logo

Afremov.com
SCAM
3. (9 mins ago)
LG Electronics USA
Warn your friends and family
4. (11 mins ago)

Lowe's Home Improvement
9029 Old Stage Road
Raleih, North Carolina
Phone: 919-772-5513
On April 26, 2006 I purchased a Frigidaire stove from Lowe's and at that time I also purchased an expended warranty for 4 years which gave me a total of 5 years. This stove is located in our beach home (not a rental house) only used by us about 5 months out of the year. On Sunday February 27, 2011 the bake element in my stove caught on fire and burnt completed into. I call Lowe's Extended warranty plan and they said they would sent a service technician out on Monday February 28. The service technician did come out and said he would be back on Tuesday March1 to replace the bake element. On Tuesday March1 before the service technician came out I tried to clean inside the oven but was not too succesfully. The porcelain in the bottom and on the door felt like sand paper. You could not get it clean. I called the warranty people at Lowe's back and they told me to get the Service Technician to look at it when he came and determine what had happen.He said that when the element ruptured it spewed molton metal fragments all over the oven door and over liner. He replaced the bake element but said he would have to get orders to replace the oven liner. I call Lowes extended warranty back and told them this. The insurance company that handles my warranty called and said that they would not do anything about the liner because it was a cosmetic defect and posed no treat in using the oven. I have someone that has never seen the stove telling me this and even told me to cook in the oven to see if any fragments would get in the food.(can you believe this). The liner was fine until the bake element caught on fire. Cosmetic Damage and Problems due improper or non-factory installations or repairs are not covered. I did not install the bake element. When I bought the stove it was already installed so the need to go back to the factory not me. They are failing to uphold the warranty in my opinion because of the age of the stove. If they are going to so this then they need to shorten the years of the warranty.
All I want is my oven to be back as it was before the bake element caught on fire ever what it takes from Lowes or the insurance company to do this. I was told that know Lowes does the warranties because of all the complaints.My e-mail is jseatmon@att.net and I will look forward to hearing from you on this matter.
Comments United States Appliances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups