Gamestop.com

Posted:

Screw game stop, take your business elsewhere

Gamestop.com
gamestop.com
I hate game stop. My brother is the manager at one here, and even he hates them. You buy a $60 game, take it back same day cause it sucks, unlike what the guy behind the counter said. "Best game ever" etc. and they're like we'll give you $9 in gamestop credit for it.
Excuse me? I wan't to get a REFUND not sell this game. RE FUND!

Screw game stop, take your business elsewhere.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Internet Services

Comments

23rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Gamestop.com has charged $416. unauthorized charges to my credit card
 23rd of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
OK, and what's the back story. If you are going to complain, at least tells us why.
 4th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes

Gamestop.com - what it means to fucken search
gamestop
taylorsquare
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
Phone: 3671210
gamestop.com

when i am searching for a specific system i give it by name. if i want to look up nintendo dsi, i would sAY nintendo dsi... same appies for ds lite and the nintendo ds. no matter the fuck i type in i get everything but what i want...i get the bullshit.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Open software is not refundable. Once you open the game, you're SOL. That's every store, not just Gamestop.

I think I'll buy a DVD and if I don't like the movie, I'll take it back to Wal-Mart for a refund. I wonder what they'll say...
 11th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
^ What Thud said. Also, often times you can play demos of many games online, or at least read reviews, so you know whether or not you want to buy the full version.
 14th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
Agree with Thud and Brenda. This is why I love their pre-owned games. I have the confidence of buying a game and being able to return it if it doesn't meet my expectations. Plus, I also love their $30 guaranteed trade deal. I play and beat the game in less than 30 days and when I trade it, I get a guaranteed $30. If you're getting only $9 bux for a game it probably means the game was older. I would strongly suggest you learn the concept of Supply and Demand. If I spend $2, 000 on a new computer and take it to trade it in 6 months later, I'm only going to get a fraction of what I paid for it. Same with video games. if your expecting to get a high trade value on a copy of Black Ops 1 the day before Black Ops 2 comes out, you're going to get pennies on the dollar. IMHO.
 28th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
GameStop in Burlington washington, told my nine year old
Daughter they would hold a game for her, they Would hold
A game for her, a hour later they sold it, she is crying, I
Just called the manager he was so rude! I WILL
NEVER go back there, NO ONE I know will ever
go back!!! Ugh! GAMESTOPs managers
Should be fired!!!
 28th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
this is a case of did you play it or not. if you didnt play it and just opened it they 50% of the time give you the full price as a swap [i.e. they will swap it for a game of the same price.] or will refund you 1/2 or 1/4th the original price. from what i can tell you were charged 85% from original price. which means they found issues with the disc that reduces the value. this means you had 35% that were restock and repair costs. this adds up to less money for you.
 24th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
If you buy it and play it... The game is used and therefore not new anymore so cannot be refunded or resold as new. This is a business not a game rental company. I used to work there and although the company fails to treat employees right, the ignorance of customers is worse. No company will allow you to buy a NEW game and play it and then return it. GameStop will at least buy it back for a decent price... usually $40-$45 for a $60 game within the first week. Anywhere else you go the return policy clearly states that a new game may only be returned within the return period of unopened. Either but it pre owned if you want a full refund or... if you think the game will stink... Wait for a damn review and stop being ignorant

GameStop Logo GameStop