logo

Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Fandango, New York Complaints & Reviews - Rip-off!

Fandango Contacts & Informations

Fandango

Posted: 2012-12-23 by    ElysiaFionn

Rip-off!

New York
My sister gave me a Fandango gift card for $25.00. I looked up the theaters in my area that use Fandango. My husband and I went to three theaters that supposedly accepted the card, and were told "no". Then, when we finally found a theater that did accept the card, they refused to take it over the counter. They said "you have to do it online". But now we're 30 minutes from home, and the movie starts in 10 minutes. My husband used his cell phone to redeem the card. Fandango charges an additional fee... FOR USING THE INTERNET... which we were forced to do. Now the bill is fifty cents higher than the amount on the gift card. So I have to stand there and put my credit card number into a cell phone in a crowded theater lobby to pay a lousy fifty cents so we can HOPEFULLY get into the theater before the movie starts. What a rip off. They get money on both ends? The gift giver pays for buying the card, and the gift receiver pays for using it? And "most major theaters" accept the card, only they really don't? They should rename this company "Fiasco".
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jan, 2013 by   weigells 0 Votes
What a rip off. I too received $45 in gift certificates. I too was told at the counter that I have to redeem the certificate online. When I returned to the theater I waited in line with others purchasing tickets for the same movie. When I finally received my tickets I was awarded with the knowledge that I paid an additional $1.25 for this "convenience" .
 2nd of Mar, 2013 by   Aaronjalls 0 Votes
Same thing here in Indiana, got a $25 gift card, and I cannot even redeem the damn thing online. it's basically a crappy little bookmark. What a rip off.
 12th of Oct, 2013 by   Joe Cooke 0 Votes
Same thing here, given to us as a gift, no theaters accept the card, went to the movies could not use the card only on line. On line the web site won't work call their support line they can not make it work. After 45 minutes with support I finally get one movie ticket for the $25 card ticket cost $16.75 no way to use the balance. RIP OFF
Fandanggo is a scam