logo

Bright Life UK
Order never reached me
4. (22 mins ago)
Google Natural Motion
numerous unauthorized charges to my account
5. (23 mins ago)

frys electronics
4748 bracken dr
Fort Worth, Texas
Phone: 817-909-0552
My husband and I bought a Samsung 46" HDTV on Dec.29th, 2007, and we were told if we applied for fry's credit, got approved and we can take advantage of their promtion 1 year no interest, so we did it. The TV and Insurance cost us about $1800. We planed to pay $150 every month for 12 months. Frys sent us bill and due day is 30th. because my house is far away from Frys store, I chose pay online. After night the nightmare came to us. First, Frys stopped mailling paper bill. I only remember my due day is 30th, so I set up pay date is on 26th every month automatically online. Later I found I was chared 5 times late fee "$29". When I called them, they said sometimes they need to receive my payment before 30th if my due day 30th is Sunday or Satauday. I think it is ridiculous, If my due day is Weekend, they should postpone one day to get my payment instead of charging me late fee. I was angry and argued with them, but they dont care and still charged me. I want to close my account, so I submit my last payment online on Dec 24th, 2008. I thought I already paid off my bill, but I got bill and was told I was charged finance charge $181, because this time they need receive my payment before 27th Dec 2008. I called them, and they told me because my 1 year no interest promotion expire on 27th Dec, 2008. what the hell it is?????????????? I bought TV on Dec 29th 2007, and 1 year no interest, it should be expire on Dec 29th 2008, Why they put 27th is expired??? besides I submit payment online on 24th Dec, and they didnt withdraw my money from my checking untill my due day 30th. If 27th is expired date, why they didnt withdraw my money on 27th??????????? I called them, and they refused to talk to me, and only told me I need provide information I submit payment on 24th, I did that, but their payment system didnt send me confirmation, so how can I prove it? I was very upset. I will never buy anything from frys, this bank is really stealing customer money. I will go to store this weekend to see how they solve my problem. My husband said they wont care, and they might let us contact bank by ourself, as we already paid off TV.
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Dec, 2009 by   chrisfrys 0 Votes
lol...dummy pay your bill on time and read the contract agreement !!! otherwise dont apply for a credit card thinking eveything is free and there are no hidden charges!!! welcome to earth...
 15th of Jan, 2010 by   abba123 0 Votes
They should have notified you that your 1 year promotional interest free loan is about to expire. I had very similar experience with them. I believe this practice of "obscuring" the expiration date is intentional and quite frankly is highly devious. It clearly benefits them, not their customers. I would not recommend anyone to deal with Frys credit card. They treat the consumer complaints with the assumption that customer is always wrong!!!
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   Reddcaptain 0 Votes
Fryer's store warranty is a big RIP-OFF. I purchased a printer from them and charged it to my fryer's credit card. I was talked into purchasing the warranty for the printer. I was told if anything happen to the printer, that they would repair it or replace it.
I used this printer for my business. after 2 years the printer was giving me problems. I took it to Fryers for repairs. They keep it for 1 month and gave me a loaner. When my printer was finally returned it worked for about 1 week. I returned it for repairs. They keep it for another month.
They told me that they could not repair my printer. They refused to replace the printer with another one. They said that it was a Corporate decision. There explanation was that there was physical damage. They said that there was dried ink on the rollers. Hello... printers use ink... that is not physical damage.
After confronting the store manager, he would not look me in the face. This was very insulting. He talked to the assistant manager like I was not there. He keep repeating that it was a corporate decision.
It is my opinion, that the people in the service department and the upper management are very dense or very lazy. I paid over $900 for that printer and I needed it for the jobs that i was working on. I took my printer home and cleaned the ink off the rollers with a special solvent and alcohol. I have not had problems with it yet.
They could have done it themselves. I wasted a lot of money on that warranty. BEWARE... BEWARE
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   garvan 0 Votes
Fry s is very devious finished talking to several customer service drones that gave me the run around until I think they will be reversing a late fee for a change of payment systems that they are responsible for. If i set it up to automatically deduct from my checking account you would think that would be it. but no... anyway here is the number to the corporate office the reps are useless get to the corporate fools who make the decisions. * (408) 487-4500

600 E Brokaw Rd, San Jose, CA 95112 Get directions
 17th of Jun, 2010 by   rush-1 0 Votes
Frys credit really sucks. Very disappointed with their service and rudeness. Calling to there helpline took me 25 minutes to connect to a customer agent, and in few seconds it dropped. Later tried again, 20 minutes once again. Asked customer agent to give me direct number or extension incase if i get disconnected, they do not have any thing like that.

Now to resolve actual issue, it took another 45 minutes to make the agent understand but all in vein. Primarily, i am being charged of late fees of $29 as i didn't paid $10 that was due. Funny part is i already paid required dues and still i am getting $10 minum payment due on my statements in the following month.

PROMOTIONAL...don't ever go with it. As whatever you saved by buying at frys, this people will charge you double to sum or may be more. VERY POOR.

