logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam
2. (3 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Seller is scammer and thief - no idea where my order is
3. (37 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-07-07 by    Mallika88

Car hire scam

EuropCar
Europcar Hire Scam!

We hired a car over a long weekend and they happily told us we were able to return it on the Monday morning even though the office was closed. They failed to mention however, that if their return car park was full, that there was another car park a few KM down the road|. So, when we returned the car on Monday, their return car park was full and so some other cars had been returned and parked on the side walk|. It seemed as if they forget to tell every one about their second car park|. When we got the invoice we saw that an extra £65 had been charged for the parking fine! There was no information anywhere on where else to park the car if it was full".

I called and argued with them, and they changed their story saying this extra fee was actually because they had found a scratch on the car! I said there was no way of telling if it was us, and it probably was someone walking by as the cars were easily accessible to passers byers". They refunded the fee for the apparent scratch, that there was no photos of! BUT said that we would have to pay the parking fine if there was one, I asked them if they already knew about a parking fine as it had been almost 3 weeks since we had hired the car, they told me sometimes the fine takes a while to reach them:. The next Monday they had taken out £65 + 27 admin charges!!! I just don't know where to go and what to do?! This is clearly unfair and it is obviously a scam as there is no where to park the cars, they don't give out information about their second car park, they change the story about what the excess charges are for and then charge more and more, with out permission!
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Bank Cards Scams 2