logo

Turkish Airlines
Customer Relations Department
3. (11 mins ago)
leatherjacket.tv
They took too much and no delivery of the order
4. (32 mins ago)
UK Mail Group (formerly known as Business Post Group)
Worst Delivery Service in the UK
5. (58 mins ago)
Magic loans
refusing to reply to messages left with them re-refund

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

GC Services Limited Partnership Complaints & Reviews - GC Services are thieves!

GC Services Limited Partnership Contacts & Informations

GC Services Limited Partnership

Posted:    Deidre Marcello

GC Services are thieves!

I had a bill in collections from GC Services Limited Partnership. I paid this bill November 11,2006. It is now March 13, 2007 and my payment was never sent to the original biller, they claim they never received my money. I have a confirmation number and a bank statement showing the payment made, and they still insist payment was not made,and would not make any effort to correct the problem. Due to GC Services Limited Partnership mistake my credit report has a dent in it that they refuse to fix. They fought with me about the payment made, screamed and cursed at me and kept hanging up the phone. They would not let me speak to a supervisor or another employee. Instead GC Services Limited Partnership would put me on speaker phone and talk slanderously. My money has been stolen and is still floating around in there pocket. There is no correcting this because they will not answer the phone or let someone else know the situation so it can be correct. GC Services Limited Partnership are thieves!
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Apr, 2007 by   Shantel Lewis 0 Votes
I have been being harassed by GC services. They are the rudest unprofessional group of individuals I have ever had to deal with. They won't let you speak with supervisors. They have cursed me out, laughed in my face and left rude messages on my voicemail. And the kicker is that they are looking for someone whom I don't know and have told them that it is the wrong number. I will be filing a complaint with the better business bureau.
 9th of Apr, 2007 by   Pixie Moore 0 Votes
Got a call from (GC Services Limited Partnership) these thieves and the caller identified herself as Tina and then asked my name. I asked her who she was calling from, the company and she became very rude and began rattling off an address seeking for me to verify. When I insisted on her company's identity she hung up. Fortunately for caller ID I had their number and Googled it and found this collection agency and the many comments about their practices. Don't be fooled and identify yourself or confirm your identity that is their tactic. I did not confirm my address. I then tried to call their number 713-771-1450 and it was busy. By way of Google the phone number came up to a BBB web site showing that was one of their many numbers. I called the main number and asked for a Tina and was told the company was very large and it was impossible to find this Tina. I did not want to give my name as I would only be harassed by these people. I don't have any unpaid debts so I know this is not correct and wonder why these people are bothering me. Just be aware that is why I'm posting this. PM
 12th of Apr, 2007 by   Kristin 0 Votes
Great. I am really nervous now. I have arranged payment with this company for an old cell phone account.
I received a bill just recently from the cell phone carrier for the full amount, but, I assumed it was printed before my first of 2 payments posted. I will contact the cell carrier and verify they've received notification of the payment. The second payment is due to post tomorrow. I hope I can get to the bottom of this ASAP so I can put a stop-payment on the electronic check if necessary.

