for a BRAND NEW DRIVER whos most likely going to get something on their record in the next 3 years? think about it
 28th of Dec, 2009 by   autoinsurance 0 Votes
Thats why I got cheap auto insurance at http://insurancequote.tk
 14th of Apr, 2011 by   Leo Ding 0 Votes
I totally agree. My car was hit by another GEICO driver in parking lot. My car is unoccupied. I have two witness and pictures of both car and truck. Then GEICO set me up. Didn't give me any information in 2 weeks and I can't find my GEICO adjuster. Then 2 weeks later, they change the adjuster and told me the GEICO truck drive is denying and my witnesses are late and they lost credit! WTF! I told the first adjuster I had witness and he never contact them even he know the truck driver is denying. Now they said the witnesses are late for 2 weeks! This is a dirty company.
 11th of May, 2011 by   HatingGEICO 0 Votes
I have been with GEICO for about 9 years. No accidents, no claims. I moved to a new zip code about 1 mile away and my insurance went up by $70 per year. I am now considering bailing on them. Some customer loyalty they have.
 10th of Apr, 2013 by   la lady 0 Votes
My dad was a passenger in a car hit by somebody who had GEICO liability insurance in Los Angeles. The GEICO agent is saying that they do not want to pay his medical bills because he is a senior and want to see if medical will pay. This sounds like a scam. Can anybody provide any insight on this because this appears to be totally illegal and a burden on the MEDICAL SYSTEM. Thank you.
 2nd of Sep, 2014 by   Satishreddy13 0 Votes
I have never been in an accident, never filed a claim and have no incident. GEICO increased my premium from $140 to $190, reason they say it is Kentucky wide policy. They further increased to $223/month because i updated my status, i got married(My wife does not drive). According to customer care GEICO increases premium if status is changed. GEICO Customer care does not think an increase of $83/month or 960/year.
Note - Never Opt for Auto payments or Renewals.

Voting Against the Recently-Passed U.S. Health Care Reform