Factoryoutletstore.com

Posted:

Fraud/Scam

Brooklyn, New York
SCAM ALERT!!! BEWARE

These guys are crooks. I will file complaints with NY AG's office, the BBB, and local police. I found Factory Outlet Store in the Google market place. I bought an expensive Garmin data card, only to open the package and realize they had substituted it for a blank, defective MicroSD card. The product SKU's didnt even match. I paid Fedex $15 to return it, and they charged me a BS $50 re-stocking fee. When I called to attempt to resolve it, they transferred me to a black hole mailbox with no response.

Garmin and Google should be embarrassed to be associated with a company that systematically rips off consumers.

I have learned my lesson. I will never do business with a small, unknown internet retailer again.
Complaint comments Comments (25) Complaint country United States Complaint category Consumer Electronics

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

Brooklyn
New York
Phone: 800-816-0810
factoryoutletstore.com

Do not buy from this Internet store. They lied about the product specifications. When I was told I could return the product, they never issued a refund. Pay Pal has been trying to resolve the dispute and the company is ignoring their emails. Do not expect a refund. Do not expect a truthful explanation of a product.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes

FactoryOutletStore

No.1 Product was shipped to wrong address.

No.2 Call to say I didn't get the product because they shipped to wrong address

No.3 Then the company shipped the wrong product, it didn't have the connector to plug in to the car cigarette plug, and would'nt take it back because I didn't have the original packaging. I will NEVER do

business with this company again.
 13th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
Yes i agree. They are cheats. Authority shud take action against them.

I bought a new GARMIN 255 GPS and they send across a Refurbished in the same price. Now the only option is to return at my own cost and pay restocking fees.

Google and Garmin shud ban this site.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just filed a complaint with the IC3 Internet Crime Complaint Center. I urge you to do the same thing. I listed this website as a source to find others that have been victimized by this company, so maybe if we all join forces we can do something about this company. They have a scam in which they send misrepresented or incorrect products, the consumer is then placed in a position to have to make a return or attempt an exchange and then they hit you with restocking fees. They then have the product back and you are out $$$$. Attempting to resolve with them is a frustrating process of transfers and lenghty holds until which time you finally talk to someone who gives you yet another step to complete and yet they still do nothing to resolve. Individually, we are all out small amounts of money...so, they can fly under the radar as most consumers will determine that it's not worth the effort to try and reclaim a small amount of money. But, when you add all of those unresonable fees together, this company is making money without having to actually release any product.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
They did the scam to me. John in Gilroy, CA
 7th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree, I had similar issues! I am so disgusted with them. This is awful!!! It was thier mistake and we have to pay the price. Something must be done. I had to contact the BBB, as well. I hope to get the matter resolved.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by    0 Votes
Please help get this matter resolved. Everyone has the same story.
 25th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes
Poor customer service and no refund if you are not satisfied.
 8th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

Factory Outlet Store - Unfair Practices
Factory Outlet Store

I bought a set of brand new wireless earphones and FactoryOutletStore sent me a used devise with (i am not exaggerating) ear residue in the ear plugs (see attached pictures) then they put the burden of the sipping on me to send the devise back to them.

I would do it but after reviewing the previous complaints I would be screwed again if the repeat the mistake or make a new one.

They were rude when I called them and verry arrogant explaining me that I only had two options and both required that I paid for the shipping of the devise back to them.
 15th of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes

Factoryoutletstore - Used and Abused
Minnesota

I ordered a Plantronics Discovery 925 Bluetooth ear bud. It was advertised as "Brand New". When I removed the bud from the case I could see several chips around the USB mini socket, around the unit head and a huge chip at the end of the microphone boom. 20 minutes after taking it out of the mailbox I spent 30 minutes holding on the phone waiting for Customer Service. I was told there must have been a mistake and a "Return" form was emailed to me. Hmmmm 15% restocking charge and I pay the shipping charge to do so. I have submitted the issue to PayPal, and will send the unit back today. I have ordered the same unit from another source.

