logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Kmart
Leaving personal bag/purse at register
2. (2 mins ago)
Grand Travel Worldwide
Scammers
3. (3 mins ago)
Typical Dutch Stuff
Cheat money through the Typical dutch stuff
4. (4 mins ago)

Forced Updates

Mozilla
14455 Webb Chapel
Phone: 972-985-8810
It upsets me to the core when a company forces updates of their products on the user without respect for the user. This is still MY computer and I like to be able to control what and when downloads or updates occur. It's irresponsible and disrespectful for any software company to "ASSUME" I'm going to want their updates at the earliest possible time, whether convenient for me or not. I have so many problems with the browser now and have been trying to get back to the stable version before 4.0, which can't be found anywhere. Ram-rodding your product down our throats is not going to make us like the product any better and, from what I've seen, may not fix previous issues. In fact, I used to support Firefox very strongly, but with what I've seen lately from the product's stability and with how they treat customers like uneducated peons who aren't capable of determining what's best for my computer and by initially taking that decision away from me by controlling my PC downloads for me, I don't think I want any part of this any longer.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Sep, 2011 by   IronGrudge89 0 Votes
This is probably the most self-absorbed complaint I've read. Congrats on your title of "douche."
 2nd of Sep, 2011 by   IronGrudge89 0 Votes
^ This.
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   Happrollo -1 Votes
Hay Not everyone is a nerd like you some are just common folk like me an 80 year old that can not hear but still
would like to make contact in this world... sorry you think I am a PE-ON ... although I do have a bladder problem
its to bad Foxfire has just about elbowed me out of their web, first on my iMac and now on my mini Mac ... Oh I
do wish these things were as simple and have the longevity like the Graham Bell Phone and the Edison light
bulb... soon to be taken away ... rjs
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   I give up with this mess -1 Votes
I agree. I hate this latest version of Firefox. (8) I no longer can get google toolbar for some dumb reason. The choice of options to put in the menu bar are useless. Slow as ever and freezes. It's too bad that what used to be a good browser has gotten as bad as IE. Very disappointing. Whoever the dumb azz is that is making these updates should be fired.
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   IronGrudge89 0 Votes
80 year old troll... or just a prime example of what your generation excels at: namecalling.
 8th of Jan, 2012 by   wifi8827 0 Votes
first of all, you can turn off automatic updates to Firefox, or set it to let you know when there is an update and you can choose if you want it or not. Your Firefox is just set up wrong.

Secondly, you can download all the previous versions for free going back to Version 0.6 (why anyone would want that I don't know).

5 Credit Score Myths