logo

Geico Contacts & Informations

Geico

Posted:    George Lizard

Claim rip off

We were on our way home when a Geico Insured driver went to sleep and rear ended our car. My wife was hurt and lost her job. I lost over $5,000.00 in lost wages. It took 2 years of fighting to get Geico to settle, $960.00 to me and $17,000.00 to my wife. This is before expenses and attorneys. I have to settle now. I am dying from Cancer. Geico threatened to keep postponing the case until after I die. Geico paid to have a specialist fly from Atlanta GA. to Memphis TN. to argue the reduction of $9,000.00 on the claim. It cost Geico $15,239.98 to cheat my wife out of $11,000.00 total.

The stupid thing is that we were covered by Geico also. It took them 9 months to find out who covered the driver that hit us. They were going to pay an uninsured motorist claim on their client. They told us that they exhausted every resource to find out who the other driver was insured by. (It was them). Our Attorney had to find out for them.

They keep sending me mailers and emails to come back to Geico. Why? So I can be screwed again?
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Mar, 2008 by   Morvan 0 Votes
2 years is actually a typical timeframe for that kind of payout. Insurance companies budget each year based on the last 4 years of unpaid losses.

It is funny that they spent more fighting your case than what you wanted paid though.
 16th of Sep, 2008 by   Maria 0 Votes
I am insured by geico since 2006 and I believe that they where the lowest rate i could find on auto insurance but that does not compare to all the hidden fees that they require you to pay without any notice. Geico should change its name to fraudco anything they can do to put money in there pockets. Geico charges hidden fees like under 3 years new driver insurance and if you had an international license for 6 years before that and get a US license they charge you as a new driver what crock of s***. Stay away from Geico if your a new driver and if your thinking of getting geico they will tell you a quote that is resonable and then when you take it they will add all kinds of fees when you least expect. Geico sucks!!!
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   insuranceisajoke 0 Votes
how do they pay for the caveman adds? and the gecko adds, and the money you could be saving ads??? Three simultaneous add campaigns, , , , talk about propaganda...
 18th of Mar, 2010 by   Forthepeopletothepeople 0 Votes
I hope there green little geico gets under a paper cutter then have that little aussie accent funkers head chopped off.
Geico can go straight to hell. So to every single person in the world please stay away from Geico...let the resession put them under and get them good. AIG is way cheaper then Geico anyways by hundreds of dollars.

Make Sure Windows Is Up To Date!

Latest Groups