I will be certainly closing this card for sure.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by   WTF-YO 0 Votes
I Agree, Frys credit really REALLY sucks. I had an account with them until I had enough. Month after month I would make sure my account was paid on time and called customer service to confirm. One month a rep called me a said my account was past due, I argued with them and stated that I had just made a payment and confirmed with billing. They went on an stated that they had not received any payment, I went to my bank and obtained a copy of the cleared check paid to them and sent it to Fry's to prove that I did indeed pay it and on time. Fry's apologized left and right stating that that it was a error in the system and it would be corrected.
The next month I get another call with a past due notice which included the amount I had just argued and proved I paid.
NOW I PISSED!, I call customer service and asked for the balance and paid it in full, regardless of the previous payments I just did not want to deal with Frys credit ever again. After paying my account in full I went ahead and closed my account I was told I would receive a final statement and a letter of my account being closed.
Today a month later I get a call from Frys credit saying my account is past due... %#@^^%$@#&^$^# .
I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told, sorry one will not be in until 4:00PM. after numerous calls I finally got a hold of a Sr. Account Manager and explained to him my frustration, I asked that I get a letter faxed, emailed and a hard copy mailed to me to confirm that I closed my account he stated “SURE, but first we need to take care of the past due amount” . ...ooooooh boy !$#%$##@
PAID...CLOSED, GOOD RIDDANCE.. Let’s just wait until next month?
 13th of Sep, 2010 by   SaswataB 0 Votes
Fry's credit card service is extremely bad. They say something on phone and changed their stand later. They were trying to put some finance charge somehow and trying to negate the zero interest benefit that I got. First time I called the agent walked me through all the payments and finally told me there is no outstanding and cleared me. Then again I get a letter from them showing the same finance charges. When I called next time they could not show me the proof of my conversation earlier and made me pay that additional amount, which earlier they said was void. This is the worst credit card I ever had !!! Fry'd is a great store. But their card company is lousy !!!
 4th of Jun, 2011 by   Danielt 0 Votes
I applied for the Fry's Electronic credit card and I got a 1000 dollar credit limit. I wanted to get a brand new computer with monitor and some other stuff. It came to 875 dollars. It is So Easy to Pay payment online and it's free. There are no fees for sending payment. As soon as I see the payment due available, i just send off a hundred dollars or 2 hundred dollars a month. I do not wait till it gets close to the Due Date. I don't want to be charged with the late fee, so i pay early. Recently, i have paid off the whole thing and now i own a Beautiful Brand new computer - oh - it's a Lenovo desk top computer and i love it so much, and i bought the Samsung flat screen monitor and i couldn't be any more happier, and i am playing the Most Awesome game Fallout 3. Not once do i call the store about the Fry's Electronic credit card because you can do it all online through Fryscredit.com. In Fact, you DON'T go to the store to see about payment, you DON'T go to the store to see about any problems you have concerning about your credit card, the Fry's credit card BANK is NOT at the Store, you have to deal with it online or at the Bank Coporate office. You can't use your debit card to pay off payment, you have to use your Bank Account number and Routing number. You have to find out through your personal Bank which Routing number to use. It can't be the same Routing number that you use to transfer money to another bank, but rather the Rounting number that you use to send Payments to credit cards - Two different Routing Numbers, just find out from your bank which one you use.
 1st of Nov, 2013 by   PETER PONCE DELEON 0 Votes
TO ALL MANAGERS OF FRYS CREDIT
(PS I HAD TO HANG UP BECAUSE NOW ITS BEEN 55 MINUTES AND NO RESPONCE)
I PETER PONCE DELEON / ELIZABETH WAS UNSUCSESFULL AT MAKING A PAYMENT ONLINE
BECAUSE WHEN I TRIED TO REGISTER ON THE NEW UPDATED REGISTER IT
DID NOT LET ME. IT GAVE ME A NOTE STATING MY CARD NUMBER IS INVALID
WHICH I KNOW SO IT COULD NOT MAKE A PAYMENT BEFORE MY DUE DATE.
ALSO I CALLED 1-866-322-8008 AND WAITED FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO HELP
ME AND IM STILL WAITING AS IM TYPING A RESPONSE TO YOU. IM ON HOLD 40 MINUTES ALREADY AND MY TIME IS VALUABLE ALSO.CALL ME @ 209 712-3797 ASAP. FROM NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER TRYING TO MAKE A PAYMENT
 1st of Nov, 2013 by   PETER PONCE DELEON 0 Votes
THIS IS MY SECOND COMPLAINT
WAITED ON PHONE FOR ALMOST ONE HOUR FOR YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE TO HELP MY MAKE A PAYMENT ON LINE AND HUNG UP BECAUSE MY TIME IS IMPORTANT TOO. YOUR ON LINE PAYMENT MADE ME RE REGISTER A NEW SYSTEM AND IT SAID MY CARD NUMBER WAS INVALID SO IT WOULD NOT TAKE IT. IM VERY FRUSTRATED WAITING MY PHONE BATTERY DIED BECAUSE I WAS ON HOLD SO LONG. NOW MY PAYMENT IS GOING TO BE LATE. MANAGER NEEDS TO CALL ME ASAP.
CALLING ON BEHALF OF HUSBAND PETER PONCE DELEON / ELIZABETH