21st of Jul, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have the same problem, they sent me a wrong BlueChart SD card, and they tellme not refound and don't sended the right one. Is incredible. Could you have any solution? I need a advice please, Thank you. Mahely Zerquera. Miami FL
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

Factoryoutletstore.com - Sold me used device instead of new one
Factoryoutletstore.com
factoryoutletstore.com

I purchased a Plantronics Voyager pro bluetooth head set from this site. They promosed me to give a brnad new new device, but the first one I received was an used one. I returned at my own cost. They send me back the new one, ut this time the device didn't response, it was not working. So so so bad website i ever shopped from..
 4th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER ASAP I DID NOT RECEIVE A CALLBACK AS PROMISED AND I HAD NO FOLLOW UP REFERENCE THE TRACKING OF THE CORRECTED GPS ORDER. THIS IS A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR ME AS YOUR CUSTOMER (FORMER).
I WANT A FULL REFUND.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by    0 Votes
Here is a way to fight back. If you're just reading this after you made the purchase - please PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE!!! Have UPS return the package to sender, or refuse delivery when you see the UPS truck pull up.

Then call the office of the credit card you used to pay for the purchase. Tell them you want a total refund and that you want to file a dispute. Say that you lost trust with the company selling you the item. They will mail you a form to fill out, and they will investigae the matter. Once they verify that, you will get your money back without paying the vendor any restocking fees. Good luck.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes
Fraud! Fraud! They are just earning from re stocking fees and they are not actually selling anyhting. When you order any product, they will send you some defective unit or wrong unit, Obviously u will return in your own money and they detect restocking fees which is usually 30% and return your rest. This is pakka scam game plan they have...Police should arrest them immediately and this is their current addrss : FactoryOutletStore.com
34 34th St
3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11232
 27th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
I experienced the same problem, fighting to get the money back now. The 15% restocking fee is hidden in their website. It will show on the return form when you want to return . They send the defective item plus the refurbished one ( I ordered the new one).
Mimi Ng.
7/27/12
 8th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes

Factory Outlet Store - Poor Service
FactoryOutletStore.com

I ordered a transducer from "Factory Outlet Store" on 01/23/2013 with a delivery date of 8 to 10 days. They put the item on back order with out notifying me with a new delivery date of early February. I got a notice from my credit card company that there was an on line charge to my account to this company. I called them and contacted a person that spoke with a thick accent. and they agreed to take the charge off, which they did. It is now the 8th of February and I still have not received an email to confirm shipment or an apology for the back order or to keep me informed of my orders status. If I could rate them on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give them a 1. I would advise anyone trying to do business with then to purchase elsewhere. They act as like they could care less if they have your business.
 25th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. I have already called Amex to dispute the charge and will be sending the items back to them later today. I was going to exchange the items before noticing how this company operates. They are a scam and I am appalled at Google Shopping for recommending such a vendor. I will do everything I can to let everyone know of their operations. Ordered brand new items and got completely used ones in return. I now need to pay for shipping to get these used items back to them. And when I say used, I don't mean refurbished. These items are truly trashed.
 6th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes

FactoryOutletStore
34 34th St.
Brooklyn
New York
Phone: 800-816-0810

I've made about 7 calls to their customer service, and still the problem can't be resolved. They twice sent me defective/incorrect merchandise, and I have to pay for the return shipping. Use a more reputable store with a better return policy.
 18th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
Received wrong information from the telephone sales representative. He told me that the $179.00 headsets would plug into the telephone I have. When I received the headsets I found that the plug is not compatible with my phone.

I called them back and asked for a refund which they did offer but they expected me to pay for shipping. I feel that it's not only wrong but incredibly short-sited for this company to expect me pay anything at all for their mistake, after all, it was their sales rep that led me astray.

Talking to the customer service gal was like talking to a cork. I'm not sure she was even plugged in.

I'm rating all one star including the price because any price is too high for worthlessness.

I suggest that the owner of this company do a little shopping at Zappos to see what customer service is all about. here's a clue Mister... Lifetime customers VS never again in this life.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree