logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Regency Beauty Institute
This is an exception to the term
2. (18 mins ago)
Netcare
Unitas should be ahamed of themselves
3. (23 mins ago)
Clayton Nelson
Clayton Nelson CON ARTIST
4. (25 mins ago)
Timbercreek richmond hill
mold,sbs,ants,flies,wet foundation, ect
5. (34 mins ago)
Loancare Servicing Center Inc.
Awful Company!!!!

Factory Outlet Store
Brooklyn, New York
factoryoutletstore.com
SCAM ALERT!!! BEWARE

These guys are crooks. I will file complaints with NY AG's office, the BBB, and local police. I found Factory Outlet Store in the Google market place. I bought an expensive Garmin data card, only to open the package and realize they had substituted it for a blank, defective MicroSD card. The product SKU's didnt even match. I paid Fedex $15 to return it, and they charged me a BS $50 re-stocking fee. When I called to attempt to resolve it, they transferred me to a black hole mailbox with no response.

Garmin and Google should be embarrassed to be associated with a company that systematically rips off consumers.

I have learned my lesson. I will never do business with a small, unknown internet retailer again.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Oct, 2010 by   factory Outlet store.com victim 0 Votes
Yes i agree. They are cheats. Authority shud take action against them.

I bought a new GARMIN 255 GPS and they send across a Refurbished in the same price. Now the only option is to return at my own cost and pay restocking fees.

Google and Garmin shud ban this site.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   WKane 0 Votes
I just filed a complaint with the IC3 Internet Crime Complaint Center. I urge you to do the same thing. I listed this website as a source to find others that have been victimized by this company, so maybe if we all join forces we can do something about this company. They have a scam in which they send misrepresented or incorrect products, the consumer is then placed in a position to have to make a return or attempt an exchange and then they hit you with restocking fees. They then have the product back and you are out $$$$. Attempting to resolve with them is a frustrating process of transfers and lenghty holds until which time you finally talk to someone who gives you yet another step to complete and yet they still do nothing to resolve. Individually, we are all out small amounts of money...so, they can fly under the radar as most consumers will determine that it's not worth the effort to try and reclaim a small amount of money. But, when you add all of those unresonable fees together, this company is making money without having to actually release any product.
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   John Stanley 0 Votes
They did the scam to me. John in Gilroy, CA
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   dlsquirt28 0 Votes
I agree, I had similar issues! I am so disgusted with them. This is awful!!! It was thier mistake and we have to pay the price. Something must be done. I had to contact the BBB, as well. I hope to get the matter resolved.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   dlsquirt28 0 Votes
Please help get this matter resolved. Everyone has the same story.
 25th of May, 2011 by   Siglade 0 Votes

Poor customer service and no refund if you are not satisfied - Factoryoutletstore.com

Poor customer service and no refund if you are not satisfied.
 21st of Jul, 2011 by   Mahely Zerquera 0 Votes
I have the same problem, they sent me a wrong BlueChart SD card, and they tellme not refound and don't sended the right one. Is incredible. Could you have any solution? I need a advice please, Thank you. Mahely Zerquera. Miami FL
 4th of Oct, 2011 by   FAUSTO ARAUJO 0 Votes
I DEMAND TO SPEAK TO A MANAGER ASAP I DID NOT RECEIVE A CALLBACK AS PROMISED AND I HAD NO FOLLOW UP REFERENCE THE TRACKING OF THE CORRECTED GPS ORDER. THIS IS A TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT FOR ME AS YOUR CUSTOMER (FORMER).
I WANT A FULL REFUND.
 5th of Jan, 2012 by   Rafael Encarnacion 0 Votes
Here is a way to fight back. If you're just reading this after you made the purchase - please PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE!!! Have UPS return the package to sender, or refuse delivery when you see the UPS truck pull up.

Then call the office of the credit card you used to pay for the purchase. Tell them you want a total refund and that you want to file a dispute. Say that you lost trust with the company selling you the item. They will mail you a form to fill out, and they will investigae the matter. Once they verify that, you will get your money back without paying the vendor any restocking fees. Good luck.
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   waatry 0 Votes
Fraud! Fraud! They are just earning from re stocking fees and they are not actually selling anyhting. When you order any product, they will send you some defective unit or wrong unit, Obviously u will return in your own money and they detect restocking fees which is usually 30% and return your rest. This is pakka scam game plan they have...Police should arrest them immediately and this is their current addrss : FactoryOutletStore.com
34 34th St
3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11232
 27th of Jul, 2012 by   Mimi Ng 0 Votes
I experienced the same problem, fighting to get the money back now. The 15% restocking fee is hidden in their website. It will show on the return form when you want to return . They send the defective item plus the refurbished one ( I ordered the new one).
Mimi Ng.
7/27/12
 25th of Mar, 2013 by   Frank Wagoner 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. I have already called Amex to dispute the charge and will be sending the items back to them later today. I was going to exchange the items before noticing how this company operates. They are a scam and I am appalled at Google Shopping for recommending such a vendor. I will do everything I can to let everyone know of their operations. Ordered brand new items and got completely used ones in return. I now need to pay for shipping to get these used items back to them. And when I say used, I don't mean refurbished. These items are truly trashed.
 18th of Jun, 2013 by   sgordo 0 Votes
Received wrong information from the telephone sales representative. He told me that the $179.00 headsets would plug into the telephone I have. When I received the headsets I found that the plug is not compatible with my phone.

I called them back and asked for a refund which they did offer but they expected me to pay for shipping. I feel that it's not only wrong but incredibly short-sited for this company to expect me pay anything at all for their mistake, after all, it was their sales rep that led me astray.

Talking to the customer service gal was like talking to a cork. I'm not sure she was even plugged in.

I'm rating all one star including the price because any price is too high for worthlessness.

I suggest that the owner of this company do a little shopping at Zappos to see what customer service is all about. here's a clue Mister... Lifetime customers VS never again in this life.
 10th of Apr, 2014 by   Tweeter2 0 Votes
My experience was less traumatic - their prices (despite calling themselves a "factory story") are DOUBLE those at Wal-Mart. That might not be illegal, but DO'T, DON'T, DON'T buy from these low-life scum!
 31st of May, 2014 by   BlkDakDave 0 Votes
Communication was terrible. No confirmation email of my order, which I expected to receive in an hour or so. After 4 or 5 hours I tried to look it up through my registered account. This required the confirmation number. I then called asking for one. Through my email and phone number they found my order. Cool, so at least I’m in the system. So I asked for them to send me an email with the number and a receipt of my purchase. NO EMAIL. The next day Factory Outlet called me asking for clarification on my billing address which is quickly rectified. I again asked that a confirmation number and a receipt be sent to my email. I was assured that my request, along with a notice of shipping and a tracking number would be sent within the hour. NO EMAIL. Long story short, after numerous phone calls and at least 20 emails asking for a confirmation number and a receipt, I received only the shipment notification and tracing number. Some relief, but I then had to send out 4 more emails asking for a receipt. Four days after the purchase did I receive which in today’s time is inexcusable.
Amazon, Ebay and other places that I make purchases from their
response is almost immediate. Factory Outlet was by far the worst experience ever. I am waiting on delivery andwill place another review if necessary.

This was my first and last dealings with this company. NEVER
AGAIN!