logo

Freeway Auto Insurance Contacts & Informations

Freeway Auto Insurance

Posted:    Cyd

False advertisement

Freeway Auto Ins. 4454 Van Nuys Bvld.

Freeway false advertised no down payment on Thursday July 18, 2007. Lou, one of Freeway's agents, lorded me in their office by telling me I would have no down payment and ins at $85 per month. I was told if I got there on Saturday July 21, 2007 at 10:15 AM he could get me at that rate. However, when I got there he first said, "Oh that rate is gone. I can get you a good rate with someone else." I was in that office for over an hour to no avail. He started giving me astronomical quotes all w/down payments of other previsions such as automatic transfers from your checking acct.

Cyd
Nothing beats a failure, but a try.
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Jul, 2007 by   Gary Davtyan -1 Votes
There is more to it. Call freeway for details. 818-905-5549.
 26th of Mar, 2009 by   sdwedo +1 Votes
freeway auto insurance is a scam they, are not even an inurance compny. They are only a "Broker" at least that is what they told me after charging me $310.20 for only two days of service after I cancelled.

Never Use these guys they will lie to your face. I cant imagine actually trying to get money out of them after an accident, im sure its near impossible.
 2nd of May, 2009 by   Lucy +1 Votes
Freeway Auto Insurance is a scam. Biggest cheats I've ever dealt with.

Here in San Diego they employ these fast-talking dishonest guys that will lure you into their office with promises of very low rates, no down payment and so forth. It is a different story when you get there. They will charge you a broker's fee, even if they deny they have one over the phone, and will wear you out with their fast talk until you don't know what you are getting. I spent $150 for which turned out to be a few days of coverage. These people are dishonest and should not be trusted.
 7th of Aug, 2009 by   Michael Mikaelovich +2 Votes
Dishonest people, they are not a insurance company, they are brokers who shop around to get you the lowest rate. lololol i recieved my statement after giving a huge down payment, the statement said "thank you for you $67 payment from $367 total premium. What ? I gave $572 Down payment.. I called Bristol West my insurance carrier and they said freeway insurance subbmited $67.00 only, the rest $505 was brokers fee... are you kidding me? scam scam scam, and if you try to cancel the policy you cant, " cant get the brokers fee back" thats what that "I have read and understand the above" statement meant.. scam scam scam stay away specialy from Sherman Oaks office, These women agents are cheaters, they wear miniskirts to get guys attention and tell them that their 1 point on the driving record requires huge down payment. scam scam scam
 21st of Aug, 2009 by   sylvia1989 +1 Votes
honestly, my experience with freeway in sacramento was not bad at all. My BROKER (and he called himself that) really tried hard to get me the best rate possible. And He made me aware of how much his time was worth before the policy even was started.

I have been to several brokerages here in sacramento, and I can honestly say that Free Way Insurance was looking out for my best interest. Thanks to the big guy in the office.

Sylvia Gomez
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   R. Reichman 0 Votes
This guys are the biggest scammers ever. Bought a car from a reputable new car dealership for a friend visiting from Europe who will be here for a year. My friend asked the dealer if they could recommend anyone for the insurance since she hadn’t gotten her California license yet. Next thing you know this guy comes over, the typical fast talk, and I made sure to repeat his statement that the $480.00 he was charging was a down payment on the policy. I repeat he said down payment and don’t worry about the form it was only for formalities. Next thing you know get the bill and $0.00 had gone towards the policy. When we complained they said it was on the form, the manager said “the only thing that counts it’s what is written”. We are filing a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner. This people are criminals!!
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   freewaysucks1234 +1 Votes
EVERYONE PLEASE READ, A LITTLE LONG, BUT COMPLETELY WORTH YOUR TIME!! This company is horrible. I bought insurance with them and as soon as we got into an accident, they denied us coverage by saying that we had not paid one of our bills. We never even received a bill from them, which they said we would. The reason we did not get receive the bill is because we changed our address and they sent the bill to our old address and said they did not have our new one, even though we had been receiving other mail from them at our new address. So, they did not cover us in the accident, they canceled our insurance so that we had a lapse in coverage and they immediately called my auto leasing company to tell them that I did not have insurance. All without even calling me to inform or discuss this issue. I later went into the office (San Diego) and spoke with Sumood, who seemed very helpful and genuine. She told me that if I paid $80 that they would reinstate my policy, and I was to come into the office to make my next payment. Well, since I thought my insurance was back to normal I called our claims adjuster to discuss the accident and he said we were still not going to be covered and we still had a lapse in coverage. Amazing! So I decide to call the office again to try to speak with a supervisor about the issue. When I called, Christopher answered, I asked to speak to a supervisor, he gave a phone # for customer service and told me to speak with them. I called the phone # and it was an adult entertainment service. So I call back, Sam answers and I tell him what just happened and so says he'll transfer me back to Christopher and quickly puts me on hold. I was on hold for about 5 min. Christopher than picks up and I explain what happened with the phone #, and I once again asked him if I could please just speak with a supervisor, he laughed and then put me on hold, again! I was on hold this time for about 10 minutes and Jen picked up the line. I am very irritated by this time and I immediately explain to her the whole story and tell her that I only want to speak with a supervisor or the most senior employee, she sighed and in a very rude tone told me that I was not acting in a the correct manner to receive customer service!!! Like I was the one being rude! I told her that I would be contacting the Better Business Bureau and hung up. I filed a complaint with the BBB and in the complaint stated that I was fed up with the company and would like to cancel my policy immediately and possibly get a refund of the $80. They responded by saying I contacted them by phone with my new address and that I needed to fill out a form to confirm it. The date they said I called I was not even in my current address yet. And they denied that I went into the office to complete the change of address form. That was all they replied with. Nothing addressing my request for cancellation or a refund. So in my rebuttal I stated that my main concern was the customer service and once again asked for a refund and policy cancellation. So, I have not went in to make the other payment, which was $243.96. I received a notice on 9/17 stating that if I did not pay the amount that they may take legal action or cancel my policy (finally lol). I left it alone because I still had not received word back yet from the company on the BBB and wanted to see what they were going to do to resolve my issue before I made any further payments. On 9/28 I see on my bank statement that they took the money right out of my account! No written, signed or verbal authorization at all from me! Just went ahead and took it! I then received their final response on the BBB on 9/30 stating they are upset that I received poor customer service and that the employees I spoke with were being dealt with. I am so upset with this company! At first it seems like their really a great deal and they care about the customer but after my experience I am sure they do not care. They will not cover you in an accident, nor will they contact you to discuss any issues or even speak with you if you call them. And they will take money straight from your account without authorization, a judgment or even a phone call to advise you. I hope that everyone that took time to read this super long complaint does not get insurance with them or let anyone they know do it either. I was also wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues and how/if they got resolved. What should my next step be? I am going to contact my bank immediately and wonder if I should even try to contact someone at the company. Is all of this even legal????? Thanks for reading, I know it is very long, but it is information that I feel everyone should know.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   AceMan +2 Votes
Freeway Insurance is a SCAM, i called in to get a quite and was told i would only need to pay about $55 a month. No Down and that i could pay the first month up front. I asked the "BROKER" if there was any additional fees and he said no. So i go down there and ask to Speak to Damien the guy i had talked to on the phone. I wait for about 2 mins and he walks out and helps me to get established with them asking for my info and such. Then this Clown wants me to lie and say that i am married, claiming i can get a cheaper rate. After all is said and done that's when he tells me that "THEY" are a brokrage firm for other auto insurnace comapies. then tell me i need to pay a "BROKERAGE" fee of $250 i told him i didn't have that kind of cash on me. Then he kept on telling me that if i didn't not sign up that they were required by law to report to the DMV that i did not have auto insurance. Basicly almost trying to strong arm me into getting the insurance through them. I asked him why he didn't mention this so called Fee when i called in and he claimed he had forgotten to mention it then a few mins later said i never asked when i know i did. This comapny needs to be shut down. they are doing everything from Insurance fraud to storng arm tatics and even making false statements. Even though i may have been driving without insurnace as i just was given the car. They are not the ones to notiify the DMV if you do not have auto insurnace unless you cancle or do not pay them in which they terminate the insurance policy. if you just go in to talk about a qoute or and mention you do not have auto insurance they still can't notify the DMV. As the OP i too went into the same office.
Freeway Auto Ins. 4454 Van Nuys Bvld.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   pookie butt +1 Votes
if bristol west new that Freeway Insurance was gouging their customers, they would pull out immediately...unfortunately, they don't know..but will once they see the fallout..Freeway is like an Enron..eventually fast money will fall harder than a ton a bricks.
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   myrnicia +1 Votes
Regarding freewaysucks1234

I have had that experience when a company gets money from your bank account without your authorization. I don't know if you had this resolved yet, I sure hope so. But basically what you do is contact the bank and report the unauthorized withdrawal of your funds, and they open up a claim for you and investigate. Basically, they contact the company and request written proof that they had the legal right to do what they did, if they provide it, they are covered, but if they cannot produce one (like in your case and mine), they have no choice but to give the money back. The bank goes after them for the money and then credit that amount back to your account. And yes, these people are thieves, they go by different names, Freeway Insurance, Solo Insurance, and West Coast Auto Insurance also sell their policies. They all lie to get you to their office, and once there, they give you a million reasons why they couldn't give you the zero down and low monthly payment they promised over the phone. I recently visited one of their offices and when I made the appointment on the phone, they told me no down, $35.00 per month, but the company required me to pay the first and last months, $70.00, I could live with that, I thought. I also informed them that my husband had his license suspended, they said no problem, same price. I got there, and I sit in this empty cubicle with this lady who starts throwing all kinds of numbers at me, $360.00 down, and $63 per month. What happened to the $70 for the first and last, and $35.oo per month? I asked, "its because of your husband's suspended license", she said. Then I explained that I mentioned that to the person over the phone and she still gave me that offer. Anyhow, I asked her to leave my husband out of the policy, and just have me as the name insured. Then she said that it would be $230.00 down, and I asked her why if my record is completely clean and my husband is not on the policy. She gave me this crap about if I get into an accident as soon as I left their office, the company wanted to be covered for covering my accident. I told her that that was ridiculous! I asked her to give me back my vehicle registrations and my DL, which she had taken somewhere else. Then she left, came back and started giving me different prices and asking me if I could pay that much, I told her that I don't like those kind of games and to give me back my stuff because I wanted to leave. She got up and walked away again, but this time, she came back with some kind of manager, then he sat down in front of me and asked me if I could pay the amount he was now giving me, and told me to pay them what I had at the moment, then give them my credit card to charge for the difference (over $200.00) 10 days later, I could not believe my ears! I told this bozo that I wasn't playing the "car dealership game" with them and asked again to have my documents back, this time I had to raise my voice a little and use a different tone of voice. They finally gave me my stuff and I left. They are UNBELIEVABLE!
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   jmacdago +1 Votes
Freeway is a bunch of scum bag liars. Id like to take a bat to some of those defrauding pieces of garbage. Its kinda my fault for letting them get over on me, , , but you would tend to trust a state licensed business. GO TO THE GENERAL.COM, , , I GOT THE SAME EXACT POLICY FOR 7 TIMES LESS, , YES I SAID SEVEN TIMES LESS !!! F*CK FREEWAY INSURANCE!!!
 3rd of Feb, 2010 by   FREEWAYLOVER -2 Votes
FREEWAY INSURANCE IS A GOOD COMPANY. I GOT MY INSURANCE POLICY FOR ONLY 15 DOLLARS A MONTH AND ZERO DOWN U GUYS R CRAZY TO NOT GO TO FREEWAY INSURANCE.
 5th of Feb, 2010 by   thefreewaywatcher +1 Votes
Freewaylover is a liar and full of shi*.. post that policy information ( cut and Paste )t on this page. If Freeway offers you a "Split Down Payment" or their so called "Promise Note", it is so they can charge you a HUGE broker's fee. Get up and WALKOUT. No matter how many hours you have been sitting in the chair. The agents like to draw/write all over the quote sheets as they attempt to explain coverages to the client. They like to mark out the "broker fee" on the quote sheet, and make false promises-- like this wil be your price for next year when you renew your policy.. No insurance agent can predict what is going to happen in the future, ie.. AIG. Stay away from companies like Freeway who now owns Solo Insurance, West Coast Insurance, South Coast Insurance, and several other small brokerages. this is comming straight from an insider who use to charge huge " broker fees" at Freeway...
 17th of Feb, 2010 by   Todd Hylton +1 Votes
Freewaylover is full of it. Most likely this person works for them. With this bad economy, you guys still have the nerves to take advantage of people that know nothing or little about insurance. Lowballing quotes, fake promises, and crooked agents charging outrageous BROKER fees. This company should be brought up with the bureau of better bussiness. Total ripoff
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   FREEWAYSUX +1 Votes
FREEWAY?!! hahahaha!! SOLO, WESTCOAST SOUTHCOAST... umm the list goes on & on!! they are all under the same owner!!... as soon as you sign up with them and try wo contact your agent you get sent to their 1800 customer service line!... the employees are like sweat shop people if they dont charge a lot of money their paycheck can come below minum wage they must screw every customer with their HUGE broker fees so the customer gets a $485 broker fee and the agent make only $15 from that!! tell me if this is not ridicoulous thats why the agents are not really the bad ones but the CORPORATION is a total SCAM!! they brain wash their employees and they do a great job with the customers!! their like ENRON!! hahahah the top people make money while the ones that sell close and bring the customer in make an average of about $600 per pay check!! or less!!! TRUST ME I WORKED THEIR FOR 3 YEARS!!! Get your insurance on line now & days this is the safest and cheapest way!!! =) these people should be SHUT DOWN!! LIARS!! and THIEVS!!
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Pender +1 Votes
They sure spend lots of money on tv advertising, so their scams to rip off more and more customers must be working.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   insurance sucks period -1 Votes
you guys are a bunch of buyer's remorse crybabies i mean come on they got me for a 200 dollar broker fee but they also saved me over 65 a month if u do 65 x 12 =780 the 200 is well worth it also do some research they only sell A rated companies they set me up with drive ins. from proggressive... the moral is read what your signing and if they are saving you more on the year then they are chargin you for broker fee ...DO IT ... if not then DONT... its that simple. but dont get on here and whine because you got played... start paying attention idiots!!!
 16th of Mar, 2010 by   freewaywatcher -1 Votes
Freewaylover is a liar and full of shi*.. post that policy information ( cut and Paste )it on this page. If Freeway offers you a "Split Down Payment" or their so called "Promise Note", it is so they can charge you a HUGE broker's fee. Get up and WALKOUT. No matter how many hours you have been sitting in the chair. The agents like to draw/write all over the quote sheets as they attempt to explain coverages to the client. They like to mark out the "broker fee" on the quote sheet, and make false promises-- like this wil be your price for next year when you renew your policy.. No insurance agent can predict what is going to happen in the future, ie.. AIG. Stay away from companies like Freeway who now owns Solo Insurance, West Coast Insurance, South Coast Insurance, and several other small brokerages. this is comming straight from an insider who use to charge huge " broker fees" at Freeway... The idiot who posted the above comment could have saved the $200.00 and contacted Progressive directly and purchased his policy online. I hope his sales rep at Freeway at least gave him a reach around.. lol
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   4real24 -1 Votes
Come on people stop being ignorant, do you really think people are going to work for free? If you think that freeway insurance or any insurance company is ripping you off then go to a preferred company they don't charge any broker fee, but come on if you have your license suspended, a DUI, 3 speeding tickets and 2 accidents do you think that they are going to take the risk and get your bussiness, the answer is no, or if they do take your bussiness the monthly payment will be $250.00, would you rather pay $200.00 to a broker and get you monthly payment down to $110.00? That is my experience with freeway, i really save a lot of money because they have a lot of companies to choose from and to be honest i don't really have the time to be shopping around and be on the phone all day, they do the shopping for you obviusly they need to get paid for their service.

Stop crying about fees, lawyers, insurance brokers, mechanics, car salesmen charging fees, WOULD YOU WORK FOR FREE?
 31st of Mar, 2010 by   Independent Agent +1 Votes
People do not mind others making a living. But lying to the general public about no downpayment or calling it " the initial payment " and misleading the public to think that all they are going to pay is $15.00 a month is absolutely unethical. That has nothing to do with the $300+ broker fee that Freeway charges on some of their uninformed customers. Freeway is nothing more than a brokerage started by Kelly T in 1983. Today it is owned by a corporation. They spend thousands of dollars to be in the public eye, and they charge their customers alot more money than the small business owner does to do exactly the same thing. They are like the WalMart of the insurance brokerage industry.

Credit Card Fraud in Call Centre Exposed Via BBC Sting Operation in Delhi India