I work too hard for my money to have it taken and still be liable with the original company!
 23rd of Apr, 2007 by   Elesa L. Binner 0 Votes
GC Services is the most incompetent, unprofessional so called "agency" I have ever seen !! I received a call from them on a Saturday morning regarding an old student loan that I have had to put on the back burner for a long time. I did not dispute the account, and was very willing to cooperate and set up a rehabilitation program. I gave this "collection agency" all of my info, and complied diligently with their every request as far as faxing their forms to them to set up the program with payment arrangements. I allowed them to do automatic debits from my checking account, beginning with a $300 down payment, and another $100 as my first payment. They continue to call me constantly wanting me to fax and re-fax the same information that I have already faxed to them more than once. I refuse to cooperate with them any longer. I now need to contact the original creditor to make sure they have received my down payment and first payment. I am going to close that checking account, as it was only a 2nd account used for them only, to begin with. (Thank God I did not give them my main account information.) If I can reach a payment agreement with the original creditors, I will be more than happy to arrange a payment plan with them, but GC Services will not receive another dime from me willfully.
 2nd of May, 2007 by   Amy C Halloran 0 Votes
GC services is trying to collect money on an account that has been payed on by Care One Credit counseling services . They have been rude and not provided me with any documentation that the account has not been payed on even though I have documentation that it has been payed on. They tried to take money out of my account even though I told them I was questioning the debt and needed proof of authenticity.
 10th of May, 2007 by   Debbra A Kolinski 0 Votes
I received a bill for $3244.00 from gc services with my daughters address on it. This bill is not mine and when I tried to contact them, I found no phone number included with this bill. this is a very poor way to do business, if this is a legitimate company. I only found where the federal trade commission can be contacted. I will be contacting them along with the better business bureau. This bill is in regards to sprint pcs. I have never had an account with sprint. This is fraud. Consumer protection agency is another contact department. I now know why I am having difficulty purchasing a vehicle. Transunion and experian and equifax will be contacted. Buyer beware.
 23rd of Jul, 2007 by   ruben 0 Votes
Wow i just made a payment arrangement with them and all these comments are what i m going through someone should report these crooks at GC services.
 27th of Jul, 2007 by   Undisclosed -2 Votes
Let's not forget who failed to pay their bill on time in the first place... let's not forget who went 90+ days without paying their card... you debtors think your such innocent victims but if you'd simply pay your bill then you wouldn't be in this situation, would you? And most of these posts are embellished for dramatic purposes. There is absolutely no cursing or threatening or anything like that. The calls are monitored by the client (the creditor you actually owe) and if they are not satisfied with the service or find gross negligence and failure to apply the FDCPA... they will end the contract with GC Services. Be honest guys...

- GC Employee
 2nd of Aug, 2007 by   James Dingerson -1 Votes
G&C services are not above representing themselves as Federal or State investigators. Recently I got a call from them seeking my eldest daughter, the man told me he was a Federal agent investigating my daughter, then he worked for the State of Missouri as an investigator. When I pressed him for his supervisors name and number he threatened to call the leasing manager in they complex I live in until I told him we owned our townhouse, at that point he started swearing at me and I hung up... These people are scum!!!
 8th of Aug, 2007 by   nathan 0 Votes
Lol, what a bunch of baloney you creditors cook up... I guarantee 99% of what you guys wrote was exaggerated for dramatic effect. Any payment you make goes right to the original creditor, GC Services does not touch it, it is not "sloshing around" GC Services. You know what the BBB and the FTC are not going to do a thing because everything GC does is according to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and all calls are monitored to make sure the rules are followed. And like in the one comment up there... if it is a fraud case or something like that it is YOUR responsibility to file a police report and find out what happened. As well collections agencies have to verify personal information so they know they are speaking with the right person... they are not trying to scam you.
 29th of Aug, 2007 by   David -1 Votes
I have worked with GC to set up a loan rehabilitation program for a student loan I had ignored for a while. They were 100% courteous, informative, and even let me check their credentials. I discovered that they are indeed an authorized collection agency for Federal Student Loans. I have had no problems with them, and frankly, they have been the most pleasant creditors I have worked with to date. Maybe its just a "Your Mileage May Vary" situation...
 6th of Sep, 2007 by   John Smith -1 Votes
That's right, GC Services will help those who want to be helped. It is those of you looking for an easy way out or some kind of hand out that get treated like credit criminals. Kudos to you David on resolving your student loan debt. Everyone in our country counts on federal money, from future students, to our brothers & sisters dying in Iraq. Do the right thing, pay back your debt!
 18th of Sep, 2007 by   Caren Bronson -1 Votes
Oh bull!! Then why is GC services harassing people who don't even OWE the debt! I have contacted them several times telling them to stop calling my phone number. I'm not the person who owes the debt but they keep calling. Now they are calling my neighbors! If you want to collect then collect but don't harass innocent people who have nothing to do with it. And quit defending your ignorant actions too. If you guys play by the rules then why are there so many complaints for YOUR company? Maybe because you ARE crossing the line and breaking laws? I think so.
 18th of Sep, 2007 by   b 0 Votes
I have an overdue accout with sprint pcs also. However, its not for the amount that GC says I owe. I had recieved 2 letters sayin my account was delinquent so i made a payment over the phone (which i NEVER EVER do becuase of past unautorize payments taken out of my bank account). But, i did it anyway. Now i'm sittin here balancing my checkbook and on my summary online, there is no payment taken out of my account from GC. But yet it says my collected amt and my available, the available is the EXACT amount that gC took out. I'm now worried that i just gave a fraud company my information. AHH!! What do i do? I have asked for my account to be turned back over to the original debtor by they refuse to do so... someone help me?? Email me or something with some advice!!!!
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by   john smith 0 Votes
unfortunately they have to track people down. so they call you because of the deralicts that you choose to associate with. maybe you should tell your friends how to pay their bills since you seem to do such a fine job of it yourself
 23rd of Sep, 2007 by   John Rogers -1 Votes
To Straighten this whole thing out...GC never sees any of the payments you make on anything. GC has been around for more the 50 years, they are the best at what they do. Companies employ GC to collect on delinquent accounts in MANY different aspects(Student loans, car loans, credit cards, etc etc). You spend money/take out a loan and dont pay your bill ON TIME...You get a call, and you will continue to get a call until the bill is paid or some type of pmnt arrangement is made. If you cant set up a payment arrangement then there is no way the collector can stop the calls, therefore your name and number are still in the automatic dialer. If you get alot of calls a day its because you keep hanging up or no contact is made with the debtor...Therefore the collector cant stop the calls. You are late on paying a bill....For everyday your past the due date, interest accrues as well as possible late fees. Think of it from a corporate view....for everyday your late, the company loses money...NOT GC...The company that employs GC....BUT because you dont pay it on time you get late fees and higher interest rates... It cracks me up when people think that its GC's fault their payment got lost...When you mail something it doesnt go to GC it goes to the company that employs GC to collect...NOW...The best form of payment is over the phone, particularly over an automated payment line, as there is less room for error when it comes to putting in the account number for payment withdrawal.
The name of the company cannot be revealed unless the collector knows that he/she is talking to the debtor.......DUH!!! This is for privacy reasons, do you want anyone who answers your phone to know that you have a debt?? For that matter the collector has to verify info like address, phone, employer to make sure they have the right person, as to not give away any private information to someone that doesnt need to know it!!
Hope this helps clear up the confusions.....
 4th of Oct, 2007 by   Sharon Tedford -1 Votes
I have to agree with those that have had a negative experience with G C Services. They harrass you until you just don't know what to think. They called looking for my daughter making it sound like she was running away from an obligation. The first person that called was like all friendly saying she was a long lost friend of my daughters and was trying to locate her. Then the nasty calls came after I refused to give out any info on my daughter. In this day and age of fraud you can't be too careful. Then a young man called saying my daughter was avoiding her obligations and was running from them. He was very rude and I hung up on him. He called me directly back and continued to verbally abuse me and slander my daughter. I finally took his name and number and had my daughter call him. Come to find out, it was from a hospital bill that her medical insurance had not paid yet. The hospital themselves never contacted my daughter regarding this. She is now getting in straightened out. It still doesn't take away the fact that these people act in an unethical and unprofessional way. I plan on reporting them to the Better Business Bureau.
 17th of Oct, 2007 by   lorraine Canzonieri +1 Votes
These people are sick, unethical, thieves who try to get you to pay debts you already paid. They verbally abuse you when you tell them it is paid. My bill is Sprint I always pay them directly. DON'T EVER PAY THESE LOW LIFE THIEVES A DIME. IN FACT EACH TIME THEY CALL ME I ASK THEM FOR THERE CREDIT CARD # AND SS#. They verbally abuse me and then hang up. No real legit company would stoop to this level. I am also in contact with a lawyer who is working on this case. I will post it!
 19th of Oct, 2007 by   patrick mullaney +1 Votes
I am currently dealing with these lowlifes and even tho I have made 6 months worth of payments I still get nasty letters from them saying I haven't. They never answer their phone nor return messages. I have stopped them from getting anymore money from my account and instead mailing my check to the company I owe. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.
 24th of Oct, 2007 by   kyle santiago 0 Votes
I think its funny that "employees" of this company are coming onto this site to try and defend themselves! how unprofessional and pathetic can you get! i personally work for the 6th largest bank in the world, and work near their collections department, let me tell you that there is a massive difference between what a professional collections agent says, is allowed to say, and who they are allowed to contact and disclose information to, and GC does not come close to being professional. if you need to deal with these people request that your case be transfered to another collections agency, contact the original creditor immediately, and inform GC that you are aware of consumer protection laws and unfair debt collection practices, and that you want them to stop contacting you immediately. if they persist contact the federal court in your area and they will work with you to deal with these unprofessional fraud artists.

How to Make Your First Bank Account