logo

Essay writing companies - Scam & Fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Frontier Internet, Durham, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - How can I return the modem???

Frontier Internet Contacts & Informations

Frontier Internet

Posted: 2011-08-31 by    ynj

How can I return the modem???

Frontier
Durham, North Carolina
I really doubt if this company has any capacity to provide the quality internet service as they advertise.
I ordered their internet service on 8/12, when they told me that they would send the technician out on 8/18. On 18th, nobody showed up, and I called the company just to find out that they can't even find my internet account. After assuring that I won't be charged for the service that I never received since my account doesn't even exist, I decided to get a service from Time Warner.
To my surprise, I received a modem from Frontier the very next day. --> and this was the beginning of the real nightmare...
Since this day, I have been trying to return the modem to Frontier before I receive a bill for the modem. I literally had to keep calling them just to get a returning address for the modem... Well, this has been almost two weeks, but I still can't return the modem since they don't give me the returning address.
Within two weeks period, I was told by three different operators (three different occasions) that I would receive a mailing kit for returning my modem which I haven't received yet. Alternatively, I asked for a mailing label or the physical address, thinking that I would pay for the postage --> I haven't received neither the label or the address. They insisted that they had sent them out through the email and smail, and they all said that they couldn't find the physical address for it!
This afternoon, I spent three hours trying to figure out why I am not receiving any correspondences from Frontier. Nobody, including a few supervisors could figure out why that was the case.
I am not exaggerating my experience with Frontier. I rarely participate in this sort of forum; however, I felt a strong urge to warn people about this company's malfunctioning operation.
What I am expecting now, is the bill form this company since I still have the modem. I really don't even want to think about how difficult it would be to make them understand that I am not responsible for this...
Hopefully, I am one of the few Frontier clients who is challenged with this kind of issue.
If I can go back to 8/12, I would NEVER sign up with Frontier!!!
Thank you for reading my comment.
Comments United States Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Frontier Internet complaints
Frontier Internet - Poor service

Comments

7th of Jul, 2014 by   waltonny 0 Votes
Although I pay an additional fee for enhanced wireless internet, my download speed has never been worse. It's comparable to what it was 15 yrs ago with dial up. I have been told that my speed is "within an acceptable range" of the definition of high speed.

Health Care Without Insurance: $100 a Month